• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Free State UN Flag Burn December 18th 2005 noon

Started by Russell Kanning, October 07, 2005, 06:28 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Danforth

There are, probably, contradicting state and local rules about everything ;)

Russell Kanning

Talked to a talk show in SC today http://www.unauthorizedaccess.net/ ..... that was fun. They already knew about the twisted gun at the UN. They heard about us from strike-the-root and thought it was a fun idea.

John

Quote from: katdillon on December 10, 2005, 07:00 AM NHFT
Right now they're predicting rain/snow for the 18th, for whatever that's worth.?

It's worth a lot.
I'm thinking maybe I'll bring my snow-shoes and a rain coat.   :D

John

Quote from: katdillon on December 10, 2005, 07:00 AM NHFT
Isn't there some technicality in NH  . . .

Um, I think it's called "Live Free or Die Trying."    ;D

Russell Kanning

An open fire or just a weenie roast
or
Burn for the sake of burning or to roast hot dogs

Melting marshmellows is not the worst of evils

Where does the "Live free or die" motto fit in with a parks director that doesn't allow "burning for the sake of burning" in our parks?

Lloyd .... you better bring the thin-tined fork for weenie roasting ..... my potatoe fork would split em too wide.....it is a crude instrument.
....actually we will bring some of those long-handled roasting sticks.

Kat Kanning

Keene Parks & Recreation Dept
(603) 357-9829     
312 Washington St
Keene, NH Map

Same building as the Rec. Center that denied Maynard for no reason.

Russell Kanning

citizen_142002

One does not need a permit to burn when there is snow cover, but that might not apply in an urban zone.
It might be a good idea to contact the fire department, just to let them know that there will be a burn going on. From the way that I read the state law posted a couple pages ago, nothing is said about the purpose of the fires, so long as they are in the designated pits. I don't imagine that everyone who does use the pits for cooking gets the permission of the director of Parks and Rec. I say that we ignore the parks folks this year, and simply notify the fire department.
If this is going to be a problem next year, someone ought to seek an injunction against the city.

Russell Kanning

The fire department is the one that doesn't like us for some reason. They notified the parks department that we would need a permit.

When you have a picnic in the park in the middle of the dry hot summer, you don't ask for permission from the fire department. Why would you in December?

Michael Fisher

Quote from: russellkanning on December 11, 2005, 08:19 PM NHFT
The fire department is the one that doesn't like us for some reason. They notified the parks department that we would need a permit.

When you have a picnic in the park in the middle of the dry hot summer, you don't ask for permission from the fire department. Why would you in December?

Remember Lauren's arrest?  The town manager blamed the fire chief for closing off the meeting, but the fire chief said the town manager actually asked him about it first.

The parks department probably asked the fire department to advise against your burn.

BaRbArIaN

Who's to say what you light up your BBQ pit with?  You can print a UN flag on paper, makes a great briquette starter!

Tom Sawyer

Keene weather forecast :)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Russell Kanning

Kat Kanning

Tom Sawyer

Psst...

Russell and Kat... we got some good interview footage at the Park dudes office.

Things are getting interesting. :)

We are planning on getting there a little early and getting a nice bed of coals going to cook some sausages over. Wouldn't it be fun to cook sausages on a pitch fork. I think thats what I'm going to do!