• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

PorcFest Agorist Cooperative!

Started by Sovereign Curtis, December 17, 2009, 01:59 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

jaqeboy

I wonder if Diann's flea marketeers will accept Expo Hours:

jaqeboy

Thanks for the great slogan idea, Curtis!
See attached flyer, print out, hand out, repost.

Call to Gather, Agorists from all over

Next Saturday, 9 January 2010, 13:30
Red Apple Buffet, Loudon Road, Concord

William Lee

The pic is good, but the text is difficult to read.

jaqeboy

I think it prints out better than it reads on-screen
Try printing out one.

jaqeboy

A total tip o' the hat to Curtis for getting active and creating an agorist project that he's promoting here.

A total apology for swiping his cute marketing line "Agorists Unite". I was talking to another agorist on Jan 1st and we said "look, there are all these self-identifying agorists here now amongst the FSP movers, let's try to get everyone together for a big chat session, eh? (She's Canadian). Let's create a little flyer to hand out at the other meetings and let's hold it at a central location in the state, because there are agorists on the seacoast and up north, too, so how about right after the Concord Porcs meeting next Saturday. OK, what should it say? How about 'Agorists Unite'? That sounds cool and that guy SovCurtis used that the other day. Sure, OK, go with that. Print something up quick to hand out to the Merrimack Valley Porcs on Jan 2." OK, and away we went, with a last minute run to Kinko's before the MVP meeting. (probably an 18 hour cycle time from start to finish).

So, disclaimer here: My use of the slogan "Agorists Unite" was in no way an intention to usurp SovCurtis' project, and a bad choice for the flyer. Sorry, Curtis. I'll think of something else and re-do the flyer, but several have been released already. Hmm.

We ARE looking for input on how an agorist meeting should be "organized", since I don't really think it should be top-down hierarchical, like a party meeting, with Robert's Rules, and all. If anyone's got ideas, let's move it over to the other thread about the Call to Gather and I'll try to take the Agorists Unite out of the title.

You da man, Curtis!

Quote from: jaqeboy on January 03, 2010, 03:49 PM NHFT
Thanks for the great slogan idea, Curtis!
See attached flyer, print out, hand out, repost.

Call to Gather, Agorists from all over

Next Saturday, 9 January 2010, 13:30
Red Apple Buffet, Loudon Road, Concord

Sovereign Curtis

Thanks Jack. As you mentioned, I was concerned (and contacted you about my concerns privately) that through timing, wording, etc, it appeared as though my idea and the efforts I'd already put into the idea, were being taken over. I was truly concerned about this, as the PFAC idea was not put out there as a "Hey, I have an idea, anyone want to run with this?" kind of idea, but rather as an "I'd like to..." type of idea.

This got me all to thinking about intellectual property with regards to liberty activism in NH, and I guess I drew the line as you see outlined above. IMO in a polite, voluntary society, this is how I would expect to resolve this issue before it becomes an issue. I suppose you could call it the homesteading principle (geez, I go more left everyday, :P)

So I'm sorry for the confusion, Jack. I never meant it to become some public forum drama, I do not lay sole claim to "Agorists Unite",  and I see my karma rating has suffered :) Oh well.

But it was worth it for the little mental exercise regarding my thoughts on ownership (stewardship?)

Sovereign Curtis

Aloha Agorists/Ancaps/FreeMarketeers/Etc.

Carla will be convening a PorcFest planning meeting at the upcoming Taproom Tuesday @ Murphy's Taproom, so

I will be taking this opportunity to hold an impromptu meeting of the PorcFest Agorist Co-Operative, after.

So, to all those interested, the first (informal) meeting of the PorcFest Agorist Co-Operative will be this coming Tuesday at Murphy's Taproom, following the meeting of the PorcFest planning committee.

I encourage all those interested to attend, and if you cant, but are still interested in participating,
please offer up suggestions for an online place/site/etc for planning and info sharing, that is at least somewhat private/secure, so everyone can stay informed without having to inform the world.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=250412544087

AvalonGypsy

I was hoping to get to Murphy's tonight for the Agorist meeting at least, but the snow kept falling and wimped me out. An agora at Porcfest is an excellent idea - count me in! Will you be meeting again anytime soon?

microtone

Greetings all, sorry i missed you all on the 9th and the Apple Buffet, woke up that morning, with a touch of that stomach bug. But, i'll really really try next month.

Is there a mailing list for the PORCFEST or persons to contact ?

Hi, SOVEREIGN CURTIS, nice picture of you with Ron Paul. I had to check out some of Konkin's books, first, before I sprouted off. As, I'm new to the boards, and I probably don't know anybody here personally even though I registered libertarian back in the 80's (before the tweedle dumb and tweedle dumber parties got together to squeeze out an alternative to the same old s___). So let me know if I'm out of line or in the wrong spot.

What I've seen and heard around the heart of the people's republic of new hampshire is not very encouraging, people are leaving in search of work.  Basically, the USS TITANIC is taking on water, and while a few of the sheeple are having second thoughts, an awful lot of people are sitting around waiting for BIG BROTHER to paper the way out of the mess.

I've read that the State of Illinois is 'defacto' bankrupt, and while not totally defaulting on it's bills and bond payments, it just might as well. California too. About 10 states have earned the dubious distinction of verging on 'junk bond status'...

So going by what I read in Faal's PICKING UP THE PIECES and Stud Terkel's HARD TIMES, I'm pretty sure it's probably a good time to suggest a CONTINUOUS ONGOING AGORIST RECYCLING FLEAMARKET...

Why wait for godot ?

From a practical standpoint, I have a digital electronics degree and can sort of fix computers and would be willing to collect any laptops or desktops over 2gh and lcd monitors for reuse. Does anyone have ideas on how some sort of Trading Post might work ?

I'm also sure a lot of folk have wood shops, it would be a bitch, but for someone with sales experience and hustle, such a collective could be productive.

Maybe to a lesser extent, gas guzzlers, but I wouldn't be surprised if in a few years if we see 4 cylinder taxi-trucks going down the road with 20 passengers like in the 3rd world.

thanks all for your time and enjoy the coming shift.  best, Buzz

K. Darien Freeheart

I walked up to the Agorist meeting on Tuesday in time to hear "Alright, we're done".

Crap!  :-\

Sovereign Curtis

Quote from: AvalonGypsy on January 19, 2010, 07:10 PM NHFT
I was hoping to get to Murphy's tonight for the Agorist meeting at least, but the snow kept falling and wimped me out. An agora at Porcfest is an excellent idea - count me in! Will you be meeting again anytime soon?

Absolutely, just need to find a better venue and a better time.

Quote from: microtone on January 20, 2010, 11:41 PM NHFT
Greetings all, sorry i missed you all on the 9th and the Apple Buffet, woke up that morning, with a touch of that stomach bug. But, i'll really really try next month.

Is there a mailing list for the PORCFEST or persons to contact ?

Hi, SOVEREIGN CURTIS, nice picture of you with Ron Paul. I had to check out some of Konkin's books, first, before I sprouted off. As, I'm new to the boards, and I probably don't know anybody here personally even though I registered libertarian back in the 80's (before the tweedle dumb and tweedle dumber parties got together to squeeze out an alternative to the same old s___). So let me know if I'm out of line or in the wrong spot.

What I've seen and heard around the heart of the people's republic of new hampshire is not very encouraging, people are leaving in search of work.  Basically, the USS TITANIC is taking on water, and while a few of the sheeple are having second thoughts, an awful lot of people are sitting around waiting for BIG BROTHER to paper the way out of the mess.

I've read that the State of Illinois is 'defacto' bankrupt, and while not totally defaulting on it's bills and bond payments, it just might as well. California too. About 10 states have earned the dubious distinction of verging on 'junk bond status'...

So going by what I read in Faal's PICKING UP THE PIECES and Stud Terkel's HARD TIMES, I'm pretty sure it's probably a good time to suggest a CONTINUOUS ONGOING AGORIST RECYCLING FLEAMARKET...

Why wait for godot ?

From a practical standpoint, I have a digital electronics degree and can sort of fix computers and would be willing to collect any laptops or desktops over 2gh and lcd monitors for reuse. Does anyone have ideas on how some sort of Trading Post might work ?

I'm also sure a lot of folk have wood shops, it would be a bitch, but for someone with sales experience and hustle, such a collective could be productive.

Maybe to a lesser extent, gas guzzlers, but I wouldn't be surprised if in a few years if we see 4 cylinder taxi-trucks going down the road with 20 passengers like in the 3rd world.

thanks all for your time and enjoy the coming shift.  best, Buzz

Hello microtone. Those are great ideas, come up to the Free State and make it happen!

Quote from: Kevin Dean on January 21, 2010, 08:29 AM NHFT
I walked up to the Agorist meeting on Tuesday in time to hear "Alright, we're done".

Crap!  :-\

heh, no prob Kevin (and anyone else who missed the meeting), it was just an informal "howdy do". But tell me, how would you feel about signing up at another forum, to keep up between meetings (and if you aren't yet in NH)? Jeremy has offered a private section on the NHTeaParty.org website which he hosts. I've already registered.

microtone

(SC)"Jeremy has offered a private section on the NH TeaParty.org website which he hosts. I've already registered."

Greetings, I'm still looking to connect with some alternate economy type agorists , but i wasn't particularly enthusiastic about the 'tea-bagger' site. I suppose I can suck it up and with hold criticism of those who still believe the system can be salvaged.

It can't and it won't. Forget about it. Time to move on.

Peace & Love  Buzz

Sovereign Curtis

Quote from: microtone on January 24, 2010, 03:47 PM NHFT
(SC)"Jeremy has offered a private section on the NH TeaParty.org website which he hosts. I've already registered."

Greetings, I'm still looking to connect with some alternate economy type agorists , but i wasn't particularly enthusiastic about the 'tea-bagger' site. I suppose I can suck it up and with hold criticism of those who still believe the system can be salvaged.

It can't and it won't. Forget about it. Time to move on.

Peace & Love  Buzz

Eh, the site is pretty unused right now, and a separate, private section will be created for Agorists. Would this perhaps be possible here (Kat?)?

microtone

TOWARDS AN AGORIST TRADE NETWORK AND CO-OPERATIVE

(excuse the brevity- )

1) Electronic Trading Board

I'm not sure that we need another lame craig's list or variation, but the relative ease and low cost can't be denied.

Services: anybody out there that is available and willing to moonlight should be listing their skills.

Goods: got stuff to get rid of ? got needs and wants ?

2) Micro-Manufacturing

There might be a local demand for some small shop produced or assembled items.

3) Repair and recycling of used goods

This seems to me to present a good opportunity as a way to cut waste, and for people to get more out of less.

4) "garage sale" outlets

There would be too much of a capital outlay, licenses, zoning, and insurance to put a public face on a 'store', but if there are enough people in various locations with some room in a shop or a garage, perhaps a practical and affordable alternate distribution network could be worked out.

A few people coming and going to private spaces one or two days a week to drop off or pick up goods at the 'garage sale' would not likely attract very much attention.

I'm actually doing the first 3 in some form or another in various degrees of failure (no, it's not a living but it keeps me out of trouble), and I might have an angle on #4 this summer.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Sovereign Curtis on January 24, 2010, 09:03 PM NHFT
Eh, the site is pretty unused right now, and a separate, private section will be created for Agorists. Would this perhaps be possible here (Kat?)?
no
there is no part of this forum that can be kept "private", but you can use the public ones if you want to