• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Brian Manning, Mike Tiner arrested

Started by Kat Kanning, January 16, 2010, 03:51 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

EvilBassist

Here's a video of Rich Paul speaking to a jail officer at Valley St. Jail after this week's 420 there

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Lloyd Danforth

Grunco

I am not from the area, but has anyone contacted the county sheriff or mayor? 
Has anyone requested that they deliver mail and receive mail, for the group from there office to Mike in person?  Maybe even get video of his well being?

highline

Quote from: Llloyd Danforth on January 31, 2010, 02:18 PM NHFT
Graftonian or, Graftonite subset: Hoytians

I live in Hooksett.

Can I please be referred to as a Hook-er?

Lloyd Danforth

Kat Kanning

Mike Barskey

Here are some pics and a movie from mini-protests that Russell and I did recently: http://www.nhfair.com/gallery_events/207

Mike Barskey

During the first protest at Valley Street (the day of their "public" arraignment for Big Mike), we noticed one parking spot in the Valley Street jail parking lot that was unused, even though the lot was practically full. Here's my theory as to why it was left vacant.

Russell Kanning

Free libertarian

Quote from: Hooker on February 01, 2010, 02:17 AM NHFT
Quote from: Llloyd Danforth on January 31, 2010, 02:18 PM NHFT
Graftonian or, Graftonite subset: Hoytians

I live in Hooksett.

Can I please be referred to as a Hook-er?

Well...that's a fair request.  It was direct and right from the Whores's mouth.  :P

CJS

Quote from: Mike Barskey on February 01, 2010, 10:24 AM NHFT
During the first protest at Valley Street (the day of their "public" arraignment for Big Mike), we noticed one parking spot in the Valley Street jail parking lot that was unused, even though the lot was practically full. Here's my theory as to why it was left vacant.

LMFAO !! :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

SamIam

Mike Barskey

FYI: I just sent this email to James O'Mara, the superintendent of Valley Street jail:

QuoteMr. O'Mara -

My name is Mike. I'm a volunteer at Mail-to-Jail (http://mail-to-jail.com). Mail-to-Jail exists solely to make it easier for people to send letters to prisoners. We do not write letters, nor do we read them or censor them (except the minimal amount we must to assure they meet jail mail policies, such as affixed labels, too much paper per envelope, no contraband, etc.). Our purpose is to facilitate communication to prisoners from their loved ones outside of jail. We accept donations so that we can pay for printer ink, envelopes, postage, etc., and we volunteer our time to print and mail the letters.

Recently, all the letters we sent to one particular prisoner have been returned to us by the post office. Upon speaking to a clerk at the jail and her supervisor, we learned that the staff at the jail rejected the letters because they were addressed improperly and because the jail does not accept letters from third parties.

When this particular prisoner, Michael Tiner, was placed in jail, he was held as "John Doe." An agent of the jail told me that he could not give me John Doe's CCN because it would be a breach of security (although we have obtained numerous other CCNs from jail staff without problem), but he assured me that mail sent to "John Doe" at the Willow Street mailing address would be delivered. An hour later, another phone call to the jail revealed that John Doe's CCN was 46733, so all our mail was address to "John Doe, CCN 46733." Yet that mail was rejected by the jail. A supervisor, whose name I think is Marlene, told me that the jail did not have a John Doe; when asked who prisoner 46733 was, she told me it was Michael Tiner. So, despite an agent of the jail assuring us that mail addressed so would be delivered, it was not. But she also told me that mail from third parties was not accepted.

I asked her how new this policy was and she told me in her 10 years tenure at the jail, that rule had always existed. Yet in the past year, we have sent numerous letters to prisoners at that jail without a problem. In addition, her interpretation of this policy can't be correct or complete, as the jail has another policy that contradicts it: any books *must* be sent to prisoners directly *from* a third party (from a publisher or book store). I also asked Marlene whether the jail's ability to reject mail for any reason jibed with the federal laws regarding mail tampering, but she did not have a response.

The purpose of my letter is to request your help. I'd like your assistance to assure that letters that people send to their loved ones in your jail through our charitable service, do indeed get to their destination. Is there a list of permissible senders that your staff refer to when rejecting mail, that Mail-to-Jail can be placed on so that letters from us do not get rejected? Or if Mail-to-Jail is on a list of prohibited senders, can you have us removed? Is there something we can do differently to help the jail staff assure delivery of the letters we mail to prisoners? Is there something we can do that we're currently not doing, or not do that we're currently doing, that would facilitate the jail staff in delivering the letters?

Thank you very much for your assistance. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the prisoners under your care will thank you for your assistance in their receiving their mail.

- Mike Barskey
Mail-to-Jail

Kat Kanning

My letter to Mike was sent back, too.  (Not sent thru mail-to-jail)

dalebert

Excellent letter, Mike.

You may want to send it as an editorial to some local newspapers and let the jail know that you're doing same.