• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Start with a parking ticket to take back control.

Started by BoyntonStu, February 07, 2010, 10:30 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

BoyntonStu

A parking ticket is normally just a nuisance.

A small fine, no points, etc.

However, from a tiny acorn a tall oak grows.

According to the U.S. Constitution, everyone is entitled to a jury of his/her peers if more than $20 is to be taken from the person.

Imagine if:

There is a No-Parking Zone and there is a $25 fine for illegally parking there.

You line up a bunch of cars eager to get tickets.

When you appear, you all demand a jury trial.

If possible, enlist people who speak Spanish or Creole and demand interpreters.

More expense, and more time wasted.

To be sure, this will get there attention.

AAMOF You are entitled to a jury trial for every traffic ticket you receive.

Russell Kanning

sounds good
do you want to start with just your car? that's how you can get the ball rolling
so far i haven't met anyone who forced a jury trial ... but maybe we can watch yours :)

BoyntonStu

As i said in the OP, this needs a group to be successful.

5,6 or 10 folks.

BTW I am in Florida and Dave Ridley suggested that I post here.

KBCraig

The strategy you're advocating (demand everything, admit nothing, tie up their courts and resources, cost them money until they quit) is already started under the New Hampshire Courtroom Legal Opposition Group, aka NH-CLOG: http://www.nhclog.org/

K. Darien Freeheart

Sounds good!

I got a parking ticket in Nashua yesterday for $25. Who's with me?

Ogre

I cannot quote the source at the moment. However, I'm pretty sure that its near impossible to get a jury trial for traffic courts because they're set up that way. Good luck with it, though, I'd love to see more (everyone) do that.

BoyntonStu

Quote from: Ogre on February 08, 2010, 12:50 PM NHFT
I cannot quote the source at the moment. However, I'm pretty sure that its near impossible to get a jury trial for traffic courts because they're set up that way. Good luck with it, though, I'd love to see more (everyone) do that.

[/quote

#1  The 7th Amendment to the Constitution states as follows:

In Suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise re-examined in any Court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law.

#2  Do you give up your Constitutional rights when you enter Traffic Court?

#3  Is there a dispute over $20 or more?

This type of case has very little down side potential.

Will they put you in jail for demanding your rights under the Constitution?

Will you lose your driving license over a $25 Parking Ticket?

Sam A. Robrin

Quote from: BoyntonStu on February 08, 2010, 03:33 PM NHFT
Will they put you in jail for demanding your rights under the Constitution?

Will you lose your driving license over a $25 Parking Ticket?

Well, as Tonto is sort of alleged to have said, "What do you mean me, paleface?"

Keyser Soce

Quote from: BoyntonStu on February 08, 2010, 03:33 PM NHFT
Quote from: Ogre on February 08, 2010, 12:50 PM NHFT

[/quote

#1  The 7th Amendment to the Constitution states as follows:

In Suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise re-examined in any Court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law.

A parking ticket is not a suit at common law.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Kevin Dean on February 08, 2010, 10:51 AM NHFT
Sounds good!

I got a parking ticket in Nashua yesterday for $25. Who's with me?
how do people join you?

BoyntonStu

[/quote]
A parking ticket is not a suit at common law.
[/quote]

Ahah! You hit the nail on the head.

Traffic Court is not a "Court" of Common Law.

Bottom line, is that we, the people in the land, under our Constitution must fight for our rights.

The only way to be free, is to be faithful to the Common Law and free of Administrative scribbling.

Under Common Law there must be damage or an injury.

Who is the damaged party if a tail light bulb is burned out?

Ogre

Indeed. The way the traffic courts are constructed, they have nothing to do with common law or criminal courts. All rights that you have in a usual court of law do not apply in a traffic court. I'm not saying its right, I'm not saying I agree with it, I'm just explaining how the courts, thugs with guns, and the majority of people will see it. These courts only look like common law courts because the judges and thugs with guns want to make you think you have rights and to give themselves an attempt to legitimacy. Instead, the rules of the traffic court are based on whatever they want them to be. Think about it -- you can't even claim to be innocent until proven guilty. Your word means nothing against that of a thug with a gun.

It would be nice to ask for jury cases in traffic court, but when these courts were set up, those who set them up knew they would lose control if they allowed the peons any power. Keep in mind -- traffic courts are designed to raise money for the state and nothing else.

BoyntonStu

Quote from: Ogre on February 09, 2010, 08:18 AM NHFT
Indeed. The way the traffic courts are constructed, they have nothing to do with common law or criminal courts. All rights that you have in a usual court of law do not apply in a traffic court. I'm not saying its right, I'm not saying I agree with it, I'm just explaining how the courts, thugs with guns, and the majority of people will see it. These courts only look like common law courts because the judges and thugs with guns want to make you think you have rights and to give themselves an attempt to legitimacy. Instead, the rules of the traffic court are based on whatever they want them to be. Think about it -- you can't even claim to be innocent until proven guilty. Your word means nothing against that of a thug with a gun.

It would be nice to ask for jury cases in traffic court, but when these courts were set up, those who set them up knew they would lose control if they allowed the peons any power. Keep in mind -- traffic courts are designed to raise money for the state and nothing else.

Exactly correct!

That is why I suggest that we can regain our rights and our freedom by starting with traffic courts and working up the ladder from there.

See my post on Traffic Camera Tickets as another possible starting point to regain freedom.

I suggest that a "Success Stories" thread be created.

FTL_Ian

Boynton,

Thanks for posting this.  I like your attitude and ideas.  Have you been to the Free Keene forum?  Your participation there could be helpful.  http://forum.freekeene.com  We discuss disobedience, court tactics, and personal sovereignty, among other things.

When are you moving to NH?  Have you considered Keene?  Here are 111+ reasons to move: http://move.freekeene.com

BoyntonStu

author=FreeKeene.com's Ian link=topic=20093.msg318005#msg318005 date=1266000943]
Boynton,

Thanks for posting this.  I like your attitude and ideas.  Have you been to the Free Keene forum?  Your participation there could be helpful.  http://forum.freekeene.com  We discuss disobedience, court tactics, and personal sovereignty, among other things.

When are you moving to NH?  Have you considered Keene?  Here are 111+ reasons to move: http://move.freekeene.com

Thanks for the invite.

Actually, I lived Just outside of Keene, in Munsonville for awhile. 

NH is a beautiful state for sure.

I feel very free wearing shorts, short sleeved shirts, and no socks.

Wearing more clothes than that makes me feel very  confined.

Freedom is in our minds.

I support all of your efforts to take control of your lives.