• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Broom Hockey/Hawaiian Luau

Started by Kat Kanning, January 07, 2010, 06:08 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Danforth

Russell Kanning

i think there will be popcorn .... no player interviews though
yes tape those suckers up

Puke

Could someone please PM me directions. THe location is really all I need. I have maps.
Thanks.

Mike Barskey

A couple people have told me that they thought this Broomball/Luau was a sleep-over event. At first, I was saying that it was not but that we'd be able to accommodate a few people sleeping over if they wanted to. However, some people who live here do not want this to be a sleep-over event. I'm sorry, but I want this to be clear to everyone before you come out, so please plan accordingly: this is not a sleep-over event. :( People are welcome to stay late and keep having fun, but at some point you won't have to go home, but you can't stay here.

Mike Barskey

One more announcement: The address is 31 Hoyt Road, Grafton, NH. If you enter that (or you might need to leave off the "31") into Google maps, it should find us, but it might give you directions that go through unpaved back roads. That's OK - they will get here. But here are better directions from the Manchester area.

Take 93 north from Manchester; take exit 17 and go west on 4; go about 19 miles and take a right to stay on 4; drive about 17 miles (through Danbury) and take a left on Prescott Hill Road; take a left towards Slab City Road at the first "Y"; drive about 2 miles, then turn right over a very short one-lane bridge  (this is the dirt road called "Slab City Road" - if you hit a dirt road without crossing a bridge, you've gone slightly too far); in about 1/4 mile, take a left onto our driveway, 31 Hoyt Road.

Also, you will probably not have any cell phone reception within about a 20-minute radius of our house, so do not count on calling us from your car if you get lost!

Pat K

Russell Kanning

the frozen puddle out back is looking workable ... i shoveled off most of the last 2 inches and tiny amount of snow from yesterday ... it should melt the rest to a fast track today. I almost fell once shoveling.
There is a little area to skate around, but most of us will be slipping and seeking the shelter of the snow and tall grasses. :)

We will use 2 "pucks"
a porcupine frisbee and happy fun ball
Friday is not allowed to play with happy fun ball
the frisbee is worth 2 points for your team and happy fun ball takes one point away from your opponents
happy fun ball might also just keep rolling in this wind and never stop
the gentlemen will be playing into the wind and the ladies will be defending a smaller goal with the wind at their lovely backs

Firewall99

I'm bringing Hawaiian shirts and three brooms.  And sushi, of course!

What time does the game start??

Kat Kanning

I think he was planning between 10 and 12, but it's sure to be a laid back affair :)

Friday

Quote from: Russell Kanning on February 20, 2010, 05:18 AM NHFT
Friday is not allowed to play with happy fun ball
:'(  And all because I made the mistake of referencing a basic of law of physics.  Damn me and my pragmatism.   ::)

It's currently 39 degrees in Grafton.  Have fun, y'all.

Russell Kanning

don't look directly at Happy Fun Ball

TackleTheWorld

Wow, did I have a great time at the game it was the most fun this winter.  The roast pig came out delicious.  Nearly everyone was there.  It had to be the fashion event of the season.  Wall-to-wall loud shirts and grass skirts were a delight and the angry fire tiki dance was simply smashing! 

Jim Johnson

Thanks Mike, I had a great time.   ;D

Tom Sawyer

Jim Johnson