• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

barskey's letter to the court

Started by Mike Barskey, January 17, 2010, 10:24 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on January 19, 2010, 07:30 AM NHFT
They will suffer a few minutes of confusion and after he doesn't show up they will write the Warrant.
It is a great letter but, it isn't going to make any bureaucrat unhappy or, uncomfortable.
is that what i said?
no
i said it would not make them happy or comfortable
why would it
it may also make them uncomfortable ... i am not sure

does someone pay you to be contrary ... or do you do it for chuckles?

i find it annoying

Lloyd Danforth

I misunderstood. So. We agree. It probably had no effect on the bureaucrat.

Russell Kanning

actually
i may be wrong
bureaucrats love paperwork ... it might make them happy to have something to file

shyfrog

I think Lloyd should adopt the moniker "Chuckles"  :icon_pirat:

Kat Kanning

shyfrog

Sam A. Robrin

Quote from: shyfrog on January 20, 2010, 10:31 AM NHFT
So much better than "Curmudgeon"  ;D

That word is all too frequently linked with "lovable"--thoroughly dulling its edge.

Mike Barskey

UPDATE: I got a letter from the "dept of safety" the other day. It was sent to my West Lebanon mailing address. The only time I've ever told the government about this address was in the letter I sent to the court, so I guess someone actually read it! :)

The letter I got was notifying me that my "LICENSE/OPERATING PRIVILEGE" and "REGISTRATION" are "SUSPENDED INDEFINITELY" (effective 6/28/10). This is "AS A RESULT OF: DEFAULT COURT SUMMONS DEPARTMENT OF SAFETY."

I don't know specifically what caused this, but I'm assuming it was because I didn't appear in their trial (as mentioned in the letter).

The letter also tells me that I owe $127.50 (which might clear their "default court summons" so I can keep my "operating privilege" and their registration - but I'm not going to pay them ;) ). It also tells me that if the suspension goes into effect, a $25.00 registration fee is required in addition to a $100.00 reinstatement fee.

So much stress put on how much money they want, and so little emphasis placed on reasons or safety (except in the name of the department, of course) - it's quite obvious what their purpose is. ;)

So, FYI: In about a month I'll be driving licenseless and possibly registrationless (I may just sell my car and drive a borrowed one). So there will be a slightly larger chance I'll wind up in jail at that point. Stay tuned! :)

Silent_Bob

Horses take priority over motor vehicles on public ways... :)