• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Driving w/o a license

Started by elkingrey, March 02, 2010, 01:42 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

KBCraig

Talk about your necro-thread....

I don't know what the OP finally decided, but I do know him. I see his parents regularly.

Free libertarian

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on April 23, 2016, 09:05 AM NHFT
It's a little known fact that the moment your "license" expires you lose the ability to drive.

I haven't had their paper for a long time now... no harm to the public has occurred during that time frame.

You got something against colanders? 

You see, under the interstate commerce clause, your not buying a colander to wear on your head HAS effected the potential commerce, therefore government has an interest. 

Free libertarian

Quote from: KBCraig on April 23, 2016, 11:38 PM NHFT
Talk about your necro-thread....

I don't know what the OP finally decided, but I do know him. I see his parents regularly.

Wait a minute...this thread is dead?   So, put the colander back in the cabinet?

Russell Kanning

my license from Texas doesn't say anything about who owns it or anything in small print

Mark D. Jacobsen

My basic argument now is if you have no recourse if someone takes something from you it wasn't yours to begin with.

Russell Kanning

hmmm
I guess I disagree. I could own something .... have it stolen by the government thugs ... and have no recourse.

Jim Johnson

"....if someone takes something from you it wasn't yours to begin with." means you don't own your life.

Tom Sawyer

Perhaps it's a matter of you only "own" what you are able to defend.

Jim Johnson

.....what you claim and are able to defend?

Tom Sawyer

Becky said, "So we don't own our house?"

I said, "Of course we don't, we just rent it from the gooberment. Try not paying the property tax, and you'll find out." Try defending when they come to take it.

It sucks, because we are talking about what should be and what is.

Mark D. Jacobsen

quoting myself
"My basic argument now is if you have no recourse if someone takes something from you it wasn't yours to begin with."
i would like to change that to if 'the guv' takes something that 'the guv' is the reason you get their certification, the card or privilege wasn't yours to begin with. I refuse to believe that travel is something granted to me.
When did drivers licenses become mandatory?
I was told a story about a young girl driving her drunk dad home and being pulled over by the fuzz. She was unlicensed and she was barely a teenager. This lady was 70 in approx 1990. I don't think there were dl's in 1930, at least in WA state. So if there were no licenses was this gal a criminal?

Free libertarian

The state is a criminal organization. 

This can be evidenced by the means they use, which if the same means were used by mere mortals would be universally seen as bad, but magically becomes "not bad" when applied by the state.   

Jim Johnson

Wear your coat when it's cold until you build a house.
Wear your shoes in the stones until you make a path.
To ignore what is harmful will always end in your pain.

Free libertarian

Quote from: Jim Johnson on May 02, 2016, 10:13 AM NHFT

Interesting.  What is the origin of this wisdom Mr. Johnson?

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Free libertarian on May 02, 2016, 10:40 AM NHFT
Quote from: Jim Johnson on May 02, 2016, 10:13 AM NHFT

Interesting.  What is the origin of this wisdom Mr. Johnson?

Once I was stupid.....