• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Brian Manning, Mike Tiner arrested

Started by Kat Kanning, January 16, 2010, 03:51 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

cool

I am hoping the city lets him go. If not there is a real possibility of me getting arrested as I ride against the jail.
I would guess that anyone not dressed up or only recording from a distance will be able to avoid getting handcuffed and jailed.
Anyone could be "detained" like our friends were last week and have ID's demanded by the cops.

John

Quote from: Russell Kanning on January 21, 2010, 01:03 PM NHFTonly recording from a distance will be able to avoid getting handcuffed and jailed.
Anyone could be "detained" like our friends were last week and have ID's demanded by the cops.

I wouldn't be distant. And, I definitely won't be showing any ID!

Russell Kanning

my plan is to negotiate for Big Mike's release
they negotiate with guns, tasers, handcuffs, and jail cells
i negotiate with cooperation or lack thereof

so if they will not let Mike go, then they will have to hold me also

Friday

Quote from: Russell Kanning on January 21, 2010, 12:02 PM NHFT
I was planning on using a lance and axe to start taking out glass doors one at a time if necessary.

Quote from: Russell Kanning on January 22, 2010, 10:01 AM NHFT
so if they will not let Mike go, then they will have to hold me also

Please tell me you're not seriously going to go to the Manchester Police Department and swing an axe at glass doors until you are (at BEST) arrested, at worst, shot dead in front of your wife?  I'm assuming by "lance" you mean something pretend like a toilet plunger, but I'm not sure about the axe.  I beg you to rethink this.  Please.   :(

Russell Kanning

yes ... this is what i am planning

not only will I not condone their actions .... they will have another activist on their hands

my lance will be from our woods .... I will try that first. An axe or sledgehammer is better for breaking into a jail.

I want onlookers to know what might happen.

If you don't want me shot, you can call the Manch PD and offer them dunkin donuts or something.

thinkliberty

I don't see how using a sledgehammer or an axe is going help mike get out of jail, unless it's made out of plastic or something and is symbolic...  like friday said

I can't see anything good coming from this. What good do you see coming from this?

Smashing your way in to a jail does not put you on the moral high ground does it?

Why do you think this is a good idea?

Russell Kanning

is it wrong for me to try to break Mike out of jail?

this is one of the ultimate ways to show I do not agree with throwing Mike in jail

Friday

Quote from: Russell Kanning on January 22, 2010, 01:54 PM NHFT
yes ... this is what i am planning

not only will I not condone their actions .... they will have another activist on their hands

my lance will be from our woods .... I will try that first. An axe or sledgehammer is better for breaking into a jail.

I want onlookers to know what might happen.
:dontknow:  I tried.

If you don't want me shot, you can call the Manch PD and offer them dunkin donuts or something.
I'm not interested in calling cops, and I wouldn't waste perfectly good donuts.

Russell Kanning

yea
it is a pretty crazy idea
but there be giants in the land and i am sworn to slay them
better stand back ... this work is for us crazy guys

thinkliberty

Quote from: Russell Kanning on January 22, 2010, 06:04 PM NHFT
yea
it is a pretty crazy idea
but there be giants in the land and i am sworn to slay them
better stand back ... this work is for us crazy guys

It's crazy that they kidnapped Mike and Brian,

If they're Giants, I hope you are David, not Don Quixote.

Quote from: Russell Kanning on January 22, 2010, 05:50 PM NHFT
is it wrong for me to try to break Mike out of jail?

this is one of the ultimate ways to show I do not agree with throwing Mike in jail

It's not wrong for you to free someone that's been kidnapped.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: thinkliberty on January 22, 2010, 03:02 PM NHFT

I can't see anything good coming from this. What good do you see coming from this?

Smashing your way in to a jail does not put you on the moral high ground does it?

Why do you think this is a good idea?

It's Jesus going into the temple and turning over the tables...     people are still talking about it.

TackleTheWorld

John

Please reconsider - as I have.

I will not be in attendance because I cannot support this action. I'll considering starting a fast on Sunday. Will I be mourning the end of the non-violent revolution?

If you want to go to Manchester with the intention of getting arrested please consider other ways to get arrested. There must be thousands of non-violent ways!

microtone

Offhand, I do remember that Cassidy Nic's publicity DID GET MY ATTENTION, but personally I seem to draw enough attention from the pigs (and i do keep it legal) that personally getting involved in protesting seems counterproductive. Plus I'm an old bore anyway.

But there seems to be about 3 criticisms I'll make of the 4:20 protesters playbook.

First off why are you folk carrying your ID on you ? Have you ever heard of the 2 wallet trick? Actually, it's more like keeping your ID in YOUR VEHICLE OR RIDE. And just a 'throw away' wallet with some snack money and a cheap prepaid phone card (so you can call out on the police phones for help).

Second, you ought to "yes sir", "no sir" the police. I can't quite figure out why you are trying to add insult  (drawing public attention to the police and the drug war) to injury, and trying to escalate the confrontations ?

But, if that's the deal, to provoke the brutes and the "we'll show you who's in charge" response... do you bother to get bail money available BEFORE THE FACT ? Do you bother to try and retain a lawyer ahead of time that will DARE TO SAY NO to the man ? (okay easier said than done).

Anyway, the point is, if you make it "too unreasonable" for the police to harass you, and make it too difficult and expensive for the state "to teach you a lesson", then chances are you may well gain ground against big brother....

John

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on January 22, 2010, 10:36 PM NHFT
VDO of the Tuesday jail protest

The guy with the white shirt from the jail is a riot ... I'm laughing out loud.  ;D
"Obviously the Manchester PD is here." he said as he gestured like he is presenting the next act.