• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Broom Hockey/Hawaiian Luau

Started by Kat Kanning, January 07, 2010, 06:08 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Barskey

I created a FB event for it here.

Also, does anyone play the ukelele?

Jim Johnson

Lloyd Danforth

And the Balalaika seduces your sister.

K. Darien Freeheart

QuoteAlso, does anyone play the ukelele?

Maria might.

Russell Kanning

Mike Barskey

Lloyd Danforth

Knock together a frame of 2 x 4's in the front yard and flood it with the garden hose. Maybe an inch or so at a time.
The temp is in the low 30's this week and it could make the ponds unsafe. The local ice could still be 2 feet thick next week.  I don't know.  I do know that with ice in your front yard ya don't have to truck people around and ya can't drown.

Pat K

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on January 16, 2010, 09:34 PM NHFT
Knock together a frame of 2 x 4's in the front yard and flood it with the garden hose. Maybe an inch or so at a time.
The temp is in the low 30's this week and it could make the ponds unsafe. The local ice could still be 2 feet thick next week.  I don't know.  I do know that with ice in your front yard ya don't have to truck people around and ya can't drown.
i wasn't planning on that much work
well since the hockey was kat and i's idea .... i will plan on Grafton Pond. it is beautiful and has a plowed lot that i checked out a few days ago.
we can play ice basketball in the driveway also ... it doesn't take any work  ;D

barskey is in charge of the luau portions of this party, so he can decide that part :) .... somehow i bet he was envisioning scantily clad babes out in the snow

Peacemaker

Quote from: Russell Kanning on January 17, 2010, 06:33 PM NHFT
Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on January 16, 2010, 09:34 PM NHFT
i wasn't planning on that much work
well since the hockey was kat and i's idea .... i will plan on Grafton Pond. it is beautiful and has a plowed lot that i checked out a few days ago.
we can play ice basketball in the driveway also ... it doesn't take any work  ;D

barskey is in charge of the luau portions of this party, so he can decide that part :) .... somehow i bet he was envisioning scantily clad babes out in the snow

Ice Basketball, love it.  Ice Kickball?  But seriously, if you built a rink surrounding your house and strung lights up, then Liberty Activists would be able skate round and round your house all night, under the lights :)!

K. Darien Freeheart

QuoteBut seriously, if you built a rink surrounding your house and strung lights up, then Liberty Activists would be able skate round and round your house all night, under the lights :)!

They'd never know until someone posted pictures in the forum here. They go to bed early. ;)

John

Quote from: Kevin Dean on January 20, 2010, 02:14 AM NHFT
QuoteBut seriously, if you built a rink surrounding your house and strung lights up, then Liberty Activists would be able skate round and round your house all night, under the lights :)!

They'd never know until someone posted pictures in the forum here. They go to bed early. ;)

Yup. Some of us go to bed very early.
Heck, even I (the old night shift guy) almost went to bed at 9:30.

Mike Barskey

I have confirmed arrangements to BBQ a pig (I think we're going BBQ it brined and stuffed - not quite Hawaiian Luau style, but it'll be good). I have also purchased themed decorations. So far, I have spent ~$200 on the luau. This is going to be so much fun!

Emily will be spinning fire. I'm still looking for volunteers to hula dance and play ukelele. Also, does anyone have a surfboard they can bring as decoration?

Suggested donation (if more people come, the suggested per-person donation will be lower!):

• $10 per person
  • $5 per person if you don't eat any ham
See you there!

Kat Kanning

We have boogie boards if you're hard up for decoration.

Mike Barskey

Quote from: Kat Kanning on January 28, 2010, 07:58 AM NHFT
We have boogie boards if you're hard up for decoration.

awesome! Never mind if I'm hard up :) , boogie boards will work great!