• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Bad news for RecumbentRecycler!

Started by jaqeboy, December 01, 2009, 10:37 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

jaqeboy

Tim Logsdon was sentenced to 10 years in prison this afternoon, eligible for parole in 6.5 years, according to his brother Tom.

Tom will let us know what Tim's mailing address is as soon as he knows. I've helped clear out his apartment for the last few days and gotten to know his family. Obviously, they are all in shock. Tom reports that Tim's lawyer said that the judge, who is a woman newly assigned to his case, was unusually harsh.

Tim had agreed to a plea bargain to save his wife and children the strain of a trial. His lawyer had advised him that he would get more time if he forced it to trial and he lost.

I don't know what else to say at this point - I'm a little numb from the experience.

John

KBCraig

:o :o :o

So he agreed to plead guilty without any assurances about the sentence? Wow, his lawyer led him into a bear trap there!

error

Never, never, NEVER plead guilty. Sheesh.

Puke

Friday

Quote from: jaqeboy on December 01, 2009, 10:37 PM NHFT
Tim Logsdon was sentenced to 10 years in prison this afternoon, eligible for parole in 6.5 years, according to his brother Tom.

:o  Maybe this was covered on another thread, but... sentenced for what?

Kat Kanning

Kat Kanning

Receiving stolen property?
http://nhunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=18119.0
It sounds like all this was started by his wife getting a protection order.  He's so nice he wanted to protect his wife?

ny2nh

The other thread says the charges were for receiving stolen property (2 gun frames that were taken at the time of the initial protective order that his wife filed for).

10 years for receiving stolen property? OK, even coming from me that seems unbelievably extreme. And that was with the plea bargain?

Kat Kanning

I've met child molesters and Tim never seemed like one....and believe me, I'm hyper sensitive to the signs.

People told Russell he should have fought his ex in court over custody and stuff. THIS kind of thing is why he didn't.  They can just make up shit.

ny2nh

Quote from: Kat Kanning on December 02, 2009, 07:20 AM NHFT
I've met child molesters and Tim never seemed like one....and believe me, I'm hyper sensitive to the signs.

People told Russell he should have fought his ex in court over custody and stuff. THIS kind of thing is why he didn't.  They can just make up shit.

No comment.

Lloyd Danforth

If he didn't do it, he should have never 'copped' to it, even if it meant dragging the wife and kids to court.

Kat Kanning

LordBaltimore

QuoteIn a negotiated plea deal that reduced a possible sentence of 25 years to life, Logsdon admitted to touching his daughter's genitals and telling her to keep it a secret in exchange for promises of chocolates. The abuse began in July 2006 when the daughter was three and continued for two years, prosecutors said in Strafford County Superior Court.

Logsdon, 34, formerly of High Street, pleaded guilty to one charge of aggravated felonious sexual assault.

He pled guilty to a very explicit crime, for crap's sake.

But I guess in your minds he's an innocent victim since he didn't steal your power company bill money or something unforgivable like that.