• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Yellow Beetle (a.k.a. the famous Skittle-Mobile) 4 Sale

Started by dalebert, January 04, 2010, 04:57 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

dalebert

2003 Beetle GTS with a moonroof, automatic transmission, electric locks and windows, 6CD changer in the trunk added at the dealership, only 56k miles.

The famous sunflower yellow skittle-mobile is for sell. You will never have trouble finding it in a big parking lot when you stumble out of a bar late at night, even with blurry vision! But I hope you hand your keys to a friend when that happens.

Everything works, it's practically spotless, just had a transmission service where they flush and replace the fluid and new tires, regular oil changes, and bluebooks for over 7k in fair condition, almost 8k in excellent condition (which it is). It's only been through two NH winters and I didn't drive it much at all since I work from home. So tell your friends if you know any looking for a car.

Bluebook listing $7565 :

This may require you to edit so it all appears on one line.

http://www.kbb.com/KBB/UsedCars/PricingReport.aspx?YearId=2003&Mileage=58000&VehicleClass=UsedCar&ManufacturerId=50&ModelId=308&PriceType=Private+Party&VehicleId=3301&SelectionHistory=3301|32177|03431|0|0|128018|true|128059|true|127920|true&Condition=Excellent&QuizConditions=

Kat Kanning

What's the difference between a moonroof and a sunroof?

Tom Sawyer

Isn't the moon roof the place you can "moon" out of?  ;D

dalebert

I believe the difference is a moonroof has a transparent window as well as an opaque cover, so you can choose to close it completely or to let just light in, or you can tilt it open and let a little air in or you can open the roof window to varying degrees to let more air in.

But I like Tom's answer better.

Kat Kanning

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on January 05, 2010, 06:46 AM NHFT
Isn't the moon roof the place you can "moon" out of?  ;D
In the old days all we had were side windows to moon out of.

Becky Thatcher

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on January 05, 2010, 10:23 AM NHFT
In the old days all we had were side windows to moon out of.

And we were happy to have that...  ;D

Pat K

A real piece of history, but I don't drive cars
that weigh less than I do.

dalebert

BTW, this car has great headroom and it quite comfortable for tall people in the driver and passenger seat. Not so much in the back. I was dating someone 6'5 at the time and he was actually having a hard time finding cars he was comfortable driving. This was one of two out of about 8 he tried that day.