• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Seth on Anarchists

Started by dalebert, March 27, 2010, 12:58 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

BillKauffman

QuoteMy intent was to ask them to help prevent future theft, by promoting good memes (ie education, not policing) since they had a pulpit and 'students' (by their own voluntary choice to educate others), and sadly, the conversation blew up into something else, partly because of how they reacted to my wordings and tone.

Also, anarchist obviously have a total reversion to being told they have a "pulpit" and should use it to "educate" people.

About what - that theft is wrong based on the absolute right of self-ownership?

Can you imagine going to folks in the left-libertarian circle and telling them this?

Please...IMHO this was all some kind of a pretense - a set-up of some sort to grind some folks based on a personal grudge.

William

Quote from: Silent_Bob on March 27, 2010, 09:52 PM NHFT
Do we know how many tickets were sold versus how many were collected?

So many of us have unredeemed meal tickets that the results would not be meaningful. I think 30-40 of us missed dinner due to the 411 excitement and breakfast due to other excitement.

Ron Helwig

Quote from: jaqeboy on March 29, 2010, 11:38 AM NHFT
I'll add $10 FRN to the pot

Jack, if you have $10 for that, then you certainly have $10 that you can use to at least try to begin to repay me what you have owed me for over two years.

AntonLee

Pat K

The plot thickens.......................

porcupine kate

Quote from: MengerFan on March 27, 2010, 11:43 PM NHFT
Eowyn loves your avatar, Kate. Totally obsessed with HK. Kind of like me, except for a different kind of HK.

I was obsessed with Hello Kitty when I was little too.
Now I am obsessed with my other HK.   is my favorite handgun hands down.
Kate

porcupine kate

If you want to thicken the plot quite a bit and derail the whole thread just get the landlords of the Porc manors to start posting who owes them money and for how long. 
Then you will get the other people who have lent money to other porcupines chiming in.

It all adds to my growing distaste for people who are selfish, reckless, irresponsible, mooches who do not honor their contracts, respect other people's private property, and give other people crap when they don't get up off their buts and do anything. 

I am weeding these people out of my life.

John Shaw

This is separate from the specific issue of stupid minarchist/anarchist pissing contests, but sort of related.

I am amazed and disgusted that a movement peopled with mostly free market types has been swarmed by freeloading creeps.

I am even further amazed and disgusted that said freeloading creeps are tolerated for more than say, two months rent or two meals eaten. Shame on the people who enable that sort of behavior to continue once the culprit is identified. And do it right. Don't whisper it behind closed doors. You shout "Stickyfingers McAgoristcommiethief stole X and he's a big old butthole!" from the nearest rooftop you have rightful access to, then back up the claim and drop it. Anything more is grandstanding drama whoring.

Again, this is nothing to do with min/an-archist hullabaloo, which was tiring and old for me almost 20 years ago and still just as tiring (And obviously older) now. I say that as someone who has even switched sides between those two factions in the interim.

All that said, this thing smells like a witch hunt and too much collectivist talk is flying. Bah on that. Expose the guilty, name the names, or STFU. Otherwise ya look like a collectivist jackass.

*Waddles Away, Slams Screen Door*

porcupine kate

I agree with you John. 
My husband is too nice and he won't let me spill the beans on the deadbeats.  I have been pestering him for months to let me say something.  He will continue to be nice till Porc Fest.  Then I will have his blessing to out them all.  He sends a notice out to them every month and gets excesses every time.  These people have owed him money for far too long.   

I am not sure what is worse.  The people who claim to be good activists and are deadbeats or the people who smoke pot all the time but can't pay the rent.  Porc Central had the last deadbeat move out a year ago. 

I just asked he still won't let air the deadbeats names while he is trying to collect from them.

AntonLee

I would think a bit of social ostracism might make the payments come a bit quicker.   Of course it's just food for thought since he's made his decision. 

I'd love the name of deadbeats, I tend to steer clear of them.

MaineShark

So far, I've only had one supposed liberty-lover breach a contract and fail to pay (okay, he eventually paid, substantially late, only because he was unable to get paid for something else unless he wrote me a check).

Other than that, I've had extremely good luck with folks paying what they owe, when they owe it, even when it was a "handshake" deal and I could never have presented compelling evidence against them if they choose not to pay.  Of course, I'm also extremely picky about whom I do business with.  The one time I relaxed my standards, I lost at least a couple-three grand, once you figure the damage caused by interfering with cashflow, wasted time, and such.

For what it matters, the individual in question was a politician, not an anarchist.  I deal largely in cash, and I've had parties where I literally had thousands of dollars clipped to a magnet on the fridge, waiting to go to the bank, the next day.  Never an issue.  As I said, I'm picky.  I'm quite certain there are folks out there who claim to be anarchists, even though they are lying thieves.  But they are in the minority.  My personal statistics say that political types are overwhelmingly more likely to engage in thievery.

Joe

jaqeboy

Quote from: AntonLee on March 30, 2010, 10:25 AM NHFT
whoa
Yeah, short story: had a heart attack, my landlord fought his mortgage company, got us all evicted 6 weeks after my HA, Ron took me in for 3 days/wk in xchange for labor or silver (and I couldn't do the hauling dirt labor), while I worked other 4 days away where I found light work that I could do during recovery, later stayed 7 nites on cot,  did projects & cooked, but fell behind. I went from even-steven w/ a casual life to >$100K medical bills, >$15/day meds, >various $hundreds/month Dr. bills, not able to work as much and a collapsing economy over a short period of time - I've definitely got some catching up to do. Also 3 car breakdowns and 2 arrests for not responding to notices I didn't get due to being homeless - have another trial tomorrow. Will get through it, but it won't be overnight, for sure.

Sam A. Robrin

Quote from: porcupine kate on March 30, 2010, 04:17 PM NHFT
It all adds to my growing distaste for people who are selfish, reckless, irresponsible, mooches who do not honor their contracts, respect other people's private property, and give other people crap when they don't get up off their buts and do anything. 

And don't forget--It's "the marketplace of ideas"!  So YOU didn't supply enough incentive for them to do what they said they would do.  And your complaining about it is just you being petty and disruptive . . .

George Donnelly

May I suggest the following places (among others of course) for folks to announce their ostracisms:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ostracism/104943999537276

http://ostracize.me/

Your own personal weblog, facebook profile, twitter profile, etc.

Some suggestions others have made for a good ostracism:

- specify who - complete name. Picture would be good.

- specify why, with some detail

- specify how the offender can make you whole again and lift the ostracism

porcupine kate

Quote from: Sam A. Robrin on March 30, 2010, 11:40 PM NHFT
Quote from: porcupine kate on March 30, 2010, 04:17 PM NHFT

And don't forget--It's "the marketplace of ideas"!  So YOU didn't supply enough incentive for them to do what they said they would do.  And your complaining about it is just you being petty and disruptive . . .

I may be petty and disruptive in your opinion.   Most people would consider this thread petty and disruptive. 
The fact remains that if someone treats me or someone else poorly I don't have to deal like them just because they claim to be pro liberty.

I have lived in this community for over two years now.  I have seen the good, the bad and the down right ugly treatment of other people and a complete lack of respect for others individuals liberty.  The majority of people I know here are wonderful, caring, responsible individuals who I treasure.  I have a large pool of wonderful friends here in NH.

There are a small group that seems to be growing that either forget or ignore that personal responsibility goes hand in hand with liberty.   I do strongly feel everyone is free to live the life they choose.   They also have to live with the consequences of there choices.   I am also free not to have people in my life who I regard as reckless, self destructive, irresponsible, and deadbeats.  The worst are those who are disrespectful of others property and claim they can do so because they shouldn't have there right to liberty impeded.  Your right to liberty does not supersede my liberty on my private property.  These types of people are disliked by so many Porcupines they most often move out of the state.  I get tired of them creeping in and causing damage to community and the cause of liberty here in NH.  They waste precious time and resources.  These are the people I avoid. 

I will not contact with people I have not had a chance to get to know or references don't come back favorably.  I have avoided lots of trouble this way.  Many call me a bitch because there are somethings I will not put up with and I am good with that.