• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Russell Arrested 4/15/2010

Started by Radical_Teen, April 15, 2010, 06:25 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Sawyer

So Sunday we, my little family, are going to the jail to show our support for our friend, compatriot and spiritual founder of the whole CD movement.

There, but for the grace of God goes us.

We will go there after the Freedom Festival. Will anyone else stand with us?

dalebert

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on April 23, 2010, 08:32 AM NHFT
Will anyone else stand with us?

If we time it for right after Free Keene Fest, we can probably get a lot of out-of-towners there as well.  When were you planning it?

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: dalebert on April 23, 2010, 08:33 AM NHFT

If we time it for right after Free Keene Fest, we can probably get a lot of out-of-towners there as well.  When were you planning it?

I was pretty sure the Ambassador would be interested... yes after the Fest... any input is welcomed and needed... Seeing Kat all tore up is my limit.

Sam A. Robrin

I'll paint some signs, and don't mind suggestions for slogans.  And I wrote the song with the "Let him free   Let him go     Let him out" refrain precisely for occasions such as this.  I should have postcards at FreeKeeneFest if anyone wants to send one.   Anything else?  Say the word.

Mike Barskey

I just spoke to a woman cop at the new Cheshire jail and she said that Russell is in "segregation" and hence has visiting hours only on Mondays; we can go any time we want, without an appointment, and have a maximum of one hour visit, according to her. Actually, Perhaps Russell can have a maximum of one hour of visitations all day (all week). If so, we should coordinate who visits him so that people - like Kat - don't drive all the way from Grafton only to be told that Russell has already had his visitation quota.

Also, FYI: normal visiting hours (for those in population, not segregation) are 8:00a to 10:00a 7 days a week.

Kat Kanning

Thanks.  I can't visit on Monday, so if anyone else wants to go, please do!

Jim Johnson

The Noble Knight will be at the jail at 5pm Sunday.  : NKnight :

Tom Sawyer

Awesome...

Working on the Golden Orbs of Justice... she could use some cheering to motivate her.  ;D

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Sam A. Robrin on April 23, 2010, 09:11 AM NHFT
I'll paint some signs, and don't mind suggestions for slogans.  And I wrote the song with the "Let him free   Let him go     Let him out" refrain precisely for occasions such as this.  I should have postcards at FreeKeeneFest if anyone wants to send one.   Anything else?  Say the word.

Victim
of the
War on Dads

Debtor
Prison

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on April 23, 2010, 08:34 AM NHFT

I was pretty sure the Ambassador would be interested... yes after the Fest... any input is welcomed and needed... Seeing Kat all tore up is my limit.

What time will Free Keene Fest be over?   If I can come I'll need directions.  :P

Trifith

Quote from: Jim Johnson on April 23, 2010, 10:00 AM NHFT
The Noble Knight will be at the jail at 5pm Sunday.  : NKnight :

Where the Noble Knight rides, I shall follow.

Tom Sawyer

Your bravery and honor are now well known.  8)

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Raineyrocks on April 23, 2010, 02:44 PM NHFT
Quote from: Tom Sawyer on April 23, 2010, 08:34 AM NHFT

What time will Free Keene Fest be over?   If I can come I'll need directions.  :P

Freedom Fest
April 25 from 11:00a until 4:00p

The new and improved coercive compliance facility...
Rainey just look for the NHFREE.COM airplane banner and smoke jumping team!

Lance

I was able to look at the file today.  A hearing appears to have been scheduled for 4-20-10 at 1:30 but that date had a line drawn through it.  It was in the portion of the file that is handwritten (on the left side when open).  Looking at the file alone, I was unable to determine that anything had even happened with the case this week. Perhaps there is an order being written somewhere that describes what happened in court.  I don't know, but I doubt the order will mention anything about the fact that the hearing was apparently rescheduled.

The big question I had was about the nature of the proceeding.  It does appear to be a "civil" matter of contempt instead of a criminal case.  They are both nasty but at least with a criminal case there is a fixed term of imprisonment.

It is all very sad.

:(

MaineShark

Quote from: Lance on April 23, 2010, 10:11 PM NHFTI was able to look at the file today.  A hearing appears to have been scheduled for 4-20-10 at 1:30 but that date had a line drawn through it.  It was in the portion of the file that is handwritten (on the left side when open).  Looking at the file alone, I was unable to determine that anything had even happened with the case this week. Perhaps there is an order being written somewhere that describes what happened in court.  I don't know, but I doubt the order will mention anything about the fact that the hearing was apparently rescheduled.

The big question I had was about the nature of the proceeding.  It does appear to be a "civil" matter of contempt instead of a criminal case.  They are both nasty but at least with a criminal case there is a fixed term of imprisonment.

It is all very sad.
:(

The question then would be whether Russell wants anyone to file papers demanding that they show their cause for holding him.

The bright light of day can often help out in these shady dealings.

But I could certainly understand Russell preferring not to go down that road.

Guess someone needs to consult with him and find out what flavor of assistance he wants.

Joe