• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Northern Agorists - a Call to Gather

Started by jaqeboy, January 03, 2010, 07:38 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

jaqeboy

Also posted this as a Facebook event here: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#/event.php?eid=238473703339&index=1

Scott, it'd be great to see you. It's been a while.

jaqeboy

We'll have 1 of Darrin Knode's Laissez Faire! posters for sale and we have a shipment in-bound, so we're taking orders for them. He agreed to a special price of $25 for those who attend tomorrow's meeting. The poster first made an appearance at PorcFest in front of the ALL table:

Shown with Noor from Indiana beside it.

freeman4liberty

Here's the agroa reddit I mentioned. 

http://www.reddit.com/r/agora/

There's all kinds of good stories there, and you can submit your own.

I :love2: reddit

Russell Kanning

cool gathering
i hope to do it again soon with many of you

what should we call our activities?
northern agorism
Shire Agorism
the Shire Free Market
the Shire Market

are we Shire Agorists
Shire Free Marketeers
or members of the Shire Market
or just pirates?

i figure we can post here or in a different thread anything we want the world to read

i was talking with others about  the idea of mostly meeting at parties and other events and having some agorism happen

remember our official group bumper sticker "Agorism happens"

i would like to help get people together, match consumers with suppliers, facilitate currency trading .... all for reasonable fees

next time we get together i can help facilitate things
i really like the idea of one or more people supplying the food for a fee .... I guess whoever wants to supply the food will be in charge of that
I for one would be glad to pay someone to supply a meal instead of meeting at a restaurant or ordering in food

I know that some Agorism will break out at the next Concord Porcupine meeting in February, right after some of us crazies make the federalies feel unwelcome
it will also break out during our broom hockey/luau on February 20th in Grafton

if we happen to meet up before then, that will be great

pm or email me if you have anything you want to discuss off this forum

Scott Roth

Sorry I didn't make it.  My parents were sick...gotta be there for them. ::)

K. Darien Freeheart

Quotei really like the idea of one or more people supplying the food for a fee .... I guess whoever wants to supply the food will be in charge of that
I for one would be glad to pay someone to supply a meal instead of meeting at a restaurant or ordering in food

I'm very, very, very strongly considering doing this and opening up my place (for the time being) to this. There's a decent amount of space here and it always irks me when liberty activists, nearly all of whom oppose taxation, voluntarily gather in the ONE category of place that is taxed in New Hampshire...

Sorry, that's a side note. :)

Russell Kanning

yea
i think we can get together more easily and comfortably at people's houses

Mike Barskey

Quote from: Russell Kanning on January 10, 2010, 05:32 PM NHFT
i would like to help get people together, match consumers with suppliers, facilitate currency trading .... all for reasonable fees

Me, too! Me, too!

Surely we'll develop and test this idea, and and variations of it, over the coming weeks and meetings/gatherings. But I am interested in being a facilitator of out-of-the-system trade; selling my services for a fee, of course. ;)

Sovereign Curtis

Quote from: Mike Barskey on January 11, 2010, 10:13 AM NHFT
Quote from: Russell Kanning on January 10, 2010, 05:32 PM NHFT

Me, too! Me, too!

Surely we'll develop and test this idea, and and variations of it, over the coming weeks and meetings/gatherings. But I am interested in being a facilitator of out-of-the-system trade; selling my services for a fee, of course. ;)

How much?

George Donnelly

yeah good question Curtis, hehe. I think we can undercut him with a member-run system. Sorry, couldn't resist, Mike. No harm intended.  :D

Mike Barskey

I've never done this. I don't know what it's worth. I don't know if I'm good at it. I don't know how much effort it takes. I don't know how high the demand is. I.e., I don't know how much I'll charge. It'll probably be cheap, at least to start with. And I'll accept (prefer?) silver to FRNs. If you have a need for such services, contact me and let's work together to determine how much it will cost in that particular case.

@George: I don't know what a member-run system is, but undercut me away! As I know you're aware, competition is a good thing. :) Are you able to undercut me from PA, or wherever you are outside of NH?

George Donnelly

Haha no Mike but I'm moving up by June, fingers crossed. Going to buy this time, so hopefully won't have an escape clause the second time around. :)

Russell Kanning

for those of us northern agorists who want to network online
we can use the forum
http://nhunderground.com/forum/index.php?board=28.0
the old wiki page:
http://nhunderground.com/wiki/tiki-index.php?page=Liberty+Business+Directory
or something new we make

if you want i can make a new wiki page for anyone to get them started, then maybe we can find better ways to connect

see you guys at concord porcs, even sooner in concord and at our place on 2/20

jaqeboy

Another gathering brewing:

5PM Sunday, 7 February 2010
Dover

Details to follow and it'll be announced on Facebook, FR33Agents, and other fora and lists.