• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Interesting registration

Started by Kat Kanning, November 03, 2009, 07:59 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

verbal.kint
Lurker
Email:
stoner.89@yahoo.com
Account is currently not activated (activate)
Date Registered:
September 14, 2009, 09:18 AM NHFT
Last Active:
Never
IP:
Hostname:
sbcp5.dhs.gov
Local Time:
November 03, 2009, 08:58 AM NHFT

jerry

The Usual Suspects
http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0002072/

From The Usual Suspects (1995)
Verbal Kint: You think you can catch Keyser Soze? You think a guy like that comes this close to getting caught, and sticks his head out? If he comes up for anything it'll be to get rid of me. After that... my guess is you'll never hear from him again

Sovereign Curtis

Hhhmmm, they arent familiar with proxies?

K. Darien Freeheart

QuoteFrom The Usual Suspects (1995)
Verbal Kint: You think you can catch Keyser Soze?

I think that line is ESPECIALLY telling... Will Kostric's forum handle is Keyser Soce.

QuoteHhhmmm, they arent familiar with proxies?

In fairness, they are VERY familiar with them. I know as a fact that the NSA runs Tor exit nodes, I've heard reliable folks say that the military and the FBI do as well. I suspect there's some non-nefarious reason for that (internal use) and I suspect there are several nefarious reasons the do (sniffing exit traffic).

Kat Kanning

Date registered was sept. 14th.  When was William's big gig?

Sovereign Curtis

"Who is Keyser Soze? He is supposed to be Turkish. Some say his father was German. Nobody believed he was real. Nobody ever saw him or knew anybody that ever worked directly for him, but to hear Kobayashi tell it, anybody could have worked for Soze. You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that, poof. He's gone."

Sovereign Curtis

"Keaton always said, "I don't believe in God, but I'm afraid of him." Well I believe in God, and the only thing that scares me is Keyser Soze."

thinkliberty

Quote from: Kat Kanning on November 03, 2009, 01:17 PM NHFT

Date registered was sept. 14th.  When was William's big gig?

from August 11, 2009: (hardball interview)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGUfsfJTX88

Pat K

error

Interesting. The official record for that IP address has it at 7681 Boston Blvd, Springfield, VA., used by Customs and Border Protection. But that's a small office in a large business park off I-95, and DHS has leased several offices nearby there. DHS has a $350,000+ (the + is apparently secret) contract with Knight Protective Service, Inc., to provide contract guards for these 17 locations.

More interestingly, a traceroute puts the destination of the IP address in or around Anaheim, CA. That's the point where it gets handed off from Sprint to DHS, anyway. If I had to bet, given the government's recent moves to consolidate its Internet traffic, I'd say that's likely just an outbound proxy, and the subject could be anywhere.