• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Jean Coutu being indicted on a felony charge?

Started by Kat Kanning, November 24, 2009, 08:45 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

Craziness.  Sounds like he needs help.  Here's his email:

To All,
  Thanx so much to everyone for the support. I've been  frantic. What we
couldn't understand was why it was a blind indictment  without bail. We
finally found out this morning that there were 3 felony's  listed on my criminal
record that shouldn't have been on it. I've  never been convicted of a
felony. We've been on the phone all day all  over the country getting them removed
with getting the proof to the  prosecutor. They just finally arranged bail
conditions. Whew.  The next  hurdle will be retaining a good attorney &
defense  fund. The biggest thing, if people wanted to help, is to  contact
superiors at the NH Dept. Of Safety  supporting this vendetta: Fire Marshall
William Deghan and  Commissioner John Barthelmes or The A.G. Office about D.O.S
employee Mark  Hilbert's vendetta. Contact info below.
Thank you so much,
Jean Coutu

_http://www.nhinsider.com/nhigb/2009/11/23/nh-dos-employee-uses-state-author
ity-and-treasury-for-person.html_
(http://www.nhinsider.com/nhigb/2009/11/23/nh-dos-employee-uses-state-authority-and-treasury-for-person.html)

_NH  DOS Employee Uses State Authority and Treasury for Personal Vendetta_
(http://www.nhinsider.com/nhigb/2009/11/23/nh-dos-employee-uses-state-authori
ty-and-treasury-for-person.html) 
Monday, November  23, 2009 at 07:50AM

Mark Hilbert NH Dept. Of Safety State investigator stalked and was charged 
with stalking a homeowner in Dublin over her generator being hooked up
during  the NH ice storm because the main breaker was accidentally left on back
feeding  to the power line grid. No one was harmed. The state had received
hundreds of  reports of people who had hooked up their generators this way
due to shortages  of parts during the ice storm state of emergency. Many
lineman were checking for  back feeding due to this.
The homeowner chose to drop charges by not pursuing the stalking & 
harassment charges assuming Hilbert & the DOS would just back off. Soon  after
Hilbert's stalking court hearing, he had charges pressed on me for 2 class  A
misdemeanors for helping another friend on his Jaffrey hot dog trailer a year 
prior to the ice storm. Hilbert and DOS were seeking 60 days in jail even
though  the State DOS commissioner said trailers weren't a regulated activity
not  requiring being a licensed contractor to work on trailers.. This was 
retribution, where I had assisted the Dublin homeowner with her generator.
After almost 8 months battling, I was able to get it reduced to a fine with
a  good faith plea by the Jaffrey prosecutor and  Dublin prosecutor Martha 
Jakes and my attorney Alex Parsons that no other charges, specifically for
the  generator situation in Dublin, would be made in the future thus giving
the state  their eye for an eye, settling all this once and for all. We
settled Oct. 27th  at Jaffrey district Court.
On November 17th Hilbert and the DOS had me indicted on felony charge's in 
the Cheshire County Superior Court for helping the Dublin homeowner with
her  generator during the ice storm. Now they're seeking to have me serve 7
years  claiming it was felony reckless conduct with a dangerous weapon
(electricity).  My arraignment is Nov. 25 praying they set a reasonable bail. I
have never been  arrested for a felony! This is crazy. My attorney said he's
never heard of  this!
This is obviously a vendetta, out of the other hundreds of reports the
State  & PSNH received about other generators, people, electricians, etc. that
were  hooked up this way during the state of emergency ice storm none were
prosecuted  or had felony charges against them, just me.
We had also previously filed complaints with the A.G. Office Executive
Ethics  Committee against Hilbert and his supervisor Robert Farley for
falsifying  information in court regarding the stalking charges and their continued
abuse of  office. The A.G. Ethic's committee ruled that though the evidence
provided to  them was not frivolous, that due to Hilbert & Farley being
classified state  employee's they were excluded from the committee's jurisdiction
or any statutory  authority to take action.
Pretty much if your a classified employee in NH you can get away with 
anything and citizens have no recourse.
Any means of support will be appreciated.
John Barthelmes Dept. Of Safety Commissioner  603-271-2791
William Deghan Fire Marshal Dept. Of Safety  603-223-4289
Melissa Pierce, Cheshire County Prosecutor  603-352-6902

PattyLee loves dogs

Stunning, Thanks for the coverage. I would be willing to protest. Any others interested? Let me know please. pl

Jean Coutu

It appears all my lawsuits against corrupt state public officials with  local officials often being front page in their failed attempts to shut down organizing LFOD Rally has earned me a "SLAPP" from the state.
Info on SLAPP: http://www.gnbtaxpayers.com/2009-02-06%20-%20SLAPP.pdf
These pricks aren't going to let up. One charge after another. The biggest thing people could do is to the call the officials listed in the posting above or e-mail FMO@DOS.NH.GOV and we will be trying to organize a protest rally in front of the Concord D.O.S. Building in the near future. 

PattyLee loves dogs

I will email this to the bureaucrat now as recommended in the above post for what it is worth. Meanwhile I may have some information of a technical nature that may be helpful in preparation of a legal defense. Hopefully this problem will resolve but if it comes to public protest let me know when and where to show up.

To whom it may concern:
It has come to the attention of good citizens that one of our own, Mr. Jean Coutu is obviously a victim of selective felony prosecution as a result of his peaceful actions to apply a generator to assist a neighbor as a Good Samaritan  during a catastrophic New Hampshire ice storm.  This prosecution cannot be accepted as fair and should be stopped immediately. This is a man that has been active to advocate for the rights of individuals as well as volunteer in his community. He in no way can be considered a criminal as a result of assisting a neighbor while no other reasonable course of action was available. The outcome of your department's action towards this citizen will be noted and be reported to the larger community if  this citizen is harmed. 
Patricia Lee

joanb

Kat, Jean is going to need more help soon! I'll update later - but Dick Olson is setting up a picket for Monday January 18th at noon outside the fire marhsall's office in Concord. The address is not the Hazen Dr location for the DOS but is on Smokey Bear BLVD which is just around the corner. It's short notice, but we need all the bodies we can get.
Jean has been told that he will be thrown in jail if he makes an appearance at this event. WTF???

I'll get the details out this weekend.
Appreciate anything you can do to help. How is hooking up a generator a felony??? really???

Dave Ridley

Dave Ridley

Supporters of "Good Samaritan" Mike Coutu have scheduled some sort of demonstration 11a-1p

He's the organizer of the Live Free or Die rally and is charged with hooking up a generator, facing 7 years! 

the generator backfed into the power grid as a result of him apparently hooking it up improperly....so the state is charging him with assualt with a deady weapon, even though no one was hurt.  They're calling electricity a weapon.

The protest is apparently  at sheep davis (rt. 106) and Regional Drive in
front of the Fire Marshall's Office between 11am & 1pm Monday the 18th

More details welcome.

joanb

Here the link to the facebook event!!

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#/event.php?eid=282453706176&index=1

Type: Cause/Rally
Start: Tuesday, Jan. 19, 2010 , 11 AM
Finish: Tuesday, Jan. 19,2010 , 1 PM

Directions:

FROM THE SOUTH:
Take I-93 North to Concord to Exit 13 (Manchester Street). At end of exit, bear right. Go over the bridge and turn left at the lights onto Old Turnpike Road.
Follow Old Turnpike Road to next set of lights (Airport Road). Go straight through the lights onto Regional Drive to next set of lights (NH Route 106). Go through lights onto Smokey Bear Boulevard. Protest located at intersection of Regional Drive and Rt.106 a.k.a. Sheep Davis Drive.

Description:
Support Good Samaritan's Rights Demonstration
This demonstration is to protest the NH State Fire Marshall for his indicting on felony charges with seeking 3-7 years imprisonment of a good Samaritan for helping homeowners during the NH ice storm state of emergency. This act by the Fire Marshall's office is a vendetta due to the stalking arrest of his investigator during the ice storm by a homeowner whom this good Samaritan had helped. There was no harm or damage caused to anyone or anything by this home homeowner or the good Samaritan. Out of hundred's of similar reports the Fire Marshall's Office received from around the state during the ice storm, this good Samaritan was singled out and only one prosecuted. This Good Samaritan is fighting this alone with finance's being exhausted and facing a long prison term. PLEASE take an hour to show your support.

Story Links: 
1) http://www.nhinsider.com/nhigb/2009/11/23/nh-dos-employee-uses-state-authority-and-treasury-for-person.html
2) http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?topic=19542.0

Contact: Richard Olson Sr. 603-532-8084 rholson@myfairpoint.net

Dave Ridley

i'd recommend emailing the relevant media about this no later than Jan 13

Jean Coutu

Good Samaritan's Rights Demonstration
LFOD Rally creator faces prison for doing a good deed!

Date: Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Time: 11:00am - 1:00pm
Street: 228 Sheep Davis Drive
City/Town: Concord, NH,03301

HOST: UNH Young Americans For Liberty & Richard Olson Sr.

HELPING YOUR NEIGHBOR SHOULD NOT BE A CRIME!!

This demonstration is to protest the NH State Fire Marshall for his felony indicting, punishable by 3-7 years imprisonment, of a good Samaritan for helping homeowners during the NH ice storm state of emergency.
This vendetta by the Fire Marshall's office is retribution for the stalking arrest of their investigator during the ice storm by a homeowner whom beckoned this good Samaritan. There was no harm or damage caused to anyone or anything by this home homeowner or the good Samaritan. The main breaker had been accidentally left on while the homeowners generator running. Out of hundred's of similar reports the Fire Marshall's Office received from around the state during the ice storm, this good Samaritan was singled out and prosecuted. This Good Samaritan is fighting this alone with finance's having been exhausted and facing a long prison term. Also, this individual is the target of a "SLAPP" (definition link below) due to his methods in activism as with filing numerous complaints with the state in regard to home owners rights violations perpetrated by official's of the NH DOS Fire Marshal's Office.
PLEASE take an hour to attend this demonstration with showing your support.

DIRECTIONS TO THE NH FIRE MARSHAL OFFICE FROM THE SOUTH:

Take I-93 North to Concord NH to Exit 13 (Manchester Street). At end of exit, bear right. Go over the bridge and turn left at the lights onto Old Turnpike Road.
Follow Old Turnpike Road to next set of lights (Airport Road). Go straight through the lights onto Regional Drive to next set of lights (NH Route 106). Go through lights onto Smokey Bear Boulevard. Protest located at intersection of Regional Drive and Rt.106 a.k.a. Sheep Davis Drive.

To call with complaint in regard to this vendetta and felony charges:
John Barthelmes Dept. Of Safety Commissioner 603-271-2791
William Deghan Fire Marshal Dept. Of Safety 603-223-4289 FMO@DOS.NH.GOV

For more info: Richard Olson Sr. 603-532-8084 rholson@myfairpoint.net

To Reserve On Face Book:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=173009477205&ref=mf#/event.php?eid=282453706176&ref=nf

NH Insider article:
http://www.nhinsider.com/nhigb/2009/11/23/nh-dos-employee-uses-state-authority-and-treasury-for-person.html

SLAPP definition Link:
http://www.gnbtaxpayers.com/2009-02-06%20-%20SLAPP.pdf

Kat Kanning

Jean Coutu

Hi Everyone,
Thank you all. I must mention in Dave Ridley's report as with several comments from folks keep referring to my mis wiring this generator, which I didn't. This has been an ongoing thing with updates posted for a couple months and is confusing if someone hasn't been following it.
In short hundreds of people needed help during the ice storm & I was running 24/7 for almost two weeks helping them. One old friend had called whom had a generator installed by someone incorrectly. I went out, brought them water,gas & explained to them how to correct  the problem. Where many of the correct parts were not available, I made it clear that they had to keep their main breaker off. A few days later when they checked to see if the PSNH power was back on they accidentally left the main breaker on while there generator was running back feeding power to the street. A lineman came to the door and asked this homeowner to shut their main breaker off. No harm done, the lineman said hundreds of people had been accidentally leaving their main breakers on. However by law he had to turn in reports of all of them to the state. When the state investigator from the Fire Marshal's office went to the homeowner's house & started following her around town harrassing and threatening her, she had him arrested for stalking. After this investigator got out of court for the  stalking charges he had me arrested out of retribution. Out of thousands of reports the Fire Marshal's Office and this investigator got from all over the state,he only had me arrested. The kicker is, I didn't even hook the damn thing up OR leave the main breaker on. Since my arrest we located the guy who did hook it up & got the invoice from him for his installing the damn thing wrong with turning the invoice over to the prosecution who now says they don't give a shit their going to take it to trial and charge me with it anyway. It's bullshit where it was a damn state of emergency and no one or anything was harmed. The reason my name isn't mentioned in the event posting is because I got word if I organized or attended the picket that this asshole with the vendetta at the Fire Marshall's office would have my bail revoked. So, a some nice folks are organizing to picket the fire marshal's office in my behalf.

To reserve on Face Book:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=173009477205&ref=mf#/event.php?eid=282453706176&ref=nf

For related news article, NH Insider :
http://www.nhinsider.com/nhigb/2009/11/23/nh-dos-employee-uses-state-authority-and-treasury-for-person.html

Suggested signs for demonstration:

"Abuse of Power"
"Fire Mark Hilbert" (investigator that was arrested for stalking with the vendetta)
"IMPEACH Deghan" (state fire Marshal)
" Fire Men shouldn't be bully's"
"Homeowner Rights"
"Replace Rob Farley" (Hilbert's boss who lied in court at Hilbert's stalking charge court hearing)
"Helping your Neighbor should not be a crime"
" End the Vendetta"

THANK YOU :-)

thinkliberty

Is this happening on the 18th (the forum calender says it's the 18th) or the 19th?

I can make it if it's on the 18th, if it's on the 19th I can't.

It looks like all the face book events say this is on the 19th, so I assume it's on the 19th.

Kat Kanning

The press release I was sent said the 18th.  Obviously Dada got the same info.  I'm asking on the facebook event which it is.  ::)

Kat Kanning

They said MLK day is the 18th and the office is closed, so it's on the 19th.