• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

He wasn't none too pleased

Started by WithoutAPaddle, March 03, 2015, 07:07 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

WithoutAPaddle

Man charged with killing family dog after bite to 4-year-old

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

ROCHESTER, N.H. (AP) — Police say a 33-year-old man killed the family dog after it bit a 4-year-old boy.

Foster's Daily Democrat reports (http://bit.ly/1KeDnBt ) the boy was playing with the dog in a Rochester apartment around 6 p.m. Monday when he was bitten on top of the head.

Police say Lee Thurston, the dog's owner, put the animal in a kennel and shot it with a hunting rifle.

First responders examined the boy; he was not hospitalized.

Thurston was charged with felony counts of reckless conduct and cruelty to animals, and unauthorized use of a firearm, a violation.

A phone number listed in his name was out of service Tuesday. He was released on $5,000 bail and is scheduled to return to court April 20. It could not immediately be learned if he had a lawyer.

#     #     #

I never gave any thought to how I'd kill a dog of mine if I owned one and decided it needed to be killed.  When a cat of mine had to be put away, it didn't cost much to have a vet do it, but I never even thought about the legality of a do-it-yourself pet animal euthanasia.