• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

I could use some help to move this Sunday

Started by Mike Barskey, November 24, 2009, 11:06 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Barskey

I'm going to be moving from my apartment in Derry this Sunday, November 29. I realize it's the Sunday of Thanksgiving weekend, but there is a trial for me on Nov 30 and I might end up in jail for a few days, and I want to take care of this move before that.

I don't have much stuff, and I'll be able to fit most of it in a vehicle I already have, but I could use some help with not only moving some items (large BBQ, large desk, queen bed and 4-poster frame, dresser), but possibly transporting them to my new location (which is about 90 minutes away). Is anyone willing to offer their pickup truck to use during the move? My desk disassembles and should fit in one truck, and my BBQ and dresser should fit in another. The bed and everything else in my apartment should fit in my moving vehicle.

I'd also love some help moving my car and motorcycle. I'll be driving the moving vehicle, so I need someone to drive my car. And I'd love it if someone wants to drive my motorcycle up for me.

There is one flight of stairs in my Derry apartment, none at the new location. I'll be providing pizza and beer. The current weather forecast for Sunday is "partly sunny and breezy." I figure we could meet at my Derry place at 10:00a, load until about 11:30a, be at the new location at about 1:00p, and be done unloading by 2:00p. We'll take food breaks whenever y'all want to.

I'll really appreciate your help!

Kat Kanning

It is my theory that we ought to maybe have a big party at the unloading end, maybe.

Mike Barskey

Quote from: Kat Kanning on November 24, 2009, 11:09 AM NHFT
It is my theory that we ought to maybe have a big party at the unloading end, maybe.

You are one hell of a theoretician! :) Let's do it. Is a bonfire do-able? I'll have a big BBQ (though I need a propane tank - mine's empty) and I already have tons of hamburgers and hot dogs.

Kat Kanning

We can burn stuff, ya, bonfire.  We have gas, too, for the BBQ, ya know.

thinkliberty

I can help at 10am this Sunday with the loading part, I don't know if I have time to do the unloading part.  send me a PM with the address.

K. Darien Freeheart

I'll be down.

I'll bring my Element. The back seats fold up so you could fit a bunch of stuff in there. I don't think a full sized motorcycle will fit (dirt bikes do). The bed might, the grill probably will.

Friday

Alas, I cannot return the favor and help with this move as I get to hang out at Logan on the busiest travel day of the year.   :P

Jim Johnson

Sam A. Robrin

Mike Barskey

Thanks to all that can make it, or who would want to but have previous commitments. :)

Is someone willing to drive my PT Cruiser (stick shift) from Derry to Grafton for me that day? If you do and cannot find a ride home, I will drive you home.

Also, Is anyone willing to drive my motorcycle?

John

I have a prior commitment for today - but - we'll see how the timing work out...

K. Darien Freeheart

We had all sorts of good people out at Hoyt today!

Porcupine Movers have a new slogan - "Porcupine moving... we can move you out faster than the cops can get a warrant."

Pat K

Mike Barskey

Thanks to everyone who helped me move yesterday. It went super quick and the BBQ and frisbee afterwards was fun. And Thinkliberty and And Stuff, I owe you lunch.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Kevin Dean on November 29, 2009, 11:01 PM NHFT
Porcupine Movers have a new slogan - "Porcupine moving... we can move you out faster than the cops can get a warrant."
;D  8)