• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

FREEWAY SIGN PROJECT

Started by Firewall99, December 30, 2009, 07:30 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

AntonLee

I had heard that:

"THE FSP DOES NOT ADVERTISE IN NEW HAMPSHIRE"

please keep your signs featuring FreeStateProject only to "The Shire"   ;D

I'm hoping to take the mantle up for north of Concord.   I'm thinking one sign near Exit 20 (Tilton), one near Meredith on Exit 22 or 23, and perhaps one near Woodstock/Lincoln near the Kancamagus Highway exit.

Russell Kanning

Sam A. Robrin

Quote from: Firewall99 on February 23, 2010, 12:18 AM NHFT
Now we get to the heart of the matter why you are attacking every single suggestion this time,when before you were quite helpful.

No, the heart of the matter was that each slogan needed improvement--some by rewriting, some by jettisoning completely.  People who construe constructive criticism as attack make themselves impossible to work with.

QuoteThis is clearly a case of semantically invoking VOLDEMORT, HE WHOM SHALL NOT BE NAMED.

I had to look that up.  What's the Harry Potter series got to do with anything?

QuoteMaybe you should read your own Talmud before you defend Mr. Begin, because their plan for global conquest and One World Government is in their most ancient book.

It's not my Talmud, and I never defended some eighteen-years-dead politician.  Are you sure you aren't responding to someone else's post?

Anyhow--speaking to all the others reading--I still think highway signs are a good idea, and if anyone else who isn't gibbering bugfuck loony would like to work on such a project, please let me know.

VincentS

I would like to work with both of you and move the sign project forward. 
please do not escalate.

Anton thanks for stepping up to the plate for the north team. I am willing to help out with material costs for all three groups.                  Say  $50  per team.
White sheets painted in black letters might work well.

Because I am at some distance I will not be stepping up to lead a team.         (if you do not mind the "team" language)

Lloyd Danforth

when we did this a few years ago we used 4 foot by 9 or 12 foot drop cloths.

Sam A. Robrin

I can usually come up with some sort of rhyme or slogan on very little notice--just name a topic, and I'll do what I can.  And I'll happily help paint, hang, install, act as lookout, or whatever, depending on availability of transportation.

VincentS

Feel free to edit use, not use, as you see fit.

------------------------------------------------------
Tax and Spend
Tax and Spend
How will this end ?

----------------------------

Liberty is for Lovers

----------------------------

Freedom is not just a word
be brave at heart

--------------------------------------

Long live the spirit of Sam Adams

--------------------------------------------

God gave me Liberty
not Obama not Bush

--------------------------------------------

VincentS

Lloyd do you still have any of the drop cloths ?

Firewall99

Quote from: AntonLee on February 22, 2010, 07:40 PM NHFT
I had heard that:  "THE FSP DOES NOT ADVERTISE IN NEW HAMPSHIRE."  Please keep your signs featuring Free State Project only to "The Shire"   ;D
Let's leave the FSP completely out of it.  They're a decent group.  No sense in making life more complicated for them. To be truly grassroots, we should not associate this project with any organization. Why make the press's smear job any easier?

While talking about this with my good friend Tony, I realized that the greatest effect would be if everyone did this on the same weekend.  The first time this goes down, it will have the most surprise value.  After that, they may be ready for us.

If this project were to happen nationally the first time, so much the better, because then massive numbers of people would be talking about these subjects all weekend.  When they see that the signs and their content are never discussed in the news, then people will see first hand that the press has been suppressing unfavorable news all along.  (Of course, some of the signs should make this very point ahead of time.)

WHAT'S THE NEXT BIG WEEKEND?

Firewall99

Mini-blimps (http://trevorlyman.com/) could work, too!

Lots of advantages: control, repeatability, legality, flexibility, WE COULD OWN THESE AND USE THEM OVER AND OVER AGAIN

Some disadvantages:  COST, zoning violation?, could be literally shot down if allowed to go too high

What if one were to "get lose" and just start drifting?  This happened to Pink Floyd with their flying pig balloon.  They recovered it the next day on the other side of London.

Lordy, I can hear the statists howling already.

I wonder how much one would cost?  We could start a fund to buy one and then share it around the state.

Just a thought...

Lloyd Danforth

Wouldn't this be, somehow, dangerous for the children.

MTPorcupine3

Something about the fully informed jury and www.fija.org would be good for people from both sides of the border.

Jury duty?
Know your rights!
www.fija.org

A fully informed jury is the last peaceful defence against tyranny.
www.fija.org

Who would you want on your jury?
www.fija.org

RobFromSalem

Nice informative post Firewall99, I hadn't seen those quotes before, but do realize that Palestinians are semites as well, and yelling "anti-semite" is the same as calling every White person a "racist" who has an opinion which isn't in step with the status quo.

As far as signs go I've made a few in the past, not sure if my .02 can help or not. I've got foam board from wal*mart or the dollar store about 2 x 3, print out my sign on my home printer so the font and graphics look decent then blow it up at kinkos to the size of the foam board. Apply a liberal layer of packing tape and you've got a sturdy, reusable, waterproof sign.

Lloyd Danforth

This sign is printed out letters decoupaged to the painted plywood.

RobFromSalem

I'm not too famliiar with decoupage . . how does it hold up outside? The glue goes over the printed letters, right? I imagine that would seal it up and give it some waterproofing?