• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Brian Manning, Mike Tiner arrested

Started by Kat Kanning, January 16, 2010, 03:51 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

Quote from: thinkliberty on January 22, 2010, 06:12 PM NHFT
If they're Giants, I hope you are David, not Don Quixote.
It's not wrong for you to free someone that's been kidnapped.
I will definitely be playing the part of the crazy knight
thank you

Russell Kanning

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Friday on January 22, 2010, 05:55 PM NHFT
If you don't want me shot, you can call the Manch PD and offer them dunkin donuts or something.
I'm not interested in calling cops, and I wouldn't waste perfectly good donuts.
even if it will help keep me from being shot? ;)

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on January 22, 2010, 09:38 PM NHFT
It's Jesus going into the temple and turning over the tables...     people are still talking about it.
this will be my feeble attempt to do something close to that
it will be messy ... it will not be perfect .... but it should get the bad guys attention
i might not have to do anything but be too close to the "county" building ... but i might have to press them further

Howard Zinn has a good book about civil disobedience and covers this sort of thing.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: John on January 22, 2010, 10:58 PM NHFT
Please reconsider - as I have.

I will not be in attendance because I cannot support this action. I'll considering starting a fast on Sunday. Will I be mourning the end of the non-violent revolution?

If you want to go to Manchester with the intention of getting arrested please consider other ways to get arrested. There must be thousands of non-violent ways!
well ... i have thought about this action and similar ones for years
that is understandable
it could indeed be the end .... or at least the beginning of the end
i hope that they let Big Mike go ... otherwise i will use 5 or 6 of the 1000 ways

Russell Kanning

Quote from: microtone on January 22, 2010, 11:13 PM NHFT
Offhand, I do remember that Cassidy Nic's publicity DID GET MY ATTENTION, but personally I seem to draw enough attention from the pigs (and i do keep it legal) that personally getting involved in protesting seems counterproductive. Plus I'm an old bore anyway.

But there seems to be about 3 criticisms I'll make of the 4:20 protesters playbook.

First off why are you folk carrying your ID on you ?

Second, you ought to "yes sir", "no sir" the police.

But, if that's the deal, to provoke the brutes and the "we'll show you who's in charge" response... do you bother to get bail money available BEFORE THE FACT ? Do you bother to try and retain a lawyer ahead of time that will DARE TO SAY NO to the man ? (okay easier said than done).

Anyway, the point is, if you make it "too unreasonable" for the police to harass you, and make it too difficult and expensive for the state "to teach you a lesson", then chances are you may well gain ground against big brother....
Cassidy's action was pretty cool .... it is hard for the 420 gang to compete with that

i bet they didn't think they were going to be arrested last saturday
i  don't say "yes sir" to anyone .... to say it to a cop would feel strange .... probably the same for the 420 celebrants

i don't bail out or use lawyers .... neither does big mike obviously .... i think the State likes you to do both

Russell Kanning

Sorry to get your hopes or fears up.
I am chickening out on this activity on Sunday and am cancelling the event.
I am not willing right now to go to jail to help Big Mike or our movement.
I guess I am cooperating with the thugs and not causing problems.

The thought of white bread and bologna was too much.

I am sure the event planned for today will go well. I don't think I can stay until 420, so I will miss it.

dalebert

Would there be anything going on in Manch if we get a car full from Keene and arrive early?

KBCraig

Quote from: microtone on January 22, 2010, 11:13 PM NHFT
But, if that's the deal, to provoke the brutes and the "we'll show you who's in charge" response... do you bother to get bail money available BEFORE THE FACT ? Do you bother to try and retain a lawyer ahead of time that will DARE TO SAY NO to the man ? (okay easier said than done).

I'm pretty sure they didn't intend this to be a protest to draw police attention. They just wanted to peacefully gather and celebrate 4:20.

Sam A. Robrin

Quote from: dalebert on January 23, 2010, 10:05 AM NHFT
Would there be anything going on in Manch if we get a car full from Keene and arrive early?
Well, if you do, please put me down for a seat, if you can.  I've been trying to find out something, but having no luck.

Russell Kanning

the 420 gang is doing something today around 4

dalebert

Bail is generally not even considered. If someone must get out for work or something, they probably shouldn't be doing the CD. If it's a really unexpected arrest, it would make more sense. I don't blame anyone if they do though.

Lawyers have sworn an allegiance to the state so they are never truly on your side, particularly the public defenders who are primarily making plea bargains so people can be railroaded through the system at smaller expense to the state, and usually to the benefit of the state through fines and such. Even the ones you pay don't do many actual trials. They're in a bargaining mindset rather than a justice mindset. You witness enough of this, and it will quickly blow your mind how insanely abusive their "justice" system is.

Watch a movie called Interstate 60 sometime.

Russell Kanning

microtone

Greetings, I'm new to the boards. I do apologize in advance if anyone feels I'm quoting them out of context.  It's just that I'm trying to pass on what may or may not be of help to activists and any other citizen.

(R) i  don't say "yes sir" to anyone .... to say it to a cop would feel strange ....

That's perfectly acceptable in my book, but from a practical vantage, when dealing with cops. It helps. At first, a cop is "sizing you up" for "an easy bust", waiting for you to "incriminate yourself". When, you limit yourself to "yes sir, no sir" your making it hard for them.

(KB)They just wanted to peacefully gather and celebrate 4:20.

A lot of strident 'law and order- drug warrior' types, are perfectly content to look the other way, if you "go somewhere else and do it". I don't think you can reasonably expect a lot of public sympathy for being a 'narco-terrorists'. Besides most people don't want to believe that entrapment, planting evidence, and beatings happen: "it only happens to nasty people and troublemakers..."

Secondly, nobody remembers what 'habeas corpus' is, or that there once was a law against 'unreasonable searches'. The cops use to need "reasonable grounds" to detain and search. As I understand it now, they pretty much can stop, ID and search you at will. Got beat up "resisting arrest" ? Your pretty much out of luck.

(d)Lawyers have sworn an allegiance to the state so they are never truly on your side,

Since, the government can revoke their license, pretty much at will, that's correct, their going to think about the gravy train first. And more than a few are ethically challenged to begin with. On the other hand, even a 'sold-out' of a lawyer can get you bailed out on a Thursday afternoon, when the police try the "nobody here to process the paperwork, you'll have to wait till Monday" routine. But, it does cost a lot.

(d)public defenders who are primarily making plea bargains so people can be railroaded through the system at smaller expense to the state,

Basically, if you end up with a PD, the deal is all about "how long are you going to prison for".

Anyway, I wish the 4:20 movement good luck, have fun and stay out of harms way. I think I got a partial contact 'buzz' going right now, well I do, because, I'm wondering if a good protest might try the 'reduction to absurd um' tactic and try a "FINALLY WIN THE DRUG WAR LAST YEAR RALLY", and things like "DEPORT DRUG DEALERS BACK TO MARS"....

Peace & Love, Buzz

thinkliberty

Quote from: microtone on January 23, 2010, 07:28 PM NHFT
Greetings, I'm new to the boards. I do apologize in advance if anyone feels I'm quoting them out of context.  It's just that I'm trying to pass on what may or may not be of help to activists and any other citizen.

(R) i  don't say "yes sir" to anyone .... to say it to a cop would feel strange ....

That's perfectly acceptable in my book, but from a practical vantage, when dealing with cops. It helps. At first, a cop is "sizing you up" for "an easy bust", waiting for you to "incriminate yourself". When, you limit yourself to "yes sir, no sir" your making it hard for them.

I think cops are on a power trip and calling them officer strokes their already inflated ego.  Anytime a cop is acting like a thug I won't call them officer. 

Yes and no and 'I don't talk to cops' work just fine. I think calling someone sir or ma'am (addressing someone according to their sex) is sexists, so I won't do that.

I don't think you are wrong for trying to appease them as they 'size you up', I just refuse to be a boot licker. 

Thanks for your input though, You seem very reasonable and have an interesting point of view.  :)