• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Driving w/o a license

Started by elkingrey, March 02, 2010, 01:42 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

Quote from: elkingrey on March 03, 2010, 10:12 PM NHFT
The other concern I have is the likelihood of having my car impounded. Paying the state to get my car back would suck and seems counterproductive. Any thoughts?
they will take your car
they are thieves
if you are worried about things like this .... i don't think you are ready to say "no" to their system

KBCraig

There is something to be said for driving $500 winter beaters.

elkingrey

Dave Ridley just answered all of my questions in his newest report. He gives a link to the Embassy of Heaven. In it, there is a book online which I read discussing all of the ins and outs of going to jail, specifically for driving without permission.

Russell Kanning

if you move here and start driving without the government's permission, some of us will try to help you, but there will be pain and theft involved

elkingrey

I'd like to think that I'm well suited to take the pain and theft, but I still need a strategy for my conduct. The book I read didn't discuss the position I am thinking of taking completely, but I'd like to think I can fill in the blanks. I'm starting to think the best way to conduct myself once arrested would be to simply go limp and stay in that position until I'm released. This means no eating, no talking and no signing, no undressing or dressing, no bail, and no violent resistance. It also means I would be urinating and defecating in my pants.

Any thoughts?

Free libertarian

TackleTheWorld

Interesting tactic.  Why no bathroom breaks?

elkingrey

If you're the one who has to clean up the guy who shit and pissed himself, would you hope he got out of jail as soon as possible?

Russell Kanning

wow ... that is hardcore
maybe they will drag you into a special room for you to die  and just hose down where you have been

Jim Johnson

Quote from: elkingrey on March 05, 2010, 06:43 PM NHFT
If you're the one who has to clean up the guy who shit and pissed himself, would you hope he got out of jail as soon as possible?

The jailers won't be the ones cleaning that up.  They'll let you stew in your own juices for a few hours and the diaper rash will make you clean it up.

Or what Russell said... they will be harder on you than you can be on them.

And even if you get passed that, crapping and peeing yourself is a ticket to a nuthouse.

elkingrey

I would like to think laying in my own excrement for several days still pails in comparison to what millions of other people have experienced throughout the history of the world.

TackleTheWorld

Yeah, but people have also experienced pleasure and pride throughout the history of the world.  And they've experienced having their intestines pulled out too.  Why put importance on the infant stage?

KBCraig

Laying there soiling yourself without speaking sounds like a fast track to a psychiatric hold.

Pat K

Quote from: KBCraig on March 05, 2010, 11:32 PM NHFT
Laying there soiling yourself without speaking sounds like a fast track to a psychiatric hold.

Or a US senate seat.

elkingrey

I'm surprised more people on this forum don't find this tactic perfectly rational. It seems to me to be the logical conclusion of complete non-cooperation. In fact, I thought it was a free stater who did this sort of thing that gave me the idea. Perhaps it was someone else.

That being said, if one refuses to do absolutely anything once arrested, it shows the captors that the state no longer has coercive power to achieve obedience, for that individual is prepared to die and cannot be bribed into compliance. It is only our fear of the state that ever gets us to comply with any of their mandates.

I am slowly coming to the conclusion that if one is not prepared to die for freedom then surely one is not prepared to live for freedom either.

Each individual must answer to themselves how far they are prepared to take it. I look at myself and cannot help but to think about how wonderful of a life I've already lived and the fact that I look forward to the day I meet my maker. Plus I think about the millions of people who have died fighting for freedom. Often times we libertarians exclaim "liberty or death!" But what many of them are guilty of, myself included, is that we are really exclaiming "liberty or death, but dear God don't put me in jail!"

I see people fed up with the system today flying planes into buildings and shooting random police officers. Yet these people have never considered civil disobedience as a viable option. I think we owe it to ourselves to at least attempt to live free and take some jail time over indiscriminate killing.

I'm knew to the concept/tactic of civil disobedience. This is largely the reason why I am attracted to New Hampshire. I see a lot of people not afraid to go to the slammer and the fact that the movement capitalizes on each person who does, getting the most bang for their buck. Here in California, if I get arrested tomorrow, it won't make a wave unless I take a large ad out in the newspaper, which I am considering doing.

There was even a civil dis class offered recently I think in New Hampshire. I would like to have attended that. I like the idea of more people getting together and spending time learning how to be effective at civil dis instead of how to appeal to the state legislature.

Clearly I am a noob at non-violent non-cooperation. I am sure I will learn through trial and error. I'm currently reading Gandhi's book on Satyagraha(non-violent resistance). It seems he made plenty of errors along the way too. Still, it seems like many of us in the liberty movement are having to reinvent the wheel. I like to be as systematic as possible. I view this whole battle for freedom like the greatest game I've ever played. It's like playing Chess, Axis & Allies, Stratego, and Poker all in one.