• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Flippin'A

Started by shyfrog, April 23, 2010, 08:45 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

shyfrog

Anyone ever been to Flippin Arkansas?

They have a Flippin Church

And a Flippin Middle Fing...errrr School

A Flippin Fire Department

And best of all, the Flippin Po Po

So if you're ever in Flippin Arkansas, you'll know where to find all these Flippin things.

KBCraig

Quote from: shyfrog on April 23, 2010, 08:45 PM NHFT
Anyone ever been to Flippin Arkansas?

Yes, actually. It's the home of Flippin Ranger Boats.

shyfrog

Flippin Boats... that's kinda like trying to sell the Chevy Nova in Mexico (No Va...doesn't go)  :icon_pirat:

KBCraig

Quote from: shyfrog on April 24, 2010, 12:30 PM NHFT
Flippin Boats... that's kinda like trying to sell the Chevy Nova in Mexico (No Va...doesn't go)  :icon_pirat:

They should have just called it the Chevy Vate (va te... move along, let's go, move it, move your ass!).

Ranger is pretty much the premier bass boat, for those tournament competitors who need to reach their fishin' holes at 80mph+.

Around Flippin, they wouldn't call it "flippin'" your boat. It's "tumpin'"; e.g., "We hulled up on a daggum log and tumped the whole dang boat over. I lost my depth finder, three rods, and a whole daggum cooler full of beer!"

This is the language of my people.  ;D

Lloyd Danforth

A good heavy keel will stop those Flippin boats.

shyfrog

Daggum? Dang? Are you sure those are the words that would be used if the lost a whole cooler full of beer?  :icon_pirat:

EthanLeeVita

A few times. Never going back. I was threatened with jail and a felony for not having photo ID there a few days ago. -.-

Of course, all his claims were BS, but I didn't feel like pushing the issue in a middle of nowhere state with no support from fellow liberty-oriented individuals so I received and signed my first warning ticket after 3 years of hitchhiking. I can't wait to burn it when I get to New Hampshire this/next week. So that is Louisiana and Arkansas on my never visit list now...

KBCraig

Quote from: EthanLeeVita on April 25, 2010, 07:24 PM NHFT
A few times. Never going back. I was threatened with jail and a felony for not having photo ID there a few days ago. -.-

I wish I'd known you were in the neighborhood. I was supposed to be up on the Illinois Bayou over the weekend, but begged out because my mother just got out of the hospital, plus I've been under the weather. I'd have made the trip if I knew you needed a ride.

Sam A. Robrin

There are probably some terrific newspaper headlines in that area.  I used to live near the town of Noble, and frequently saw headlines like "NOBLE MAN KILLS FAMILY" and "NOBLE CRIMES LOWER THIS YEAR."

shyfrog

Then there's Hell, Michigan...

"Hell Breaks Temperature Records"

"Hell's Angels Hold Charity Drive in Hell"

And let's not forget Intercourse, PA  :icon_pirat:

porcupine kate

And let's not forget Intercourse, PA  :icon_pirat:
[/quote]

Which isn't far from Blue Ball, PA  :P

Lloyd Danforth

Usually you don't have one if you ave the other.

EthanLeeVita

Quote from: KBCraig on April 25, 2010, 10:43 PM NHFT

I wish I'd known you were in the neighborhood. I was supposed to be up on the Illinois Bayou over the weekend, but begged out because my mother just got out of the hospital, plus I've been under the weather. I'd have made the trip if I knew you needed a ride.

Ah thanks. Aren't you from Texarkana though? I had my incident about 65 miles west of Memphis. He told me to walk out of the state lol. Anyway, sorry about your mother and the weather above you. It worked out with a pretty sweet ride (he went 100 the whole way. Saved an entire hour between memphis and nashville), but I spent a few hours fuming.

porcupine kate

Virginia has some fun roads and towns too.

I used to work at the corner of Pump and Broad.   We used to say it like that when we gave directions to the store.
It is not far from Bumpass VA.
In Northern VA many people are familar with Backlick Rd.
Ashland VA has Licking Hole Rd.

KBCraig

Quote from: EthanLeeVita on April 26, 2010, 02:37 PM NHFT
Quote from: KBCraig on April 25, 2010, 10:43 PM NHFT

Ah thanks. Aren't you from Texarkana though? I had my incident about 65 miles west of Memphis. He told me to walk out of the state lol. Anyway, sorry about your mother and the weather above you. It worked out with a pretty sweet ride (he went 100 the whole way. Saved an entire hour between memphis and nashville), but I spent a few hours fuming.

Oh, I thought you meant you were at Flippin, which is near where I was going to be.

Quote from: porcupine kate on April 26, 2010, 04:45 PM NHFT
Virginia has some fun roads and towns too.

I used to work at the corner of Pump and Broad.   We used to say it like that when we gave directions to the store.
It is not far from Bumpass VA.
In Northern VA many people are familar with Backlick Rd.
Ashland VA has Licking Hole Rd.

Don't forget Big Bone Lick, which is so popular that Kentucky made a state park out of it. They don't discriminate, though: Kentucky also has a Beaver Lick.

I guess Indiana decided to go unisex with French Lick.

All this talk has me thirsty. I could go for a cold beer about now.