• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Christmas

Started by sgtusmc, December 25, 2009, 01:32 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

sgtusmc

Christmas 12-25-09
Peter Macdonald 465 Packers falls Rd Lee NH 03824 603-659-6217
   I sit here waiting, as the tower signal was incoming squad of F-4's in thirty.  The men check the gear as the.  The loneliness and the deep feelings of being a lone engulf my being as I wait.  Others for the past weeks have been telling stories of what this day was back in the world for them.   The joy and emotion of facts bringing a smile to their faces only to have a tear run down their cheek.  The special box lunch only this day can bring of sliced caned turkey with cold instant potato and gravy and some vegetable during this cease-fire.  My mind is wondering what the people that I write think of my letters questioning what it is like as my thoughts are what it is like back there.  I re-read your letters as you describe a mystical place of people being able to walk around with out fear of death as I sit here writing this letter.  Waiting for the tower phone to ring just seems to be eternity.
   We waited one hour for what took us less than ten minutes just to return to the 12 by 12 shack we call home to enjoy this special day and meal.  The four of us just sit around while they talk of their girls and family.  The first day of forty eight hours in which the majority of time will be waiting as our unit CO will radio out encouraging words of joy on this Christmas Day.   I dream of you hoping some day to enjoy a relationship with you as the other Marines tell of their own relationships back home.  Those few days that I chased that Marine back to the Portsmouth brig in which we met turned out to be a miracle.  We only spent a few days together but over the past year of writing and holding your picture so close makes me believe that something special can grow between us. 
   Sorry I have to go as the tower just shut down the runway and the CO ordered us to repair and replace for when the cease-fire stops.  Have a Merry Christmas  My Thoughts are always with you bye for now.
Pete.