• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

A Porc RV

Started by Peacemaker, January 06, 2010, 09:21 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Peacemaker

Moments ago, I read another post about someone planning to visit a part of NH and needing a place to stay (what's new?).  And I got this idea: A Porc RV.

I know we now have the Porcupine Party Bus but how about a Porc RV?  It could be bounced around, passed off, driven, parked, etc. all over NH making affordable accommadations for those visiting from out of state as well as those visiting from other parts of NH.

*Now I wonder about Motorhome Diaries doing this with their RV, when they stop their roadshow, to benefit all 
  involved.

Just a thought but it sure sounds like fun and that it's something that's needed.            :pirateship:

Russell Kanning

yea ... you could charge less than the rv places, since it will not travel very far

dalebert

Do you mean renting it out kind of like a car or apt? I think you'd have to do that to make it very viable and it might make sense. Someone could charge a monthly, weekly, or daily rate plus mileage for someone who is visiting or who has moved but hasn't settled in yet and maybe hasn't decided where they want to live and wants to try different places out.

The Motorhome Diaries guys aren't exactly rolling in the dough, I don't think, so I doubt they'd be in a position to just give an RV away, but maybe someone could buy it from them for this purpose if they didn't want to do it themselves. It could even be a cooperative effort where we raise the money to buy it and then the proceeds after cost could benefit the CD Evolution fund or something similar.

thinkliberty

Quote from: dalebert on January 06, 2010, 09:55 AM NHFT
The Motorhome Diaries guys aren't exactly rolling in the dough, I don't think, so I doubt they'd be in a position to just give an RV away, but maybe someone could buy it from them for this purpose if they didn't want to do it themselves. It could even be a cooperative effort where we raise the money to buy it and then the proceeds after cost could benefit the CD Evolution fund or something similar.

They could rent out the RV for a weekend, week or whatever, when they are not using it, they don't need to "give it away".  The money could be reinvested for trips that they take... Marc Emery called it something like entrepreneurial activism.

While they are out on trips, they can pickup people that will rent for a week or weekend, whatever it when they get back to NH (if the renters are on the way back or pay to be picked up if they are a little out of the way)... it might help them get some dough rolling for their next trip...

I don't know enough about the motorhome diaries people to know if that is practical for them or not.

K. Darien Freeheart

There are plans for MARV long-term, so I don't think they'll be doing that anytime soon.

This concept has been tossed around by a few other movers I know though, so it might happen by Summer.

Peacemaker

Quote from: dalebert on January 06, 2010, 09:55 AM NHFT
Do you mean renting it out kind of like a car or apt? I think you'd have to do that to make it very viable and it might make sense. Someone could charge a monthly, weekly, or daily rate plus mileage for someone who is visiting or who has moved but hasn't settled in yet and maybe hasn't decided where they want to live and wants to try different places out.

You got it Dale, renting it out like an apartment: an arrangement where all involved would benefit.

I didn't mean to imply Motorhome Diaries should do this, just wondered if it may be something they might consider as the last time I talked to Jason (late summer), he wasn't exactly sure of what they'd do, with it once they stopped touring.