• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Bad news for RecumbentRecycler!

Started by jaqeboy, December 01, 2009, 10:37 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

Quote from: jaqeboy on December 07, 2009, 09:45 AM NHFTA very bad scene to be in, and, after having been smeared by the newspaper coverage of the arrest and having that hanging over him, he was fired from his job and couldn't get another, hence couldn't afford anything more than the public defender.

It really appears that he was just grist for the mill of divorce weaponry and child welfare hysteria. It was a machine that didn't really care if he did it or not, but just presumed he was guilty and tried to crush him in every way it could between the cold, insensitive gears.

"Best legal system money can buy."
i can't imagine what it is like to be considered by the system as the worst sort of person .... so many people then believe it before you are even convicted by their rotten courts

it seems the best way to combat them is get your story out and not cooperate with them

i guess tim will now be starting all over

Sovereign Curtis

Quote from: Russell Kanning on December 08, 2009, 06:37 AM NHFT
i guess tim will now be starting all over

Shit! If ONLY that was an option. No, if/when Tim gets out, he wont be starting over at square one. He'll be dragging a dead weight, up hill, for the rest of his life. If he can get to square one, ever, it will be quite the accomplishment.

jaqeboy

Got a call from Tim from prison yesterday and he's doing okay, given the circumstances. He has some money in his commissary and phone accounts from the proceeds of his moving sale, so he's okay there for a month or so.

He has a few special requests and I'll post a more lengthy list later. First, of course, prisoners love mail and Tim would be cheered to hear from people who know him.

The mailing address can be shortened to:

Timothy Logsdon #84576
NHDOC
P.O. Box 14
Concord, New-Hampshire 03302-0014

He'd love a subscription to the New Hampshire Free Press, Kat, if you are still publishing a print edition.

I'll post more later...

jaqeboy

Tim is still in the quarantine stage and can't get visitors yet. He'll get assigned to an area in Concord or possibly get sent up to Berlin. He'll know his visiting days then and will report that out.

jaqeboy

I asked Tim if he got major hassles from the other prisoners because of the kind of crime he is in there for. He said the first day he got some hassles, but he got moved somewhere else and his neighbors there don't hassle him.

To add money to Tim's phone account, you go to www.icsdeposits.com (I haven't checked that out yet).

He couldn't stay on too long when he called because he had to make another call. He says he is only allowed out of his cell for an hour a day...

If you write to Tim, be sure to send him some interesting articles to read. He won't have internet access - maybe not for the whole duration of his incarceration. He is allowed 10 pages with each letter, so you should write front and back and fill up the envelope with interesting info that is also front and back. I'm sure he'll be interested in doing a lot of reading. He'll have nothing but time on his hands.

Kat Kanning

Quote from: jaqeboy on December 11, 2009, 08:41 AM NHFT
He'd love a subscription to the New Hampshire Free Press, Kat, if you are still publishing a print edition.

That was my purpose in asking for his address :)  We're doing a print edition first of January.

jaqeboy

Quote from: Kat Kanning on December 12, 2009, 07:05 AM NHFT
Quote from: jaqeboy on December 11, 2009, 08:41 AM NHFT

That was my purpose in asking for his address :)  We're doing a print edition first of January.

Good. Individuals can't mail him a book or magazine, but you can subscribe him to a magazine or order him a book, and, as long as it's mailed in from a publisher, I believe it's okay.

jaqeboy

Christmas is just a week away - That must be a really bad time to be in prison, especially since Tim may still be in quarantine.

I think this would be a good time to send Tim a Christmas (or other seasonal) card. Reminder on his address:

Timothy Logsdon #84576
NHDOC
P.O. Box 14

Dave Ridley

One thought regarding the public defender in this case, Claire Adams:  She seemed at least somewhat diligent to me because she wrote me an e-mail requesting a character letter, and Cathleen....maybe many others.   She also was quick to respond to my questions...

I've heard some relative good things about the NHPD's  and the way their operations are set up.   That's about all I know for sure except how tim comported himself around us.   

KBCraig

Speaking of the kinds of outrageous false convictions that might prompt someone to plead guilty, I just bought Witch Hunt on iTunes and watched it last night.

http://www.witchhuntmovie.com/

>:(

jaqeboy

Dave, were you talking to the PD as a reporter? or as a character witness for Tim?

Also, are you sure that was the PD for the child sexual abuse case? I recall him mentioning the lawyers name as a guy. Maybe Claire Adams represented him in the gun case... Just curious.

Quote from: DadaOrwell on December 19, 2009, 12:55 AM NHFT

One thought regarding the public defender in this case, Claire Adams:  She seemed at least somewhat diligent to me because she wrote me an e-mail requesting a character letter, and Cathleen....maybe many others.   She also was quick to respond to my questions...

I've heard some relative good things about the NHPD's  and the way their operations are set up.   That's about all I know for sure except how tim comported himself around us.

jaqeboy

Christmas is just 5 days away - That must be a really bad time to be in prison, especially since Tim may still be in quarantine.

I think this would be a good time to send Tim a Christmas (or other seasonal) card (Tim is Southern Baptist).

The way I look at it, what would I hope people on the outside would do for me if I was in his situation? Letters bring something new and bright into the prisoner's drab and often quite boring world and let him know that he mattered, was noticed, was heard, was appreciated when he was on the outside among us. In case you want to shy away because of what he was accused of, remember that he has protested his innocence and just did not have the resources to "prove his innocence."

Reminder on his address:

Timothy Logsdon #84576
NHDOC
P.O. Box 14

lildog

Quote from: KBCraig on December 19, 2009, 10:01 AM NHFT
Speaking of the kinds of outrageous false convictions that might prompt someone to plead guilty, I just bought Witch Hunt on iTunes and watched it last night.

KB, Interesting movie, I will definitely check it out.

Having seen it already perhaps you can answer one question I had from reading the information on the website about it, how many of those who were wrongly convicted pledge guilty vs were found guilty?  The review sounds like the cases they discuss were all people who fought and were convicted anyway.

KBCraig

Quote from: lildog on December 21, 2009, 10:32 AM NHFT
Quote from: KBCraig on December 19, 2009, 10:01 AM NHFT

KB, Interesting movie, I will definitely check it out.

Having seen it already perhaps you can answer one question I had from reading the information on the website about it, how many of those who were wrongly convicted pledge guilty vs were found guilty?  The review sounds like the cases they discuss were all people who fought and were convicted anyway.

Yes, they were all innocent people who believed in the system to acquit them because they were innocent.

That was over 20 years ago, and people in general (and liberty activists in particular) are much more jaded about the "justice" system.

MTPorcupine3

So the film is a project of the California Innocence Project. Is there an analogous New Hampshire Innocence Project?