• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Russell Arrested 4/15/2010

Started by Radical_Teen, April 15, 2010, 06:25 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Barskey

Here are a few pics (and Cooper's video) from the Free Russell Kanning Rally yesterday: http://www.nhfair.com/gallery_events/886

If you have more, please share them on NH FAIR.

Raineyrocks

I just called the Cheshire County Superior Court and asked them why Russell couldn't work and was being held in jail indefinetly and here's how it went"

Me:  Why is Russell Kanning being held in jail instead of being allowed to work?

Lady I spoke with:  He needs to pay a certain amount of $$ to get out.

Me: Why can't he get out and work to make $$?

Lady I spoke with:  That's something he needs to figure out.

CLICK  >:(

Tom Sawyer

Yeah! Lauren is released... going to hangout and eat sushi.   8)

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on April 26, 2010, 10:58 AM NHFT
Yeah! Lauren is released... going to hangout and eat sushi.   8)

Great news!  :)   

Jim Johnson

Lauren would like to have lunch at the Keene Buffet today, 4/26/10, at 2;30 pm.   ;D

Hope some of you can make it there.

Tom Sawyer

http://www.keenesentinel.com/articles/2010/04/26/news/police_blotter/free/id_398777.txt

12 arrested at jail protest

Twelve people were charged with criminal trespass Sunday, after refusing to leave the Cheshire County jail in Keene, according to Keene police Lt. Darryl W. Madden.

The group was protesting the jailing of N.H. Free Press publisher Russell Kanning, according to a dispatch from Free Keene.com.

Ian H. Bernard, 29, of Keene; Richard G. Paul, 42, of Keene; Dale V. Everett, 42, of Marlborough; Menno Troyer, 38, of Winchester; Michael A. Segal, 24, of Concord; James Johnson, 54, of Winchester; Mark A. Capuzzo, 26, of Keene; Richard T. Onley, 56, of Keene; Sean Murphy, 28, of Keene; Lauren A. Canario, 53, of Winchester; Aubern Goodwin, 41, of Keene; and a 16-year-old were all arrested, Madden said. Paul also faces charges of possession of a controlled substance (narcotics) and possession of drug paraphernalia.

All received summons to appear in court, he said.

The Free Keene dispatch says all 12 are to be arraigned June 1.

Kat Kanning

I''m glad Lauren is out :)

So no one went to visit Russell?

Jim Johnson

Repost

Russell Kanning
825 Marlborough Road
Marlborough, NH 03455

New phone number for the jail 603-903-1600

Kat Kanning

Quote from: Raineyrocks on April 26, 2010, 10:35 AM NHFT
I just called the Cheshire County Superior Court and asked them why Russell couldn't work and was being held in jail indefinetly and here's how it went"

Me:  Why is Russell Kanning being held in jail instead of being allowed to work?

Thank you so much for doing that!

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Kat Kanning on April 27, 2010, 02:57 AM NHFT
Quote from: Raineyrocks on April 26, 2010, 10:35 AM NHFT

Thank you so much for doing that!

No problem, for all the good it did though.   :-\   

dalebert

Quote from: Kat Kanning on April 26, 2010, 07:02 PM NHFT

I had wanted to go.  Yesterday was crazy insane busy and I somehow let this slip and now I'm face-palming.  Did anyone go?

Tom Sawyer

Sam A. Robrin

Quote from: Kat Kanning on April 26, 2010, 07:02 PM NHFT

No one seemed to know the scheduled time.  When is it?

Kat Kanning

Quote from: Mike Barskey on April 23, 2010, 09:25 AM NHFT
I just spoke to a woman cop at the new Cheshire jail and she said that Russell is in "segregation" and hence has visiting hours only on Mondays; we can go any time we want, without an appointment, and have a maximum of one hour visit, according to her. Actually, Perhaps Russell can have a maximum of one hour of visitations all day (all week). If so, we should coordinate who visits him so that people - like Kat - don't drive all the way from Grafton only to be told that Russell has already had his visitation quota.

Also, FYI: normal visiting hours (for those in population, not segregation) are 8:00a to 10:00a 7 days a week.

Anytime, it looked like.

WithoutAPaddle

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on April 26, 2010, 06:51 PM NHFT
http://www.keenesentinel.com/articles/2010/04/26/news/police_blotter/free/id_398777.txt

12 arrested at jail protest

Twelve people were charged with criminal trespass Sunday, after refusing to leave the Cheshire County jail in Keene, according to Keene police Lt. Darryl W. Madden.

The group was protesting the jailing of N.H. Free Press publisher Russell Kanning, according to a dispatch from Free Keene.com.

Ian H. Bernard, 29, of Keene; Richard G. Paul, 42, of Keene; Dale V. Everett, 42, of Marlborough; Menno Troyer, 38, of Winchester; Michael A. Segal, 24, of Concord; James Johnson, 54, of Winchester; Mark A. Capuzzo, 26, of Keene; Richard T. Onley, 56, of Keene; Sean Murphy, 28, of Keene; Lauren A. Canario, 53, of Winchester; Aubern Goodwin, 41, of Keene; and a 16-year-old were all arrested, Madden said. Paul also faces charges of possession of a controlled substance (narcotics) and possession of drug paraphernalia.

All received summons to appear in court, he said.

The Free Keene dispatch says all 12 are to be arraigned June 1.

If the purpose of the protest was to get publicity for some cause, and if this article in the Keene Sentinel is all the publicity it got, then it accomplished nothing.  The article doesn't say what Mr. Kanning was arrested for, nor does it say why the protesters believed that his arrest or incarceration were unreasonable.