• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

How to beat all traffic camera tickets.

Started by BoyntonStu, February 08, 2010, 06:55 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

BoyntonStu

Traffic cameras are not owned by the municipalities.

A private "Camera Corporation" owns and operates the cameras for a fee.

The "Camera Corporation" captures 'evidence' to create a traffic ticket.

Their fee is a based on a fraction of any ticket that you pay the "Court".

When you go to Court, simply ask one question:

"Are all parties to this case present in the Court room?"

If the Camera Corporation representative is not there; case dismissed!

Ogre

Interesting. I guess it depends on how the law was written. In North Carolina, when they started traffic cameras (which have since been done away with because they were too expensive -- which shows why they were put in place in the first place), the law was written that you were guilty when the company took your picture, period. You could only appeal your guilty verdict by paying a fee to appeal -- which happened to be exactly the amount you would have to pay if you lost. The best part -- which I tried to let people know -- was that since the fee was due the camera company, the ONLY recourse against someone who didn't pay was that the company could get a $50 judgment against you in a court. And yes, it would have cost the company more than $50 to get that judgment. So the most effective way, in that case, to fight these was just not to pay them. It wasn't worth the company's time to track you down, so if you just didn't pay, nothing happened. And yes, that's what I did, and nothing was ever on my driving record or anything.

I guess if you're going to play the game, just make sure you know the rules.

BoyntonStu

Quote from: Ogre on February 09, 2010, 12:24 PM NHFT
Interesting. I guess it depends on how the law was written. In North Carolina, when they started traffic cameras (which have since been done away with because they were too expensive -- which shows why they were put in place in the first place), the law was written that you were guilty when the company took your picture, period. You could only appeal your guilty verdict by paying a fee to appeal -- which happened to be exactly the amount you would have to pay if you lost. The best part -- which I tried to let people know -- was that since the fee was due the camera company, the ONLY recourse against someone who didn't pay was that the company could get a $50 judgment against you in a court. And yes, it would have cost the company more than $50 to get that judgment. So the most effective way, in that case, to fight these was just not to pay them. It wasn't worth the company's time to track you down, so if you just didn't pay, nothing happened. And yes, that's what I did, and nothing was ever on my driving record or anything.

I guess if you're going to play the game, just make sure you know the rules.

We have to get back to basics.

If the Camera Company is part of the action, they are required by common law to be at the hearing.

Traffic cameras that generate tickets are the tools of a business partnership between the gubmint and the Corp.

Want FREEDOM?  Fight the bastards.

Lance

Quote from: BoyntonStu on February 08, 2010, 06:55 PM NHFT

Some contracts are written differently.  KCMO pays American Traffic Solutions $4500/mo per camera and the city government keeps everything above that amount.

BoyntonStu

Quote from: Lance on February 09, 2010, 10:14 PM NHFT
Quote from: BoyntonStu on February 08, 2010, 06:55 PM NHFT

Some contracts are written differently.  KCMO pays American Traffic Solutions $4500/mo per camera and the city government keeps everything above that amount.

Thanks for this information.

However, the camera is like the cop who holds and who reads a radar gun.

Who will introduce the evidence?

Was the camera aimed properly?

Did it capture your plate or a car whose number is close to yours?

etc.

IMO The Company is a party to the trial.

thinkliberty

Make sure you ask for the source code for the traffic cam. Your ticket might be due to a software bug.

Pat McCotter

Russell Kanning

BoyntonStu

Read it here:  http://www.highwayrobbery.net/TrcDocsAppSantaAnaMustaphaRecd2010Feb3.pdf

Boiled down:

The Camera Corporation is a third party.

No officer witnessed the alleged violation.

The Officer is bringing 3rd party hearsay evidence which is not admissible.

Case dismissed!

Fluff and Stuff

The easiest way is to live in NH.  Only drive in NH or other places, like MA as of this post, that don't have traffic cameras with the ability to ticket.  And if someone tells you about an upcoming bill to allow such cameras in NH, work to prevent the bill from becoming law.

BoyntonStu

Quote from: Fluff and Stuff on February 11, 2010, 09:44 AM NHFT
The easiest way is to live in NH.  Only drive in NH or other places, like MA as of this post, that don't have traffic cameras with the ability to ticket.  And if someone tells you about an upcoming bill to allow such cameras in NH, work to prevent the bill from becoming law.

Running away from unjust laws and thieves dos not help us gain freedom.

Confrontation and sharing information is much more effective.

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: BoyntonStu on February 11, 2010, 11:30 AM NHFT

Unless many people do it from all over the place to one central location, at the same time.

Where I'm from, a place with traffic cameras all over the place, I saw 3 different methods to deal with traffic cameras implemented.

1. Figure out where they are and avoid them.
2. Drive slow, break hard.
3. Buy special covers for a plate that are supposed to prevent the plate from being seen.

While all of those methods were interesting.  I decided that I was tired of doing methods 1 and 2 and moved to NH.  Now I pay attention to upcoming bills so that maybe folks in NH won't even worry about this potential problem.

Sam A. Robrin

Quote from: BoyntonStu on February 11, 2010, 09:40 AM NHFT
Read it here:  http://www.highwayrobbery.net/TrcDocsAppSantaAnaMustaphaRecd2010Feb3.pdf

Boiled down:

The Camera Corporation is a third party.

No officer witnessed the alleged violation.

The Officer is bringing 3rd party hearsay evidence which is not admissible.

Case dismissed!

You have a lot of misplaced faith that they'll follow their own rules.  They won't.

SethCohn

Running away from unjust laws and thieves do not help us gain freedom.

Ok, let me share some information with you, and confront you:

NH doesn't have traffic cameras that can ticket.  _We_ (folks who moved to NH for freedom) stopped that legislation from passing a few years back, and if it's brought up again, will work to stop it again.  We aren't running, we're confronting, here in a place where we can make a difference. (And that including political/apolitical/etc/etc/etc/etc)

If you spent half the time you spent researching how to fight traffic cameras on researching how to get your butt moved to NH to help make a real difference, you'd be here already.

This is a New Hampshire forum - we don't have traffic camera tickets here - so there isn't even a reason for any CD, which is where you posted this.

If you want to gain freedom, move to NH and join the others who are glad they did so.

KBCraig

Quote from: Fluff and Stuff on February 11, 2010, 09:44 AM NHFT
The easiest way is to live in NH.

The very point of the FSP is to "run away" to NH, and to concentrate effort to gain freedom.

Are you sure you're reading the right forum?