• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

PorcFest Agorist Cooperative!

Started by Sovereign Curtis, December 17, 2009, 01:59 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Sovereign Curtis

Potential PFAC logos - Opinions?

Thanks to ThorsMiterSaw

ORIGINAL MESSAGE

Hello all. I would like to form the PorcFest Agorist Co-operative, or PFAC.

As I envision it, PFAC members would be visible, similar to PorcFest volunteers.

PFAC members would be available to answer questions, direct potential customers, and conduct free market transactions, on behalf of themselves, or as an intermediary.

Perceived advantages to a loose co-operative include: Being aware of most available free market opportunities, rather than just your own. Increase sales in your own particular line, from an increase in visibility (without screaming "I'm breaking the law!"), and "word of mouth" driven sales leads from other OMBA's. A loose Agorist network! Potential referral income. Etc etc.

So how bout it, folks?

I'm thinking we can make some shirts, or use some other identifier, which we'll wait until PF to reveal.
We can also discuss the various ins and outs of a loose co-operative.

Laissez Faire!

http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?topic=19708.0
http://forum.freekeene.com/index.php?topic=2131.0

Mike Barskey

I like it, and PorcFest is a great place to test/start it. Many liberty-oriented people will be there, eager to buy products and services from fellow porcupines; and many others will be there wanting to earn a living, freely. It's a fantastic opportunity to network amongst agorists (or anyone labeling themselves any way that are engaging in government-excluded trading).

In addition to T-shirts (so people can spot an OMBA member and ask questions), maybe we could also have a directory or people and the products/services they offer, where they can be located at PorcFest, how to contact them outside of PorcFest, their website, etc.

Sovereign Curtis

Quote from: Mike Barskey on December 17, 2009, 02:34 PM NHFT
In addition to T-shirts (so people can spot an OMBA member and ask questions), maybe we could also have a directory or people and the products/services they offer, where they can be located at PorcFest, how to contact them outside of PorcFest, their website, etc.

Interesting idea. Assuming there are enough members who would like to participate in such, I dont see why it cant happen. Obviously a decent percentage of members and products/services offered, would probably not opt in. There are plenty of other pros and cons, I'd say it merits discussion.

So you're interested in being an OMBA?

K. Darien Freeheart

I'm in, and can think of 2 more folks not on these forums that likely would too. By Porcfest we should have a nice assortment of products.

George Donnelly

jaqeboy

Great idea, Curtis!

QuoteSlowly but steadily we will move to the free society turning more counter-economists onto libertarianism and more libertarians onto counter-economics, finally integrating theory and practice. The counter-economy will grow and spread to the next step we saw in our trip backward, with an ever-larger agorist sub-society embedded in the statist society.
from New Libertarian Manifesto.

And, in the New Libertarian Strategy section of NLM:
QuoteUnder all circumstances, one recruits and educates. Given typically confused individual acquaintances who consider a counter-economic act, encourage them to do it. If they are intelligent enough and not likely to turn on you, explain risks involved and return expected. Most of all, educate them by your example to the extent you can let them know.

Quote from: Mike Barskey on December 17, 2009, 02:34 PM NHFT
...maybe we could also have a directory or people and the products/services they offer, where they can be located at PorcFest, how to contact them outside of PorcFest, their website, etc.

But a directory might be a bad idea, sadly, since free markets now are suppressed. It's usually a one-on-one kind of recruiting, of necessity.

George Donnelly

A directory could be done in a very unconventional and rather secure fashion. For example, individual entries could be separately encrypted and the individual seller would have to give you access (ie trust you) before you could see it. Hence, you could only see the listings of folks who already trusted you, the buyer, or didn't care if they world knows they're selling organic untaxed eggs.

Also, something mainstream like facebook can be leveraged to hide the data in the middle of something unrelated. A facebook app could be made and it could be made to look like a harmless gov-fearing barter network of harmless, taxed or non-gov-taxed items.

There are many options I think for doing business agoristically right under their noses.

Mike Barskey

I'm confused. Are we talking about not wanting a directory to ensure people we don't know can't learn that we're agorists, and walking around wearing T-shirts that says we're agorists?

Sovereign Curtis

Quote from: Mike Barskey on December 18, 2009, 08:44 AM NHFT
I'm confused. Are we talking about not wanting a directory to ensure people we don't know can't learn that we're agorists, and walking around wearing T-shirts that says we're agorists?

There is a major difference between advertising online, and advertising at PorcFest.

Sam A. Robrin

Someone left a copy of Abbie Hoffman's Steal This Book at my house some months back, and reading it gave me the idea for a similar (on-line) volume that could similarly advise pocupine types how to acclimate comfortably and live off the grid in New Hampshire.  Advice on moving (with frequently edited sections on the lowest prices and quality of methods, say), on finding work and housing, meeting activists, etc.  Malataur expressed some interest, but I haven't heard from him lately.  If others would like to get going on something like that, I have the editing skills to contribute.

Sovereign Curtis

Quote from: Sam A. Robrin on December 18, 2009, 10:16 AM NHFT
Someone left a copy of Abbie Hoffman's Steal This Book at my house some months back, and reading it gave me the idea for a similar (on-line) volume that could similarly advise pocupine types how to acclimate comfortably and live off the grid in New Hampshire.  Advice on moving (with frequently edited sections on the lowest prices and quality of methods, say), on finding work and housing, meeting activists, etc.  Malataur expressed some interest, but I haven't heard from him lately.  If others would like to get going on something like that, I have the editing skills to contribute.

You might want to start a separate thread for this, as it seems to be a separate project altogether.

jaqeboy

Quote from: Mike Barskey on December 18, 2009, 08:44 AM NHFT

Agorism is a political theory that advocates counter-economic activity as the quickest and most moral path to a free society. So, you might want to wear a T-shirt advertizing your political philosophy because you want to proselytize. If you're actively involved in the counter-economy, you might not want to advertise that publicly in a directory, but you might want your allies to help vet prospective clients before referral to you.

K. Darien Freeheart

I'm an Agorist. I understand the philosophy and the goals, the risk-value relationship, et cetera.

I'm also a friggin iconoclast.

I will be a member of the group, whatever it's called. I will produce black and grey market items and offer grey and black market services. I consider "a prospective buyer" to be a good opportunity to expose them to Agorism.

So... First and foremost, I offer proxy service. If someone is interested in performing a "darker market" transaction but doesn't want their identity exposed, I'll provide the middleman.

I'll toss out these two caveats though. 1.) I will only sell guns to folks I know personally. So buy me a beer or offer me a hit from the keg first. My drinking buddies are my best friends.

2.) I will only sell restricted or prohibited drugs to people I know personally. For further instructions, please see #1.

Sovereign Curtis

Quote from: Kevin Dean on December 19, 2009, 12:59 AM NHFT
So... First and foremost, I offer proxy service. If someone is interested in performing a "darker market" transaction but doesn't want their identity exposed, I'll provide the middleman.

FUCK YEA! Kevin is an OMBA! (I think Oompa Loompa when I see that acronym...)

hhhmmm, maybe I should focus on the Merry Band of Agorists part, and not so much the acronym. Members could be named for characters in Robin Hood. For example, I think Kevin would make a great "Little John" :)

Sovereign Curtis

From Diann of The Domes:

QuoteGreetings.

I am implementing an installation within PorcFest 2010; utilizing concepts similar to a Coffee House and Flea Market.

My hopes are to expand the community and network a more diverse group of people who share many common ideals.

The Goals:
a.) Connect/Network
b.) Expand our business and ideas
c.) Rage It

The "Coffee House" aspect is the entertainment.
I plan on having a variety of performances.
Dance, Poetry, Music, Comedy, Fun Auctions, etc.
...And if you/others have any ideas, I'd like to hear them.

The "Flea Market" is looking for independent vendors with things like
food, art, jewelry, instruments, equipment, music, precious metals, gems, machines... whatever it is you sell.
...skills and labor?
...anything that can be bought, sold, or traded.

The idea is to create a free-market, independent from fiat currencies;
utilizing the resources and skills we have to obtain our needs.
Business remains within our communities/networks;
establishing/keeping ties strong especially in times of need.

I'm also open to having a couple tables with some worthy organizations.

The dates for the festival itself:
Thursday, June 24, 2010 at 6:00 am
until
Sunday, June 27, 2010 at 9:00 pm
Lancaster, NH

Please consider. Keep the date.

-------------------------------------------

This is part of the Seventh Annual PorcFest

Do you have some entertaining to do, entertainers to bring, skills, business, free time, or want to simply get down with fun productive people in a beautiful place?

I will supply you with more details upon contact/request.

Thanks and Hopes of your participation,
Diann

: )