• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Broadband comes to Grafton

Started by mackler, April 01, 2010, 11:06 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

mackler

It's been a while in the works, but I'm pleased to announce that I will be opening  an internet data center in Grafton.

I've secured the space for the facility.  We will have DS-3 fiber connections to four major backbones with M13 multplexers.  We will be offering wireless microwave service anywhere in the county.  Just stick a dish on your barn and point it at my tower and you'll be enjoying domwload and upload speeds up to ten megabits.  Best of all you'll be bypassing the local net monopolies.

If all goes according to plan, by this day next year we should be the largest data-center in the state in terms of bandwidth.

CJS

That settles it , it's Grafton for me when I move . If I can live in the boonies and have good access to teh interwebs I will be a happy camper.,

Ryan McGuire

Russell Kanning

hey .... the whole county ..... your barn must be in space
:)

CJS

EthanLeeVita

Quote from: CJS on April 02, 2010, 03:21 PM NHFT
Quote from: Ryan McGuire on April 01, 2010, 05:51 PM NHFT
Quote from: mackler on April 01, 2010, 11:06 AM NHFT
by this day next year.

As in April 1st, 2011? Fool me once...

OMG  , how did I fall for that .

I feel for it when I read it too. And asked the same question. I guess we just hope for such a thing to happen because it would make life so much better...

jerry

I saw the map of the proposed new optic fiber trunk lines, and one of them runs up Route 4.
Who knows how many years it will take to actually be installed is anyone's guess.

K. Darien Freeheart

Google's "Project Moonbeam" will happen first. :)

KBCraig

Quote from: Kevin Dean on April 08, 2010, 05:32 AM NHFT

I vote for "LLLLllloyd with a tin can and a string" first.  ;)

Pat K

Quote from: KBCraig on April 08, 2010, 06:24 AM NHFT
Quote from: Kevin Dean on April 08, 2010, 05:32 AM NHFT

I vote for "LLLLllloyd with a tin can and a string" first.  ;)

They got tin cans connected by fiber optic cable.

Lloyd Danforth

Only in the better neighborhoods