• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Weather Report

Started by jcpliberty, January 22, 2005, 11:37 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

jcpliberty

Saturday Night 1/22
Blizzard! Blowing and drifting snow, visibilities near zero and snowfall rates of 2-3"+ per hour. White-out conditions most likely around midnight to 3am. Heaviest snowfall likely south of Boston, along Buzzards Bay and into Plymouth County to the Upper Cape. Wild winds E/NE 20-40+ mph with gusts to 60 possible.

Sunday 1/23
Snow and wind heavy through morning, then gradual tapering inland. Snow may continue all day along the Coast/Cape. Flood potential around high tide for beaches 10-11am. May not see the lighter snows dwindle on the Cape until nightfall. Winds howling out of the N 20-40+ with gusts to hurricane force (75mph) possible Nantucket!. Highs mainly in the teens to low 20s.

Sunday Night
Clouds clearing, last of the Cape snow showers ending. Cold & blustery. Down to single digits overnight. Feeling like below zero. Some drifting of the fallen snow possible.

Monday 1/24
Still windy, still cold, but snowfall's long gone. Digging out with highs in the 20s and gusty northwest winds.

Here's the timeline:
Snow moved in 2-4pm
Accumulations of up to 8" reported by 9pm
Blizzard conditions continue with 12" possible after midnight
Moderate snowfall 5-9am up to 18" by mid morning to noon
Tapering inland around noon
Wrap-around snow on the coast / Cape into evening up to 20"-30" totals in the heaviest bands. (Included Southeastern NH, less north and west.)
Ending on the Cape Sunday night

jcpliberty

John and I have both mentioned in another thread the following:

It is not only polite, but pretty necessary to dig out the nearest fire hydrant to your home and shovel the sidewalk bordering your property. Never know when you or emergency crews will need either one!

JP

rothamerica

At this point, since no one has plowed our parking lot, we couldn't get to the fire hydrant. ;D

Russell Kanning

You can still see the firehydrants?
They would put the hydrants 4 feet off the ground in WY :)

rothamerica

Awww, c'mon Russell. this isn't much snow at all.  Not for NH, at least.

Michael Fisher

JonM

You can SEE your car? Lucky!

Lloyd Danforth

My truck and a couple of cars behind it.

Kat Kanning

4/20  81 degrees.  It's too hot!  Wish it would snow some more.

Russell Kanning

I started wearing shorts a week ago... 8)

Kat Kanning

That's definitely a bonus  ;D

Pat K

Hit 85 here today. I don't miss the snow.