• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Man Executes 15-year Old Son After Confession Of Molesting 3-YO Daughter

Started by K. Darien Freeheart, November 21, 2009, 12:34 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

K. Darien Freeheart

Man Executed 15-year old son after confession of molestation,

http://www.abcnews.go.com/WN/father-kills-son-molesting-sister/story?id=9127703&page=1

[Edit: Turns out, this is NOT the family I know. Kinda relieved there...]

dalebert

Holy crap, Kevin. How awful. I can't even imagine how you must feel.

I'm very confused though by your post. The son is dead, no?

Quote from: Kevin Dean on November 21, 2009, 12:34 AM NHFT
I'm not sure how to feel here. I know the son. The guy is a kid, who MAY have a chance to be reformed. At the same time, molesting a 3-year old is NOT okay.

Jim Johnson

What can a man see in his son besides himself?

A man who executes his son is executing part of himself.
And punishing himself for his own past deeds.

geoff

To me it seems like doing that to a kid is just about one of the worst things that anybody could do.  If somebody did that to my kid, I would hope for the opportunity to kill them myself, so I don't know how bad I can feel about him getting killed. 

Lloyd Danforth

We don't know exactly what the kid did to the child.  He obviously needed help. Now, she has to go through life knowing her brother was killed over her and that her father's gone also. She may have recovered from the sexual stuff more easily than this.

Friday

I noticed a couple of things in this article:

1) The killer was a postal worker.  No further comment on that one.

2) The guy's lawyer is quoted as saying "And even though Pinkney Sr. had never been diagnosed with mental health problems, O'Meara said that if the allegations of the murder are true, "there must be issues with his mental health." "  So what's his point, all murderers are, by definition, mentally ill and should, presumably, get off on an insanity plea?  And what is "alleged" about the boy's mother and neighbors watching him get shot in the head while kneeling naked on the ground?

K. Darien Freeheart

Quote2) The guy's lawyer is quoted as saying "And even though Pinkney Sr. had never been diagnosed with mental health problems, O'Meara said that if the allegations of the murder are true, "there must be issues with his mental health." "  So what's his point, all murderers are, by definition, mentally ill and should, presumably, get off on an insanity plea?

Michigan, and likely other places, but Michigan specifically, can't say "The man was distraught, it was a crime of passion". Michigan has the very odd position of being Democrat controlled and "tough on crime". They won't issue any verdict here about the right or wrong of it. They might let him off, or they might convict him to life. BUt the idea that this is an understandable response isn't something they'll consider.

QuoteAnd what is "alleged" about the boy's mother and neighbors watching him get shot in the head while kneeling naked on the ground?

It's statist doublespeak. In the courts, supposedly, there's a presumption of innocence. Council for the defendant will always remind people that until the court convicts, the accused is innocent.

Radical_Teen

WOW that's harsh. I've heard of some really bad criminal cases but that really harsh. Yeah I can't imagine what the daughter will have to live with growing up. At such a young age I wouldn't imagine that she would remember the sexual stuff later on in life. But to know for your whole life that you brother is dead because of her. I feel bad for the daughter and the son.   

K. Darien Freeheart

QuoteAt such a young age I wouldn't imagine that she would remember the sexual stuff later on in life.

What makes that stuff "bad" is all of the stigma adults have on sex. I speak from experience... You don't remember it.

QuoteBut to know for your whole life that you brother is dead because of her.

This is the sexual victim trap. Her brother isn't dead because of her. Her brother is dead because of her father. But people will keep saying it. People will keep connecting one with the other. It makes me sad, I really wish people could move beyond that.

She'll have issues growing up, for sure, and my heart goes out to her and all the people around her.

QuoteI feel bad for the daughter and the son.

Empathy is a bitch sometimes. :(