• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Moving sale! Everything must go by December 1st!

Started by Recumbent ReCycler, November 27, 2009, 07:49 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Recumbent ReCycler

I need to get rid of a lot of stuff by December 1st.  I have lots of tools, clothes, furniture, appliances, etc.  If you'd like to buy or hold onto some of my stuff, please let me know ASAP.  If you want my clothes washer & dryer, you can have them if you want them.  I'd be willing to give my portable energy star rated dishwasher to a friend or sell it really cheap to someone else (it's the same model that the McGuires have in their bar).  I'm giving away my air conditioner and a bunk bed.  I have a lot of really cool books that I don't know what to do with.  Anyone want to hold onto a bunch of neat books and book cases?  I have Michael Badnarik's book in like new condition with his signature in it.  On December 1st I'll either be homeless or in the custody of the State, and anything that isn't removed from my apartment will probably be lost.  My home number is 603-692-4712.  My other number, which usually goes to voicemail is 603-617-4867.  You may want to call first before driving here so that if I'm not around you won't have to wait for me.  I'm planning to have the moving sale from around noon on Saturday until I'm ready to go to bed and Sunday from around 3pm until I'm ready to go to bed.  If there's still stuff on Monday, I'll continue the sale that day as well.  I have a bunch of metalworking and gunsmithing tools that I need to either sell or find someone to hold onto or sell for me.  The sale will be mostly indoors.  I'm also trying to sell my car.  It needs some work to pass inspection, but it runs well.  Any help would be appreciated.  My address is 183 High St., Somersworth, NH

Tim

Friday

I don't understand; why will you be homeless?  Surely you can find someone to rent a room from?

I would have been interested in buying some of your stuff, but unfortunately that's really short notice and I can't get over there by Dec. 1.   :-\

Recumbent ReCycler

By homeless I mean that I won't have a place of my own and I won't have enough money to rent a room for very long.  If I'm not in jail or prison, I will have places where I can stay, but not places for all my stuff.  Unfortunately my lawyer thinks that there's a high likelihood that I will be going to prison on the 1st of December, and I don't want to leave a bunch of stuff for my landlord to throw away and charge me for disposal.  If anyone wants to hold onto a drill or angle grinder or sheet metal nibbler or impact wrench or air ratchet or socket set or drill or air compressor or bead blasting cabinet or milling machine or welder or gunsmithing tools or something else for me, I don't mind letting friends use my tools, and I realize that there is a risk of them getting damaged, but they're only things.

My brother might be driving to Manchester on Tuesday, so if you are in that area and want something specific, he might be able to deliver it.

jaqeboy

TimO is off to court at 1PM today and may not be back for a while. His brother will advise the outcome and I'll pass that on. I hope that all our character reference letters help him somewhat...

LordBaltimore

Out of curiosity, what kind of character reference letter did you provide for a guy who sexually assaulted his 4 year old daughter?

QuoteTimothy Logsdon, 33, of 183 High St., allegedly engaged in a pattern of sexual assault on more than one occasion with a victim who is now 5 years old. A grand jury handed up an indictment in February on two counts of aggravated felonious sexual assault incest.

KBCraig

Quote from: LordBaltimore on December 01, 2009, 02:34 PM NHFT
Out of curiosity, what kind of character reference letter did you provide for a guy who sexually assaulted his 4 year old daughter?

QuoteTimothy Logsdon, 33, of 183 High St., allegedly engaged in a pattern of sexual assault on more than one occasion with a victim who is now 5 years old. A grand jury handed up an indictment in February on two counts of aggravated felonious sexual assault incest.

Do you believe everyone accused of a crime is guilty?

jaqeboy

Bad news for Timo. He was sentenced to 10 years in prison today at about 3 PM. I'll start a separate thread with details as I learn them from his brother.

doobie

Terrible to hear.  Tim was a good person from all my interactions and it sounded like his ex-wife and her new bf or roommate worked really hard to screw Tim's life.

jaqeboy

Quote from: doobie on December 01, 2009, 10:37 PM NHFT
Terrible to hear.  Tim was a good person from all my interactions and it sounded like his ex-wife and her new bf or roommate worked really hard to screw Tim's life.

That's what I got, too, from the family's observations. Unfortunately, Tim still loves his wife and would not fight the charges through a trial so as to not cause her any more strain. I started a separate thread for the details

LordBaltimore

Quote from: KBCraig on December 01, 2009, 05:32 PM NHFT

Are you also accusing Logsdon of perjury?

He pled guilty.

Kat Kanning

He chose between 10 years vs. 25 to life.  In the article he even said he took the plea because he was scared of the longer sentence.   Being forced to chose between two horrible alternatives....I'd hardly call it perjury.  ::)

doobie

Quote from: LordBaltimore on December 02, 2009, 08:18 AM NHFT
Quote from: KBCraig on December 01, 2009, 05:32 PM NHFT

Are you also accusing Logsdon of perjury?

He pled guilty.

The deck was entirely stacked against him.  If a man is charged with sexual assault, especially of a minor; even more so someone young enough to not really understand or is easily persuaded by another, it is nearly impossible to prove your innocence.   Maybe in 5-10 years the daughter will understand what happened and know nothing did happen and somehow get her dad vindicated.

ny2nh

Or.....maybe he diddled his daughter and opted to go to jail for a shorter period of time than if he went to trial and was convicted.

There really are only two people who know for sure.....him and his daughter. I hope for her sake, he is innocent and he didn't commit such a horrendous, despicable thing to his own flesh and blood.

I'm with Friday - I just have a hard time believing that a man would plead guilty to molesting his small daughter and accept 10 years in jail and be listed as a sex offender for life if it wasn't true. He won't even be able to appeal. At least if he had been found guilty by a jury (assuming there was enough concocted evidence to convict if he didn't do it) he would be able to appeal. The fathers I know would fight tooth and nail to keep and protect their children....and would have fought tooth and nail to prove their innocence.

jaqeboy

Quote from: ny2nh on December 02, 2009, 03:32 PM NHFT
...I'm with Friday - I just have a hard time believing that a man would plead guilty to molesting his small daughter and accept 10 years in jail and be listed as a sex offender for life if it wasn't true...

Some details on other thread. This type of charge is called the "Nuclear Weapon" of divorce.

AntonLee

I'll withhold judgement until I see more information.