• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Seeing people OD

Started by Heatman, December 31, 2009, 05:31 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

AntonLee

I, too, think that some people in society would need to be removed from it for the safety of others.  Some may not be on a voluntary basis, but their imprisonment would be due to their aggressive acts against others.

Of course there are the truly violent, dangerous people out there.  Those are the people who don't want anything but the inside of the jail to be their home.  These people DO need to be locked up.

There ARE serial rapists, serial killers, etc.  Those people most likely need to be either dead, incapacitated, or removed from society.  I agree.  Now the problem is who is going to pay for it.

Holding a human away from others doesn't seem that expensive to me, at least under what might be "necessary" to keep a human 1) alive and 2) away from others.

I hate to say it, but were I the sole propriator of a prison system meant to hold dangerous, beligerent people away from the peaceful non-violent community. .. it might just be a concrete box on a small island in the river.   He might get fed once a day.  He'd never be able to leave until he decided to make good on his debt to others.  In some cases, this might never happen or be able to happen (too expensive, no way of earning money off of them to repay)

for people who choose to harm others and not repay for their damages, this might be a decent alternative.   Perhaps if htey have money they mgiht be able to re-negotiate for some dollars.  They can buy themselves a window.  They can buy 3 meals a day. 

God help the jailers, victims, etc if it is ever found that this person was INNOCENT.  Instead of the nothing that happens now, there might be grounds for a huge case for the wrongfully accused and imprisoned person.  Then again that person might negotiate a settlement.  I'm also thinking that these jails would be for the worst of the worst.

AntonLee

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on January 03, 2010, 06:19 AM NHFT
Quote from: highline on January 02, 2010, 03:39 PM NHFT
I stopped drinking almost a half year ago........... But I love cranberry juice.
You quit drinking and then started hanging out with Free Staters? What the Hell kind of planning is that?
It is the other way around, for most people.

ha I quit drinking 6 years ago and just moved to NH.  Now that I'm here there are no plans to fall off the wagon.  Cranberry and Club Soda A++

(and a joint)

highline

Quote from: AntonLee on January 08, 2010, 02:32 PM NHFT
Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on January 03, 2010, 06:19 AM NHFT
Quote from: highline on January 02, 2010, 03:39 PM NHFT
I stopped drinking almost a half year ago........... But I love cranberry juice.
You quit drinking and then started hanging out with Free Staters? What the Hell kind of planning is that?
It is the other way around, for most people.

ha I quit drinking 6 years ago and just moved to NH.  Now that I'm here there are no plans to fall off the wagon.  Cranberry and Club Soda A++

(and a joint)

Good for you man. I bet you feel much healthier.

Marijuana is a far, far, far safer mind altering drug/medicine with far, far, far fewer side effects than booze. Notwithstanding bad laws, a responsible decision on your part that I wish more adults would embrace so that we can make stop making users of safer substances criminals. 

highline

Quote from: AntonLee on January 08, 2010, 02:31 PM NHFT
I, too, think that some people in society would need to be removed from it for the safety of others.  Some may not be on a voluntary basis, but their imprisonment would be due to their aggressive acts against others.

Of course there are the truly violent, dangerous people out there.  Those are the people who don't want anything but the inside of the jail to be their home.  These people DO need to be locked up.

There ARE serial rapists, serial killers, etc.  Those people most likely need to be either dead, incapacitated, or removed from society.  I agree.  Now the problem is who is going to pay for it.

Holding a human away from others doesn't seem that expensive to me, at least under what might be "necessary" to keep a human 1) alive and 2) away from others.

I hate to say it, but were I the sole propriator of a prison system meant to hold dangerous, beligerent people away from the peaceful non-violent community. .. it might just be a concrete box on a small island in the river.   He might get fed once a day.  He'd never be able to leave until he decided to make good on his debt to others.  In some cases, this might never happen or be able to happen (too expensive, no way of earning money off of them to repay)

for people who choose to harm others and not repay for their damages, this might be a decent alternative.   Perhaps if htey have money they mgiht be able to re-negotiate for some dollars.  They can buy themselves a window.  They can buy 3 meals a day. 

God help the jailers, victims, etc if it is ever found that this person was INNOCENT.  Instead of the nothing that happens now, there might be grounds for a huge case for the wrongfully accused and imprisoned person.  Then again that person might negotiate a settlement.  I'm also thinking that these jails would be for the worst of the worst.

I agree with every word you spoke :D

I envision private protection companies having contracts with private detention providers. It really doesn't seem that unrealistic to me, now. At one time it did. Lots of thought, research, reading, and FTL later...... it makes sense.

dalebert

Quote from: AntonLee on January 08, 2010, 02:32 PM NHFTCranberry and Club Soda A++

That's what I usually order in bars now! I'm not a tee-totaler. Just haven't been wanting to drink very much lately. I've particularly not wanted to spend a lot of $ on drinking.

microtone

Well, it might be a surprise to a lot of folk, but the #1 senseless killer in Amerika is the donut. It shouldn't be a surprise that, fried white flour and sugar do in fact KILL and end many lives tragically early...Actually, banning donuts would save more lives than any drug ban, cigarette ban, alcohol ban and gun ban combined.

BTW, I've seen alcohol take away so very many more friends, comrades, school mates than drugs. In fact, in my nearly 30 years of living in the granite state, I've come to witness the tragic toll of alcoholism on families and often the sexual abuse of children it can cause.

I use to be a member of LEAP, but when I realized it was mostly a bunch of old retired paranoid Massachusetts cops that are just a bunch of panhandlers looking for outrageous speakers fees so they can get up and whine about how they were traumatized by all the violence they committed and family tragedies they perpetrated on the poor in the name of the state and the common good.....

In case, anyone wonders about the never ending WAR ON DRUGS, check out those pics of the hellfire drones the military has been launching over Houston... I read there were hundreds of murders there last year as the collapse of the Mexican government spills over into the US..... Great, absolutely fantastic, don't forget to tell your DRUG WARRIOR friends, that this is worse than Prohibition....  it's dozens of new G3 crime gangs (ie 3rd generation, or multi-generational mafias). And "we" didn't win in Iraq either.

Perhaps, you might wonder about the future of Afghanistan and Pushtustan (ie the name of that naughty rouge state, usually refered to as the  'lawless area') and the red red red opium poppy flower ? It will never be a democracy or a theocratic state, during your life and the lifetime of your children, the real control will be in the hands of the OCG (organized crime groups).

And this was once a free civilized society ? right ?

http://www.myspace.com/buzzkimball

bouncer

Legalizing everything is not the answer. Someone I know recently passed away from legal prescription medications I have lost a few people I know to this kind of thing. Throwing them in jail for possession and use is of little to no effect. Parents don't know how to teach their children most of the time because these are things many of them have never dealt with. The "experts" in rehab aren't working , politicians are more interested in their own careers than really helping anything. What we need are real answers to the underlying  causes. Legalizing will not solve the problems. The organized crime that controls the illegal drug trade won't go away there is too much money involved just like the government.

ps they are working on banning the donut, the french fry and the cheeseburger they call it health care.

thinkliberty

Quote from: bouncer on January 23, 2010, 12:28 PM NHFT
Legalizing will not solve the problems. The organized crime that controls the illegal drug trade won't go away there is too much money involved just like the government.

What gives you the right to hire an army with tax dollars that are stolen from me to outlaw medication and wage a "war on drugs"?

If you don't like drugs, don't use them. You don't have the right to tell anyone what they can or can't do with their own body.   

The organized crime that controls the illegal drug trade will have to compete legitimately when drugs are legal. Jack Daniels and Johnny Walker are not shooting each other in the street for turf, like mobsters did when whiskey was illegal during prohibition.

Legalizing freedom will solve the organized crime problem.

microtone

"CONCORD, N.H. - More people are dying of drug overdoses in New Hampshire than in car crashes, with methadone the leading cause of death in most of the cases.

"The number of overdose deaths has surpassed traffic deaths for the last two years, according to the state medical examiner..."

"The state had 129 traffic deaths and 168 overdose deaths in 2007. Methadone was to blame in 57 percent of the drug deaths. In 2006, there were 127 traffic deaths and 142 drug overdose deaths, with methadone involved in 53 percent.

Who can be in favor addiction ? Who can be for people overdosing on drugs ?

Ask an addict what's their problem, and you'll get an answer like: "I'm bored" or "my life sucks"... And therein is the answer.

The DRUG WAR has been a 75 year unmitigated disaster. And it will only get worse. I could give you a simple explanation like: "the black market is the free market re-exerting itself". Or even: people do what people do, get over it, and deal with it...

The Mafia and it's allied organized crime cartels aren't the problem, they are a symptom.
It's BIG PHARMA... frankly, their diverting half of pharmaceutical production to supplying the black market.

The FOURTH REICH in Washington, and SATAN'S EMPIRE on Wall Street don't give a shit about the lives of your children or what happens to them. It's about POWER, MONEY, and CONTROL....

Who will protect us from our protectors, when THEY are the PROBLEM.

bouncer

Quote from: thinkliberty on January 23, 2010, 04:35 PM NHFT
Legalizing will not solve the problems. The organized crime that controls the illegal drug trade won't go away there is too much money involved just like the government.

What gives you the right to hire an army with tax dollars that are stolen from me to outlaw medication and wage a "war on drugs"?

If you don't like drugs, don't use them. You don't have the right to tell anyone what they can or can't do with their own body.   

The organized crime that controls the illegal drug trade will have to compete legitimately when drugs are legal. Jack Daniels and Johnny Walker are not shooting each other in the street for turf, like mobsters did when whiskey was illegal during prohibition.

Legalizing freedom will solve the organized crime problem.

I didn't the war on drugs was legitimate as I believe it is a joke. As far as legalization goes alcohol is legal though go and make yourself some whiskey. The government thugs will still come and get you for it. Is the government then going to tax and regulate your new legalized drugs how is that any better? If your drugs haven't been properly labeled and taxed. Guess what they will throw you in a cage  for it. are you going to trade legality for another bloated government department taxing you? And as far as organized crime and competition they will still be selling untaxed drugs so they would still be willing to do the bad things they do. the only gain and it would be a gain is the average joe smoking a joint would not go to jail for it. A small gain

thinkliberty

Quote from: bouncer on February 02, 2010, 10:21 AM NHFT

I didn't the war on drugs was legitimate as I believe it is a joke. As far as legalization goes alcohol is legal though go and make yourself some whiskey. The government thugs will still come and get you for it. Is the government then going to tax and regulate your new legalized drugs how is that any better? If your drugs haven't been properly labeled and taxed. Guess what they will throw you in a cage  for it. are you going to trade legality for another bloated government department taxing you? And as far as organized crime and competition they will still be selling untaxed drugs so they would still be willing to do the bad things they do. the only gain and it would be a gain is the average joe smoking a joint would not go to jail for it. A small gain

The war on drugs is not a joke. Ask cancer victims that have been denied medical marijuana, if they think it's a joke. Or ask the people that are in jail like Mike T. if the war on drugs is a joke.

From what you've described, the government is the problem. We should get rid of it.

That would mean legalizing freedom will solve the government problem (because it's gone.) and also the organized crime problem (there is no black market for them to buy and sell freedom in.).

Tom Sawyer

I've lost a couple of friends to cirrhosis of the liver, bleeding ulcers etc. from alcohol, because it is more accepted than cannabis. My best friend, the only time we had good conversations before his death was when he was high, alcohol made him thick-headed and depressed, cannabis helped bring out the good in him. The cost of prohibition is immeasurable.

bouncer

Tom, the comments I made about alcohol were made as sarcasm. I realize the dangers of alcohol are far worse than cannabis. My comments were made in the vein that alcohol is legal for consumption though the production is regulated by the government they bust small illegal distilleries every year to justify their existence. I agree just like everyone here that the government is the problem but legalizing drugs in particular hard drugs and decriminalizing possession of prescription drugs would lead to more addiction and overdose deaths. What the government is doing is not working is quite obvious, but I believe legalizing those would send the wrong message in effect endorsing their use and minimizing the dangers. Cannabis is a whole different ballgame. No one has ever died from overdosing on cannabis. Though I believe driving under the influence of cannabis is equal to driving under the influence of alcohol. 

microtone

Quote from: bouncer on February 03, 2010, 10:12 AM NHFT
... but legalizing drugs in particular hard drugs and decriminalizing possession of prescription drugs would lead to more addiction and overdose deaths. ...

excuse me if I quote you out of context....

as a child, decades ago I lost several friends to drink driving accidents. it affected me severely, they were from good loving families, splashed across the windshield...

should heroin and cocaine be legal recreational drugs ?  personally, i've tried both ( if you you have to do it, snort it don't shoot it) and find it a waste of time and money. why the hell should i care if people spend their beer or wine money on ethnogens and/or there's less dead babies to scrape off the dashboard.

yes, powerful chemicals sold by 'big pharma' thru the AMA stooges are a problem if they find a way into the wrong hands. where the FUCK is the sanctity of contract assholes ?

"OH !we're not responsible, it's up to the GOVERNMENT to prevent misuse...."

AMERIKA as a system  OD decades ago, it can't handle the MOON FLOWER ( the false cold light of the opium poppy)... That is why the drug war has destroyed so much of the country and brought Mexico to the status of a narco-state.

GREED IS GOOD

Russell Kanning

Legalizing everything is not the answer
i agree
I will not vote to legalize anything this coming year.