• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Merrimack Valley Porcupines Monthly Meeting For December

Started by GlenDickey, November 27, 2009, 06:18 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

GlenDickey

Greeting Liberty Lovers,

The Merrimack Valley Porcupines will hold the monthly meeting for December on Saturday, Dec 5th at Murphy's Taproom in Manchester at 11:00.  This month I am sure the conversation will be lively will the many events of the day, so please come down and put your two cents in.  As the moderator I would like to propose two topics for discussion;

- Amid much controversy the US federal government recently decided to try some of the people allegedly responsible for the September 11th 2001 attacks in civilian courts.  Assuming that a "Society of Liberty" was involved in a war, how would prisoners of war be handled?

- Foreign intelligence services are part and parcel of the modern nation state.  Is a foreign intelligence service compatible with a libertarian society?  Is it naïve or wise to think that other nation states will not manipulate societies without such services? 

Phil Greazzo has graciously accepted my request to share his thoughts on his recent successful election.  I am sure we can all learn something from his experience.  As always, we welcome any new movers to come down and meet your fellow porcupines, as well as any liberty lovers looking for fellowship.

Sincerely,

Glen Dickey
Moderator, Merrimack Valley Porcupines

K. Darien Freeheart

If I were to attend, I'm sure I'd ruffle some feathers, given the questions. :P

I wonder if I should...

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: GlenDickey on November 27, 2009, 06:18 PM NHFT
- Amid much controversy the US federal government recently decided to try some of the people allegedly responsible for the September 11th 2001 attacks in civilian courts.  Assuming that a "Society of Liberty" was involved in a war, how would prisoners of war be handled?

- Foreign intelligence services are part and parcel of the modern nation state.  Is a foreign intelligence service compatible with a libertarian society?  Is it naïve or wise to think that other nation states will not manipulate societies without such services? 

Personally, if I were running any Porcupine event, I'm try to focus on national or world issues as little as possible (state and local almost exclusively) but clearly I'm not running this event, You are.  I wish you well and hope the event is as entertaining as I picture it in my mind :)

Kat Kanning

It's the feds doing the most horrible things.  I don't think that should be ignored.

Russell Kanning

don't forget the keene city manager says he gets his authority from the federal government
the reason they can kick people out of their homes is because of the civil war according to him

GlenDickey

Quote from: Kevin Dean on November 27, 2009, 08:14 PM NHFT
If I were to attend, I'm sure I'd ruffle some feathers, given the questions. :P

I wonder if I should...

I would like to extend a special invitation to you Kevin Dean to please come down and present your views.  I like to take an empirical view of things and the more views presented the higher the likelihood of hearing something really good, especially given the caliber of individuals involved. 

To my mind ruffling feathers is a trivial task, simply support or extol the status quo. 

GlenDickey

Quote from: Fluff and Stuff on November 28, 2009, 12:38 AM NHFT
Quote from: GlenDickey on November 27, 2009, 06:18 PM NHFT

Hmmm...  Thanks for the advice.  I am new to moderating the MVP meetup and the format is in no way set in stone.  I am looking to draw our speakers as exclusively as possible from liberty loving people actually performing activism preferably locally.  I hope the questions are interesting, encourage thinking, and are not intended to provoke division.  The question are ones that I think it would be interesting to hear other peoples thoughts on.