• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Regional Outreach

Started by citizen_142002, October 17, 2005, 05:34 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

citizen_142002

I realize that the FSP is designed to focus on a single state, but I think there might be advantages to supporting libertarian movements in neighboring states.
I'm not asking people to shift their focus from New Hampshire, but there's nothing wrong with helping freedom loving activists in New England and Quebec. If neighboring states become more free and independent, that only bodes well for New Hampshire.
For those of us who would like to see independence or at least greater recognition of State sovreignty, Quebec could be a powerful ally.
I try to keep up to date with affairs in Vermont and Quebec. Even if all we can do is infuse some energy into forums and websites, that can go a long way for the strength of a grassroots movement.

tracysaboe

I think I agree with Sung for once.

Tracy

citizen_142002

Yes, I agree that our focus needs to be on New Hampshire. I also have to say that from where I am, Brattleboro, V.T. is as close as Concord, New Hampshire. In fact it is really only 20 minutes from Keene.
I'm not saying that we should try to be the free region project. I am saying that if liberty advocates in Brattleboro, VT sent out a call for volunteers, and you're not busy, why not give them a hand.
It can't hurt to keep in touch with freedom friendly groups in surrounding states. I know that I personally monitor freedom forums around New England. A small presence of our members on their boards would build a good deal of respect on their part for the Project. It's a great way to attract previously uninterested participants.

tracysaboe

that would be the reason to help them -- in the hopees that some of them move to NH, or perhaps at least return the favor and help us.

Tracy