• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Moving Scholars' academy.

Started by porcupine kate, April 25, 2010, 10:55 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

porcupine kate

Scholars academy our new private school for gifted kids age 5 to 12 is growing.   We are moving to our new location on May 1st.
We would love volunteers with trucks to help out.

At 8 am we will be gathering in 3 locations to move the schools supplies.
We have art supplies and furniture to move from 412 central st Manchester.
Furniture to unload at the new school 35 Main St Hooksett NH.
YWCA at 72 Concord St Manchester has the most stuff to move.

Keep in mind since it is a private school= no guns.
We are renting space in an old school building that is now the town offices of Hooksett.  We are looking to enroll 20 students in the fall.
(We are accepting applications)

Please RSVP and let me know what moving equipment you can bring.
We should be finished before the MVP meeting for those thinking of attending the meeting.

Thank you Kate

MaineShark

porcupine kate

Fed laws apply to private schools.

MaineShark

Quote from: porcupine kate on April 26, 2010, 06:11 PM NHFTFed laws apply to private schools.

The "Gun-Free School Zones Act" was struck down as outside Congress's regulatory authority.  US v Lopez.

Joe

porcupine kate

Congress rewrote and passed at again in 1996 and NH CCL does not qualify under the federal wording.
GFSZ Act of 1996, as far as I can tell it is still in effect.
If you want to be the test case go ahead.  I do not recommend carrying while helping us move.
The space we are renting is part of an old school that the town of Hooksett uses for the town offices.
Kate

MaineShark

Quote from: porcupine kate on April 26, 2010, 09:43 PM NHFTCongress rewrote and passed at again in 1996 and NH CCL does not qualify under the federal wording.
If you want to be the test case go ahead.  I do not recommend carrying while helping us move.

They rewrote it, but it's still disqualified under the doctrine set forth in Lopez.

In any case, I think you'll find that few folks in NH pay it the least attention.  I doubt most are even aware that such a law is on the books, let alone being willing to actually obey it.

Joe

KBCraig

Quote from: MaineShark on April 26, 2010, 09:49 PM NHFT
Quote from: porcupine kate on April 26, 2010, 09:43 PM NHFTCongress rewrote and passed at again in 1996 and NH CCL does not qualify under the federal wording.

They rewrote it, but it's still disqualified under the doctrine set forth in Lopez.

There have been convictions post-Lopez. Someone posted a list somewhere; I'll try to find it.

QuoteIn any case, I think you'll find that few folks in NH pay it the least attention.  I doubt most are even aware that such a law is on the books, let alone being willing to actually obey it.

This is the important part.

John

Sorry.
I'll be out of town for a wedding.

KBCraig

Sorry for sidetracking the thread, Kate. Best of luck with the move and the new location.

I'll follow up on the GFSZA issue on another thread.

porcupine kate

We had eighteen people show up and we moved the school in 2.5 hours.   
We are still unpacking but we are happy to be in our new home.
I'll post pictures once we finish unpacking.
Kate