• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Broom Hockey/Hawaiian Luau

Started by Kat Kanning, January 07, 2010, 06:08 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Becky Thatcher

Thanks Mike!!! One more brilliant idea from The Barskey!  ;D  Today is Gryffyn's birthday and she wants you to know she thought the pig was delicious...woof woof  Thanks Russell and Kat for hosting another smashing party.  PatK you were missed, but I believe there was sufficient alcohol intake to cover your absence.  8)  And thanks Jim for sharing, once again, your amazing talent with cardboard.

It was really great to see such a large turn-out.  The prez enjoyed the broom hockey and fire dance.  ;D  I really enjoyed the greenhouse.  LOL

Thanks you guys for keeping the winter fun!

Pat K

Glad to see a good time was had by all. ;D

Kat Kanning

We're going to have to change some monikers now, though.  TackleTheWorld Scarface likes broom hockey.  Still now sure if John Gimpy still likes the game or not.  There was plenty of blood and sore keesters to go around....just like real hockey! :)

Russell Kanning

our place almost couldn't handle that many people. We have never had so many for a winter event. Luckily the weather was mild. :)
That was lots of fun. The CDEvolution talk was good and our agorist marketplace and meeting went well. We even finished on time.
The gang was also able to pull stuck cars out of the snow. We had way more cars than our snow allowed. Most people travelled from places that don't have any left.
I met many new people and had a few faces pass by that i failed to meet. That was a big party 60-70.
Thank you to the potluck participants .... i had good salsa, various pineapple dishes including cake. :)
Dale .... where were my pineapple muffins? this is an emergency!

dalebert

I happened to notice there were at least 4 gay people at this event. The ratio is improving! ;)

Lloyd Danforth

probably a closet Hetro in there somewhere.

Kat Kanning

Honestly, I'd have to say you were out of the closet by this point, Lloyd.

Lloyd Danforth

Your place was so crowded there was no room in the closets!

Kat Kanning

LOL Lloyd :)

Found so far:  1 hawaiian tablecloth, 1 tan hair scrunchie, 1 fancy Samsung cell phone, 1 crusty pig head.

Lloyd Danforth

;D
Rich says "Save me the Pig Head!"

Russell Kanning

Kat Kanning

Well the pig head was more of a joke.  I think barskey is keeping it as a momento.

Puke

Thanks go to Mike for the great idea and the Kannings for the awesome location.
Now I can say "I've been to a NH winter luau!"

And I got to eat a pigs eye and cheek meat. That's what happens when you watch shows like Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations and realize that there's a lot of good food out there that typical Americans think is disgusting or wierd. Never thought I'd get the chance to try some of those crazy morsels and now I have! Life is funny sometimes. :)

Oh, and here's some photos.
http://gallery.me.com/jschmill#100326

Mike Barskey

Here are my pix: http://gallery.me.com/mike.barskey/100632

A short movie will come tomorrow or the next day.

Thanks so much for coming and participating. I had so much fun all day long!

Puke

I'm glad you got photos of the wounded.
I dropped the ball on that one and didn't get any pics of injuries.  ;D