• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Free State UN Flag Burn December 18th 2005 noon

Started by Russell Kanning, October 07, 2005, 06:28 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: katdillon on January 06, 2006, 05:29 AM NHFT
Woohoo!? The UN Flag Burn Video is awesome!

http://nhfree.politicalgraffiti.com/second_annual_UN_Flag_Burn.htm

First... I'd like to thank the Academy for honoring me with this award...? ;D

+++++++++++
All kidding aside.
+++++++++++

Thanks for the applause... :)

It makes me happy to see I pretty much hit the mark. Your comments (in your PM) show that you got what I thought I wanted to communicate. Although I wasn't able to quite convey that the burn permit issue never came to pass.

The Park dude was pretty slippery and never really was exactly pinned down with good short 'sound bites'.

The feedback is greatly appreciated, because after viewing the footage over and over during the editing process I can tend to become too close to the work and not entirely objective anymore. I would like to encourage other viewers on the forum to talk about what they like and what they thought we could do better for the benefit of our future projects.

I'm interested in fostering our understanding of this visual language and improving the execution of these events. The saying that "...a picture says a thousand words." is only part of it. The other part, I've come to believe, is if you don't capture and exploit the images, sounds and ultimately the emotions it's almost like it didn't really happen.

>:D
Help the 'viral video' spread...

"Feel the funk ya'll... let it flow!"

Russell Kanning

I liked that it took 5 seconds to download it.

Next time we can interview the bureaucrats with the intention of using it for a video. :)

Do the bureaucrash guys know about these videos? Seems right up their alley.

Ron Helwig

Loved it, except for the need to install iTunes in order to watch it.  >:(

A google search shows a lot of free conversion tools (although most appear to be for Windows)

A google search on "convert mov to mpeg macintosh" shows some possibilities:

Russell Kanning

Totem worked for me.... until it kept crashing ..... old computer. :)
Ron you missed out. Although the parks guy wouldn't have wanted your dog in the park.....too much fun.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: russellkanning on January 06, 2006, 09:33 AM NHFT

Next time we can interview the bureaucrats with the intention of using it for a video. :)

Almost 2 hours on dialup! ?Haven't had a chance to view it yet.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: russellkanning on January 06, 2006, 09:33 AM NHFT

Ahhh... you bastards with your high speed connections!!! I'm out here working with two tin cans and a string... it took me ages to upload the file. I was worried that 17 Mb was too big a file size. :)

As for interviewing the bureaucrat you did remarkably well... your smiling and laughing demeanor sets the right tone. :)
It was fun to push the system back a little, and to see how accessible they can be. The Keene Free Press angle certainly helped.;D I don't think Park dude didn't quite knew what hit him.

I'll be letting the bureaucrash folks know about it. There has been good feedback regarding the SS Card Burn and the PorcFest videos.
The chance of future involvement from the younger crowd that they represent is good.

Anyone that can... please announce the video on other forums... it can look a little pitiful for me to do the PR on my own work. :-[

http://nhfree.politicalgraffiti.com/second_annual_UN_Flag_Burn.htm

Dreepa

I can do some pimping for you.

Are you going to post it in any formats besides quicktime?

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: rhelwig on January 06, 2006, 09:40 AM NHFT
Loved it, except for the need to install iTunes in order to watch it.? >:(

A google search shows a lot of free conversion tools (although most appear to be for Windows)

A google search on "convert mov to mpeg macintosh" shows some possibilities:

I can output to different formats to offer people. If I just converted the .mov to another format it will really trash what little image quality is there.

This is an mp4 type compression which is pretty damn good. I need to get you folks to help me test other format's compatibilities on the different operating systems. Windows Media Player kind of makes it difficult because they seem to want to not be compatible to keep dominance. (Not to start a OS pissing contest)

Thanks for your feedback. :)

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Dreepa on January 06, 2006, 09:54 AM NHFT
I can do some pimping for you.

Are you going to post it in any formats besides quicktime?

Probably not on this show... I need to get to the backlog of other work that I tend to neglect when doing this fun stuff. I can't tie up my machine uploading and messing around with trying different formats etc.

A .mp4 file would be a nice option... only a tiny bit larger file size but I'm not sure how much more universally compatible that would be. I'm still learning about the compressed video world. It is tough for me to see the hit in quality that it produces... don't get me wrong it actually is pretty amazing how well the image holds up taking gigabytes worth of data and stuffing down to 17 Mb... but I love full resolution... hell I'm wishing I was working in HD video for this stuff.  Ahhh... HD... that would be nice!

Snap out of it Roger and get back to paying the bills! :'(

Sorry have to go... talk to ya'll later. :)

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: Roger Grant on January 06, 2006, 09:51 AM NHFT
Ahhh... you bastards with your high speed connections!!! I'm out here working with two tin cans and a string... it took me ages to upload the file. I was worried that 17 Mb was too big a file size. :)

That was a very good video. ?The best yet. ?It uploaded at 599 which took me around 20 sec. ?Roger, is there anyway you could release a higher quality version? ?I'd like to burn this video and a few others to 100 blank DVDs that a recently bought. ?

Lloyd Danforth

Just watched it.  Really Great!  Has anyone sent a copy to the park guy? >:D

Lex

Quote from: russellkanning on January 06, 2006, 09:47 AM NHFT
Totem worked for me.... until it kept crashing ..... old computer. :)

Totem worked for me too. Great video! Wish I could see more of the interview with the park guy.

Kat Kanning

If someone wants another format, can't they download it and convert it for everyone?

Russell said he was going to send the video to the parks guy.

eukreign, if you really want the whole interview, PM me your mailing address and I'll send the raw video on DVD.

Lex

Quote from: katdillon on January 06, 2006, 01:20 PM NHFT
eukreign, if you really want the whole interview, PM me your mailing address and I'll send the raw video on DVD.

Sounds like too much trouble. I don't NEED it :-)

Was just wondering if I could download it from somewhere, if not that's ok.