• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

George Bush Trial

Started by Kat Kanning, October 06, 2005, 09:03 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

;D :D :) :( ??? what are guys smiling about?

Dave Ridley

this is a great idea!   give me some ideas how i can help....tho i cant do em all.

mike tell us more about the commie trial of the nazis in the 30s in england, as a model...

Dave Ridley

should we torch a burning effigy of the guy?

only problem i see is that this anti bush type stuff tends to be seen as being against the things he does which are right... i mean he cuts taxes, lets the assault wep ban expire, stuff like that is what so many people are against and this gives the impression that lots of people are against tax cuts and assault weps.    oh well....if it draws attention that's what's most important.

president

Quote from: DadaOrwell on October 10, 2005, 12:20 PM NHFT
i mean he cuts taxes, lets the assault wep ban expire, stuff like that is what so many people are against and this gives the impression that lots of people are against tax cuts and assault weps.
Nigga please.......

A tax cut means nothing when he increases spending......

He said he would have signed a new assault wep. ban if it came across his desk. How can you give him credit for letting it expire?

president

Quote from: katdillon on October 07, 2005, 07:11 AM NHFT
So I was thinking that part of the trial could be over the Patriot Act...he could be tried for not upholding the constitution, as he swore to do.
Whoa nelly!

Didn't you support Benson, who supported the Patriot Act?
Wasn't Benson the co-chair of the Bush re-election campaign in NH?
Don't you still wear your Benson shirt?

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politicselections/nation/president/2004-05-26-gop-governors_x.htm
Govs. Craig Benson of New Hampshire,... said the Patriot Act has been effective in allowing authorities to share information to help protect against terrorist attacks in this country

Russell Kanning

I don't see any good things from Bush. We would not be accusing him of lowering taxes against our will.
Right now I see him as the worst government offender ..... so we go after him first.
Maybe you can be the defense lawyer or can testify on his behalf.

president

Quote from: russellkanning on October 10, 2005, 02:22 PM NHFT
I don't see any good things from Bush.
Put your rose colored glasses on. Things will look better.

Quote from: russellkanning on October 10, 2005, 02:22 PM NHFT
Right now I see him as the worst government offender ..... so we go after him first.
Maybe you can be the defense lawyer or can testify on his behalf.
Tim Condon would disagree with you.
Why Most Libertarians SHould Vote for Bush

Maybe Tim can be the defense lawyer, or can testify on his behalf.

To quote you:
Give us the crazy Tim Condons of the world

You can have Tim. You can have W too.

Caleb

QuoteCaleb, would your Democrat friends want to join us?

I can ask around at the protest rally.  Another thing maybe I can do is go to the college and post flyers.  There and at the coffee houses.   I actually have two ideas for the trial.

One, I think we should call it a "common law Grand Jury" collected by concerned citizens and send the results, if Mr. Bush is convicted, along with an offical indictment to the Congress formally asking that impeachment proceedings be issued.  If we're going to be contentious, lets go all the way.

Second, I have an idea for the public access television spot.  I remember seeing this movie called "12 Angry Men".  Basically, the whole movie was set inside the jury room as they deliberated.  I think jury deliberations are interesting, because you are getting the COMMENTARY on the evidence, along with the raw evidence.  You can show emotion; hell, maybe I'll write a screenplay from the evidence against George Bush myself.  I think that sort of presentation would be a really effective way of showing it on public access.  Maybe a little more interesting than just a pure trial.

Caleb

moosilauke

Kick that anti-freedom dork out! Well, 500 people out of 1001 think so, and me too!

http://www.fmnn.com/WorldNews.asp?nid=1307
http://www.fmnn.com/WorldNews.asp?nid=1306
http://www.fmnn.com/WorldNews.asp?nid=1297

I say kick him out, but unfortunately, another uber-authoritarian will replace him. Maybe the next one won't be as bad as this kook. Maybe my news source influences me:)

Russell Kanning

Quote from: calibaba77 on October 11, 2005, 06:14 PM NHFT
I actually have two ideas for the trial.
I really like both of those ideas.

Caleb

I used the protest this morning to build up support for the trial of Dubya.  Found near universal support, but I didn't really know what to ask people to do.  So I told everyone I would keep them posted.  Also, Reverend Paul (who works at the college) told me that he would get a list together of the various political groups on campus.  If one of them co-sponsors the event, we would be able to advertise in the KSC paper for next to nothing.

So ... what sort of help do we need?  It doesn't do a lot of good to ask for help if we don't know what help we need.  What jobs are needed, and how many of those jobs are already being filled by freestaters?  How many "jobs" are needed to be filled?  I think we'll have plenty of support, but we need to know what we want help with.

Caleb

Kat Kanning

People to:

Write up charges against him
Act as judge
Act as jurors (random selection if we really want to try him)
Witnesses  (Someone who's lost a loved one in the war?  Someone effected by the Patriot Act?)

Film proceedings
Publicize event
Set up location

Anything else?

Kat Kanning

I can write up the charges.  I wonder if Reverand Paul would like to act as the judge?  I don't have any other volunteers chomping at the bit, as far as I know.

Russell Kanning

Wouldn't it be fun to send jury requests in the mail in Keene or just at the college. It would be like a jury summons, but it would be purely voluntary. We could use it as advertising and recruitment. 8)

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: russellkanning on October 16, 2005, 10:56 AM NHFT
Wouldn't it be fun to send jury requests in the mail in Keene or just at the college. It would be like a jury summons, but it would be purely voluntary. We could use it as advertising and recruitment. 8)

That's a pretty damn good idea Russell. >:D

Talk about lighting brush fires... Russell is handing out matches.