• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Game Playing Event in early March

Started by SethCohn, January 29, 2010, 01:12 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

SethCohn

Russell and I discussed planning a simple board/card game playing event, sometimes before LF happens.
I checked into FunSpot (cause I was there earlier this week), and their 'event room' is really just an alcove, which would be fine otherwise, but they will only reserve it for 1.5 hours at a time, so an all day (or even half day) event is plain out.

Cost is a factor (we want it free, or nearly so (see below).

Brainstorming locations to have this event:

1) Houses - while I can think of a few places, that limits the event to friends, since nobody really wants to open their house open to just anyone.  But if someone wants to volunteer a place, perhaps.

2) Liberty Books in Concord?  How big is the space Jim Dodson has setup with tables?  If we did it here, I'd want to collect donations to pay for the space, and help him out.

3) ??? Ideas?

Renee was interested in helping put on a Scrabble event (though the date mattered).
I'm sure some of the other games like Carcassonne, Dominion, Magic, etc will be played.
If someone wants to organized a specific game tourney, speak up!

Kat Kanning

Liberty books is cramped.  We have multiple rooms where multiple games could be going on here.

Russell Kanning

we also don't mind having friends of friends come .... it works fine for us to promote grafton welcome wagon events and have almost everyone that comes be known to us :)
we are out of the way, but we could fit 20-30 playing games. The good part is that the food can be potluck or have someone make food for sale to others. also good at our house is that barskey and kira can host "magic" until 3am

maybe someone else has a bigger house though

Fluff and Stuff

Dale has weekly gaming nights at his house on Wednesday night.  Also, we have weekly gaming days at Social Sundays in Keene.  Social Sundays is open from 12 to 12 on Sunday so people can play games anytime they want.  I've been to a gaming event at Renee's house and it was fantastic.  If it is warm outside, there is room for a couple dozen people gaming, just outside.

Russell Kanning

how many  people can you fit at abunara?

Fluff and Stuff

Around 30.  But Social Sundays is usually most busy from 6:30 - 9:30 pm.  So if the game night was planned for 3:30 pm or so almost none of the usually crowd would be there unless they showed up for gaming. 

Russell Kanning

well i was picturing something all day long with a scoreboard keeping track of some big tourney :)

rs38bj

Russell Kanning

well we had a successful potluck this week at our house
we will have a luau on the 20th and will see how many people we can seat

if you guys want we could hold it in our farmhouse, if nothing better comes along
we should start planning games and tourneys

i have one game i have been holding back on at parties ... it could be unleashed at a gamefest

SethCohn

I've been working on a secret, ultra cool game.  :icon_pirat:

Pat K

SethCohn

Quote from: Pat K on February 14, 2010, 06:24 PM NHFT
Secret, oh I am shocked. ;D

I did share some details at Concord Porcs.  But I have a reputation to uphold, so it's a big secret.  >:D