• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Homeschooling info please

Started by Mike Barskey, April 05, 2010, 11:36 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Barskey

There is a new mover to NH who is seeking information about homeschooling. This forum has some info and she's Googling, but are there any freestaters who "specialize" in homeschooling? We're looking for info regarding "sponsors," annual evaluations, legalities, etc.

Thanks.

Kat Kanning

shyfrog

"We're looking for info regarding "sponsors," annual evaluations, legalities, etc."

We're?

I sure hope you don't think you'll be homeschooling my kids Barskey.

Kat Kanning

I'm sure all of us here who have contact with them will help them learn about things.  They're charming kids.

shyfrog

Right, what I'm saying is, as their father, I don't approve of Barskey's interaction with them.

He's already proven that he has no respect for my property rights when he was repeatedly asked to leave and did not.

Now it's about parental rights.

So, if he's principled and believes in being fair, he'll come to me and perhaps look for some arrangement we can all be happy with. At this point, he has done nothing except trample all over me and then feigned ignorance and/or no responsibility for his violations of my rights.

For the record, I have no issue with him being with my ex-wife other than the fact that it may have been rather rude of him (and her) to throw that in my face. I'm not interested in pursuing that drama as it seems to be a repeating issue in the FSP groups. It comes down to whether or not he respects my rights. So far, as an individual who claims to be for liberty and respect of others property and rights, he has a poor past with me. The ball is in his court.

I am neither a statist or an anarchist or a voluntaryist or a minarchist or any other label. I am a human. I am a father. I am stating my disapproval. I have missed out on 2 years and 4 months of my children's lives because of my ex-wife's decision to lie to me about moving out here and then filing for divorce and forcing the violence of the state on me. This is part of an ongoing pattern with her that all of you will soon become aware of.

Also for the record: I pay my child support and more, I do not judge groups...only individuals, and I have never called the cops for any reason whatsoever.

shyfrog

Also, before the minarchists, lawyers, and statists chime in ... this has nothing to do with case law ... I will not go that route unless I am forced to by threat of state violence.

shyfrog

Oh, and yes...of course my children have a say in all of this :) They are individuals too

MengerFan

From what I have seen of ShyFrog's son, he should be teaching us and not the other way around. That is one awesome little dude.

shyfrog

Mike Barskey

Since I started seeing Brigitte in July, I have not made public any of Lou's actions towards her or me, though I have consulted with some of my friends when I needed advice. This post of his is the first that his issues with me and/or with Brigitte have been made public to my knowledge, so I will now respond.

Quote from: shyfrog on April 06, 2010, 02:42 PM NHFT
Right, what I'm saying is, as their father, I don't approve of Barskey's interaction with them.

I find it strange that you don't approve of my interaction with them now that I'm with Brigitte, but you did when you were my friend (I'll talk about my infringing on your property rights and parental rights in a moment). You introduced your kids to me, after all. I do realize, though, that a parent's reasons are essentially insignificant, though; if a parent doesn't want me around their kids for "legitimate" reasons or for "illegitimate" reasons, it's not my place to be around their kids. What happens, though, when one parent wants me around their kids and one doesn't? Which parent do I listen to? I chose to listen to the parent that had legal custody as well as a voluntary agreement with the other parent to be the custodian - the parent who raised the kids.

He's already proven that he has no respect for my property rights when he was repeatedly asked to leave and did not.

This is the same issue as above. Brigitte invited me to visit her in her home, the home that she and Lou owned together, the home that Lou voluntarily moved out of and that he and Brigitte had a voluntary agreement for her to be the custodian and resident in; she lived in the house, cared for it, cleaned it, etc. Lou didn't even have his belongings there. To the best of my knowledge, she also paid for the house, even though she and Lou agreed to split the mortgage, insurance, etc. (I understand that Lou was paying child support, but not for the house). My knowledge could certainly be incorrect, but it's how I understand the situation.

Now it's about parental rights.

So, if he's principled and believes in being fair, he'll come to me and perhaps look for some arrangement we can all be happy with. At this point, he has done nothing except trample all over me and then feigned ignorance and/or no responsibility for his violations of my rights.

Shortly after I started seeing Brigitte, you stopped talking to me and wouldn't tell me why. I asked you a number of times, even asking you to at least speak to me civilly with small-talk so we wouldn't be awkward when we happened to be at the same places at the same times. You refused. When you threatened me for the first time (when I was staying with Brigitte during that first visit in October), I told you I would not talk to you again unless it was about you and I restoring our friendship. I have completely ignored you ever since. I have not responded to any of your texts or emails or voicemails (in fact, some of them I didn't even read or listen to). When I was volunteering at the Liberty Forum and you and I were in the same place, I opened the door for you (because it was my job at the time as a volunteer to open the door for people) but said nothing to you.

So how did I feign ignorance and/or no responsibility for my alleged violations of your rights?

And regarding coming to you and perhaps looking for some arrangement we can all be happy with, I refuse to try for a number of reasons. One is that I told you I would not talk to you except about restoring our friendship. Another is because I've seen Brigitte's attempts to compromise with you and I've read some of your conversations with her and I see how you are unwilling to reach a compromise, and how you go out of your way to make her life difficult, including insulting her and threatening her. I've even seen you refuse to see your kids if it would "help" Brigitte (e.g., "I won't be your and Barskey's babysitter." - And for the record, it is my belief that Brigitte wants her kids to see you more if they want to, not to pawn them off on you when she wants to be alone - but I cannot read her mind, I only think so because I ask her about it and we talk about it).

For the record, I have no issue with him being with my ex-wife other than the fact that it may have been rather rude of him (and her) to throw that in my face.

Again, I haven't spoken to you at all since you started ignoring me back in...October? September? So how could I have thrown our relationship in your face? How could I have been rude to you, when you stopped speaking to me without telling me why, and with you rebuffing my requests to resolve whatever issue we had?

I'm not interested in pursuing that drama as it seems to be a repeating issue in the FSP groups. It comes down to whether or not he respects my rights. So far, as an individual who claims to be for liberty and respect of others property and rights, he has a poor past with me. The ball is in his court.

I am neither a statist or an anarchist or a voluntaryist or a minarchist or any other label. I am a human. I am a father. I am stating my disapproval.

I am aware of your disapproval of me seeing your kids. Again, I don't understand why, but, again, my understanding of why is unnecessary. But this world does not revolve around you, Lou. Brigitte is also their parent, and she wants me around them and around her. And you have already agreed with her, years ago - before I was in the picture - that she would be the parent to raise these kids, and they would visit you for 2 months in the Summer and 2 weeks around Christmas (I think).

You also said "Oh, and yes...of course my children have a say in all of this." Have you asked your kids whether they want to be around me, or have you ignored their wishes and just demanded that Brigitte not let them around me? It is my feeling that they like me and want to be around me, and I certainly like them. I'm amazed how unique each of them are, and how intelligent and creative.

I have missed out on 2 years and 4 months of my children's lives because of my ex-wife's decision to lie to me about moving out here and then filing for divorce and forcing the violence of the state on me.

I realize that you have been in your kids lives less in the 2 years and 4 months since you moved away from them to NH. I don't know whether Brigitte lied to you about moving to NH. I realize she filed for divorce and you did not. I also realize that the government is involved in the child-support issue (though I don't know any details). It is unfortunate that government is involved. It is unfortunate that she lied to you, if she did. It is sad that you moved to NH alone despite your family not wanting to join you (though it is very courageous and happy from a liberty activist standpoint!). How does any of this have to do with me?

This is part of an ongoing pattern with her that all of you will soon become aware of.

I am aware that Brigitte has involved the government in the recent past, and I don't approve. I have, too, and I don't approve of my doing it either. But in the 9 months we've been together, I've seen no hostility from her, no resort to government, no violence or threats, and not even any wishes of hurt (emotional or physical) towards you.

Also for the record: I pay my child support and more, I do not judge groups...only individuals, and I have never called the cops for any reason whatsoever.

That's great! I'm glad you seek non-government solutions. I wish they were all non-violent.

shyfrog

Popcorn anyone?

My response is simple.

I have been held by the threat of state violence for over two years now. If someone is holding a gun to your head you're going to try and reason with them or you're going to get your head blown off. All attempts to reason with the person holding the gun have failed. Since when does anyone who does not see the gun in the room ever actually wish harm (emotional or physical) upon the people it is held against? They don't see it. It still doesn't change the fact that they are using the threat of violence to their advantage. She does not see a need for re-negotiation (her words).

Quote from: Mike Barskey on April 07, 2010, 01:31 PM NHFTAnd you have already agreed with her, years ago - before I was in the picture - that she would be the parent to raise these kids, and they would visit you for 2 months in the Summer and 2 weeks around Christmas (I think).

This was not a voluntary agreement. It was a compromise with the threat of state violence still being dangled in front of me.

As for you Barskey, I communicated with you often enough during the time we were "friends" that I would have expected some semblance of friendship. I was only seeing opportunism coming from you. I shut off my communication with you first because I did not see the value in your friendship.

I did notice one thing in particular about our conversations during that time however. You forgot entire conversations minutes after they occurred. I thought it was an anomaly the first time, but then it continued every time I saw you. Perhaps it is selective memory. I don't know. I would however love to hear if anyone else has experienced this with you.

I'm curious...how do you respond/react when the violence of the state has you pulled over or detained? Are you angry? Annoyed? Confrontational? Are there any audio recordings of you in these situations? This is very relative...

As for the children. They have their own minds and individuality. The question remains: Will they be allowed to exercise that liberty?

I have aired my disapproval at your being in contact or interacting with them. You are correct...I don't have to give a reason.

One last thing

Quote from: Mike Barskey on January 10, 1974, 11:15 AM NHFT
I have not made public any of Lou's actions towards her or me

I have personally taken no action whatsoever. The only actors, thus far, have been you and my ex. I have spoken (in private and now in public) against what I observed as a violation of what little rights I seem to have. As far as speech goes, that does not equate to yelling "fire" in a theater and does not warrant the definition of an "action".

Mike Barskey

Quote from: shyfrog on April 07, 2010, 02:59 PM NHFT
I have been held by the threat of state violence for over two years now. If someone is holding a gun to your head you're going to try and reason with them or you're going to get your head blown off. All attempts to reason with the person holding the gun have failed. Since when does anyone who does not see the gun in the room ever actually wish harm (emotional or physical) upon the people it is held against? They don't see it. It still doesn't change the fact that they are using the threat of violence to their advantage. She does not see a need for re-negotiation (her words).

Like I said, I am unaware of the details of your, Brigitte's, and the State's interactions. None of it has to do with me, however.

Quote from: Mike Barskey on April 07, 2010, 01:31 PM NHFTAnd you have already agreed with her, years ago - before I was in the picture - that she would be the parent to raise these kids, and they would visit you for 2 months in the Summer and 2 weeks around Christmas (I think).

This was not a voluntary agreement. It was a compromise with the threat of state violence still being dangled in front of me.

I did not know that you and she agreed for her to be the legal and custodial parent of these 3 of your kids at the threat of government violence. That sucks. None of it has to do with me, however.

As for you Barskey, I communicated with you often enough during the time we were "friends" that I would have expected some semblance of friendship. I was only seeing opportunism coming from you. I shut off my communication with you first because I did not see the value in your friendship.

You and I were friends for about a year before I met Brigitte. In that time, during our many conversations, one thing you did was to pay Harlow's Restaurant tips for me because I didn't; this was unknown to me, and when I found out, you told me you did it because you considered me your friend. It seems like you used to value my friendship before I was with Brigitte. When and how was I opportunistic? And if you shut off your communication with me first because you did not see the value in my friendship, this is the first I heard about it - you refused to respond when I questioned you numerous times about why you stopped talking to me.

Also many times during our friendship, you told me what a bitch your ex wife was, how crazy she was, how violent she was, how complicated your relationship with her was. Since you stopped talking to me without telling me why, I could not, from your regular comments about your ex wife, determine that you still loved her. And if indeed you still love her, why do you show it with threats and insults to her, instead of compassion and patience and education and communication?

I did notice one thing in particular about our conversations during that time however. You forgot entire conversations minutes after they occurred. I thought it was an anomaly the first time, but then it continued every time I saw you. Perhaps it is selective memory. I don't know. I would however love to hear if anyone else has experienced this with you.

I would love to know, too. It is not a habit I'd like to be in. If anyone - including you - can give me examples of this behavior, I will try to correct it. I don't like it.

I'm curious...how do you respond/react when the violence of the state has you pulled over or detained? Are you angry? Annoyed? Confrontational? Are there any audio recordings of you in these situations? This is very relative...

I'm very angry and frustrated when the State aggresses against me. When I talk about it with my friends later, I am often still frustrated and angry, but I blame the State, not my friends. And soon thereafter, I am no longer angry or frustrated; while the State is still evil, I let go of my anger because it doesn't help anything - anger hurts things, especially the angry person themselves. Instead, I try to create methods of dealing with it positively, I try to communicate clearly with others about it so they and I can learn to deal with it better, I try to have fun and enjoy life because the State can't take my happiness away from me.

As for the children. They have their own minds and individuality. The question remains: Will they be allowed to exercise that liberty?

In the time I have spent with them, they have been allowed remarkable freedom to exercise their independence and set and seek their own desires, including (some of them) the desire not to talk to you on Skype or on the phone sometimes. This was not at any prompting by Brigitte. I'd like to think that if I had kids, I would raise them similarly to how Brigitte is raising them.

I have aired my disapproval at your being in contact or interacting with them. You are correct...I don't have to give a reason.

I'm glad we agree. Again.

One last thing

I have personally taken no action whatsoever. The only actors, thus far, have been you and my ex. I have spoken (in private and now in public) against what I observed as a violation of what little rights I seem to have. As far as speech goes, that does not equate to yelling "fire" in a theater and does not warrant the definition of an "action".

It depends on what you mean by "action." Threatening someone is an action; you threatened me a couple times via voicemail and SMS. You also asked your 19-year old son to physically eject me from your and Brigitte's house, but he refused. I do not know what actions Brigitte has taken that you're referring to - I know of nothing she's done except communicate with you via SMS and, infrequently, phone. I know that I have taken no actions against you, unless you're referring to me accepting Brigitte's invitation to spend time with her in her house.

shyfrog

Quote from: Mike Barskey on April 07, 2010, 04:08 PM NHFT

Like I said, I am unaware of the details of your, Brigitte's, and the State's interactions. None of it has to do with me, however.

You questioned my methods. I tried to explain them to you and you are still not making the connection. I am tired of the gun pointing at my head. Either she drops the gun or pulls the trigger. I've tried to get her to drop the gun and now I am goading her to pull the trigger. Simple. If she is truly a non-violent person, she'll drop the gun and then we can start talking about how to handle the current situation. If she doesn't drop the gun, I have no desire to live under it any more. By pulling the trigger, she will show her true motive. If she drops the gun, then she will show that she has truly changed. That is all I'm going to say on that subject moving forward.

I did not know that you and she agreed for her to be the legal and custodial parent of these 3 of your kids at the threat of government violence. That sucks. None of it has to do with me, however.

See above

You and I were friends for about a year before I met Brigitte. In that time, during our many conversations, one thing you did was to pay Harlow's Restaurant tips for me because I didn't; this was unknown to me, and when I found out, you told me you did it because you considered me your friend. It seems like you used to value my friendship before I was with Brigitte. When and how was I opportunistic? And if you shut off your communication with me first because you did not see the value in my friendship, this is the first I heard about it - you refused to respond when I questioned you numerous times about why you stopped talking to me.

Also many times during our friendship, you told me what a bitch your ex wife was, how crazy she was, how violent she was, how complicated your relationship with her was. Since you stopped talking to me without telling me why, I could not, from your regular comments about your ex wife, determine that you still loved her. And if indeed you still love her, why do you show it with threats and insults to her, instead of compassion and patience and education and communication?

No, this is where you forget entire conversations. Several times I stated to you, unequivocally, the reason I was paying the tips at the restaurant was because I valued the friendships I was making with the locals in the area and you were jeopardizing those friendships with your little social experiment.

Again, with regard to my ex-wife, see above. Pull the trigger or drop the gun. You try being compassionate with the State barrel staring you down. It's like being detained on the side of the road 24/7 (are you getting it yet?).

Only a cop would be telling someone to calm down and be reasonable when they have a gun pointed at their head.

I would love to know, too. It is not a habit I'd like to be in. If anyone - including you - can give me examples of this behavior, I will try to correct it. I don't like it.

See above

I'm very angry and frustrated when the State aggresses against me. When I talk about it with my friends later, I am often still frustrated and angry, but I blame the State, not my friends. And soon thereafter, I am no longer angry or frustrated; while the State is still evil, I let go of my anger because it doesn't help anything - anger hurts things, especially the angry person themselves. Instead, I try to create methods of dealing with it positively, I try to communicate clearly with others about it so they and I can learn to deal with it better, I try to have fun and enjoy life because the State can't take my happiness away from me.

But are your friends using the violence of the state against you? Of course you won't take it out on your friends because they're not the ones holding the gun in the room. You still are not making the connection. I am beginning to doubt you will given your selective memory.

In the time I have spent with them, they have been allowed remarkable freedom to exercise their independence and set and seek their own desires, including (some of them) the desire not to talk to you on Skype or on the phone sometimes. This was not at any prompting by Brigitte. I'd like to think that if I had kids, I would raise them similarly to how Brigitte is raising them.

It's good they have told me in person (this last Saturday) the real reason why they weren't talking to me. I'm sure you have an intimate knowledge of how Brigitte raises the kids by now. Out of those 9 months, you've spent how many actual days with her?

I'm glad we agree. Again.

One last thing

It depends on what you mean by "action." Threatening someone is an action; you threatened me a couple times via voicemail and SMS. You also asked your 19-year old son to physically eject me from your and Brigitte's house, but he refused. I do not know what actions Brigitte has taken that you're referring to - I know of nothing she's done except communicate with you via SMS and, infrequently, phone. I know that I have taken no actions against you, unless you're referring to me accepting Brigitte's invitation to spend time with her in her house.

I had a valid reason for my threats. They were based on the property rights I still maintain, however slight they might be.

My 19 year old has no vehicle and lives miles away from the home or things may have gone differently. He has directly requested he be left out of this.

K. Darien Freeheart

I like and respect you both, Mike and Shyfrog.

You're both parts of my life for better and for worse now (and screw any resemblance that has to the marriage thing...)

Mike is asking about information regarding homeschooling. Information that could be vital to members of this forum and (it goes without saying...) people who are loved by people in this community.

Kat offered.

Anyone else?

shyfrog

If anyone is misinterpreting my words or feels that I have misrepresented myself in any way, please speak up.

Most of you know my story already and have been around me long enough to understand who I am and what I'm about. If that has changed now, lets find out why.

Perhaps a different thread is needed.