• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

High speed internet in Grafton?

Started by Kat Kanning, April 15, 2010, 08:27 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

Lex

How did the DSL installation go? Are you guys using it?

Kat Kanning

Lex

Quote from: Kat Kanning on July 28, 2010, 06:56 PM NHFT
No equipment or install yet.

Was it just rescheduled or it's not going to happen?

Mike Barskey

Quote from: Lex Berezhny on July 30, 2010, 08:20 PM NHFT
Quote from: Kat Kanning on July 28, 2010, 06:56 PM NHFT
No equipment or install yet.

Was it just rescheduled or it's not going to happen?

Fairpoint flaked on their appointment. I called the next day and they said "it's in engineering - they're verifying something - they'll call you back within 24 hours." 24 hours later, I called them and they said "We should have said they'll call you back in 24 to 48 hours." ("they" is the engineers in another department, apparently whom I'm unable to speak with but who will theoretically someday call me). As of now, it's been 60 hours and I have not received a call, nor have I ever received the DSL modem which they were theoretically FedExing to me. And now it's weekend. So on Monday when they call.... Shyaa! As if! I guess they're as bad as WaveComm out here. Sigh.

Lex

Thanks for the update. I'm really hopeful this works out because it may mean I can get it too.

Tom Sawyer

It took us months to get through the process with Fairpoint... we were told everything from '...you will have your modem tomorrow' to '...you are never going to get DSL.'

If you are actually talking to techs, you are much closer than we were for quite some time. Many of telephone folks they have are completely of no help.

The good news is they will eventually get you going.  :)

Russell Kanning

Sunshine

Hoyt got DSL today!  It is awesome!  :)

Tom Sawyer

Lex

I'm looking on their website and I see that they also have business DSL which comes with static IP and you're allowed to host a website.

Did you get a Home or Business plan? I wonder if the business one would even be offered Grafton yet.

Lex

On phone with them now. Ordering bundled home package with static IP!  ;D

Lex

1 one thousand, 2 one thousand, 3 one thousand.... one week is going to take a long time...  :-\

K. Darien Freeheart

Once I have electricity, I am SOOOO on this!

Russell Kanning

someday you can also have a million dollar house like that hayseed from tamworth