• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Contra Dancing is fun!

Started by shyfrog, February 09, 2010, 07:02 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

shyfrog

:icon_pirat: Contra Dancing
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contra_dance (I love how my town is well represented in the wiki)

I went for the first time last night. It took me 3 years of living here, hearing about it, and finally going. My daughter Eli was there and has been going for the past 3 weeks. She absolutely loves it.

If you live in New Hampshire, it's likely there's a contra dance in or near the your town/city. There's a lot of spinning. I had to sit out a couple times from dizziness. You really have to focus on your partner's eyes to avoid that.

It's a great way to meet people!

Kat Kanning

Pat K

John

One of the best - maybe the best - I know of is coming up this week (3rd Friday) in Woodstock, Vt.

They provide a delicious vegetarian supper (donated by the Woodstock Farmers Market & Upper Vally Food Coop) from 5:30 to 7:30, a family dance from 6:00 to 7:30, dessert (pot luck), coffe & tea at 7:30, and the evening contra dance starts at 8:00.
Suggested donation - includes supper! - is $8. Childeren and teens are free.

Kira and I plan on being there.