• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

The cops and people carrying guns in Manchester

Started by porcupine kate, November 19, 2009, 02:04 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

porcupine kate

I just finished lunch with a group of Second Amendment representatives from various gun groups in NH with Mayor Guinta.  One of the people there is a lawyer who represents people on 2A cases here in NH.  The lawyer was telling the mayor about some of incidents between law abiding people and the police regarding carrying firearms in the city.

Apparently the police have been stepping up their patrols in the neighborhood of Porc Central in response to 3 shooting in this area in one month.  They are paying special attention to people carrying guns.  Law abiding citizens are getting hassled and or arrested by the cops.  The mayor is going to look into the situation.  He told us that he didn't think this sort of thing was still happening after he had procedural changes after put in place after Neil and his friends were stopped by the cops for open carry in 2007.  He was not happy about the way the cops had treated the incidents that were brought up.  He told us he would talk to the chief about the situation.  We will see what he does about it.(if anything)

In the mean time please be advise that you may run into more trouble than normal with the cops when you are open carrying in Manchester.

I will update this if I hear of any changes or action from the mayor and the city.