• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Bad news for RecumbentRecycler!

Started by jaqeboy, December 01, 2009, 10:37 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

I can.  Easily.  People will admit to anything under torture.

KBCraig

Quote from: Kat Kanning on December 31, 2009, 09:15 AM NHFT

And the possibility of "three years and see your children again if you plead, 30+ if you don't" falls into my definition of psychological torture.

Heatman

Well, nobody knows with absolute certainty about anything, but the general consesnus is that we all find it very hard to believe that Tim would have done what he was accused of.  The only ones who know for sure is Tim and Joy (assuming there weren't any false memories produced). 

Heatman

Good news, my wife, son, and I were just approved to visit Tim.  We will try to get out there next weekend to visit.  Visiting hours are Friday 12:30-4, Saturday 4:30-9, and Sunday 8-11:45.  I would have liked to go tomorrow morning, but it is just too short of a notice.  If anyone else would like to visit Tim and hasn't received the form yet, let me know, and I wil get one to you.

jaqeboy

Great news, Heatman. Hope you get to see him the earliest possible time.

Heatman

We plan to come up this weekend ;D  we just need to figure out where to stay.

Kat Kanning

Got a letter from Tim yesterday.  Sending off a newspaper to him today.

KBCraig

Quote from: Heatman on January 05, 2010, 10:08 AM NHFT
We plan to come up this weekend ;D  we just need to figure out where to stay.

Gorham. There's one motel in Berlin, and it's reported to be a nasty roach trap.

KBCraig

http://reason.com/blog/2010/02/04/the-250th-dna-exoneration

There have now been 250 people exonerated by DNA testing, and 27% of those cases involved a false confession or guilty plea.

jaqeboy

Quote from: KBCraig on February 05, 2010, 01:25 AM NHFT

There have now been 250 people exonerated by DNA testing, and 27% of those cases involved a false confession or guilty plea.

Wow! That shows that for a poor man, facing the "plea-bargain/threat of greater charges" system like Tim did is as bad as a poor man facing a trial. In this case "poor man" = can't afford the $50,000 retainer for the lawyer.

Or, as I heard recently:

"A poor man has 'access' to the legal system in a manner similar to the Christians having 'access' to the lions."

CJS

Quote from: KBCraig on February 05, 2010, 01:25 AM NHFT

Can you believe over 70 % of those wrongful convictions had false eye witness testimony? WTF !

KBCraig

Quote from: CJS on February 05, 2010, 10:08 PM NHFT
Can you believe over 70 % of those wrongful convictions had false eye witness testimony? WTF !

Sure. Eye witnesses are the least reliable evidence, and that's been known for quite some time. It's not always a case of a witness lying; sometimes they really are mistaken. Or, because of the seriousness of the crime (and considerable police pressure), they pick someone out of a lineup, trusting that if they picked the wrong person, the jury will fix it.

And, sometimes it's just a case of "they all look alike, it doesn't matter if I pick the wrong one, he's probably guilty of something anyway". I find that one especially repugnant.

Kat Kanning

plus, as we've found, cops almost always lie.

CJS

Quote from: Kat Kanning on February 06, 2010, 03:43 AM NHFT
plus, as we've found, cops almost always lie.

I was one of those that would never have believed that cops purger themselves so much till it happened to me in 1995 . After two of Chicago's finest lied under oath . If I didn't know the Judges bailiff  for 8 years I would most likely be sitting in prison for possessing a handgun .. not using it in an act of violence against anyone .. just having it on my person .

I need to find something else to think about .. I was having a nice day .

Peacemaker

I somehow missed this news and this is the first I've heard of it.  It's shocking and extremely hard to believe.

I've spoken with Tim many times over the past year at sociols at it doesn't add up that he would ever do this.

With the present extremely dishonest system in place, it's extremely diifficult to trust anything they say and do. 

It sounds like there's been a number of people who wanted to "get" Tim for sometime and knowing his personality as I do, and as unusual as it sounds,  I can see how Tim would plead guilty in order to give the ones who been wanting to hurt him, their day, and get them off his back (it just fits his personality).

Bottomline, if you trust Government, you need to think again, because they commit more crimes on a daily basis, than anyone else ever could.