• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Texas Holdem fundraiser for LSF

Started by JonM, October 18, 2005, 03:01 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

You could do that where you are, no?  And still donate it to the LSF?

tracysaboe

I could actually.

Once I get my debts paid and free up some time.

I'll get more involved locally here in the next 8 months.

Tracy

Kat Kanning

tracysaboe

BTW, do we have any testimonials from people who got scolorships in previous years?

That's sometehing people really need. They want to make sure their money is really making a difference in the lives of individual people.

Tracy

JonM

I sent you a PM about this Milke, did you get it?

Russell Kanning

Quote from: tracysaboe on October 24, 2005, 07:50 PM NHFT
BTW, do we have any testimonials from people who got scolorships in previous years?

That's sometehing people really need. They want to make sure their money is really making a difference in the lives of individual people.

Tracy
Should we hold a fundraiser for Tracy? He either needs phonics or typing training. ;D

JonM

You could ask kat to enable the spell check module, that would be a start.

tracysaboe

Yeah, I m/sp Scholarship and used the wrong there,  And m/sp Testimonials

I Mistyped something.

Russell Kanning

jgmaynard

Do we have a tentative date on this yet? Place? I've got two people right here now that would probably sign up to play if there were a time and place. :)

JM

Michael Fisher

Quote from: tracysaboe on October 24, 2005, 07:50 PM NHFT

Tracy

Good idea.  :) I'll put testimonials up from those who signed the confidentiality release.

Michael Fisher

Quote from: JonM on November 01, 2005, 10:39 AM NHFT
I sent you a PM about this Milke, did you get it?

Yes, I did.  We should definitely go ahead with plans for the tournament, but I don't think it should be anything fancy - it's just not necessary.  Since we're a scholarship fund, we could even have people bring food and drinks like we do with meet and greets and other social events.

Does anyone have a link to state gambling laws?  We need to review these first so the state doesn't annoy us too much.  Then again, being annoyed by the government would be good publicity.   ;D  Just kidding! ;)

Michael Fisher

Jon, how would you like to be a Fundraising Organizer for the LSF?  :)  I've known you for a long time and trust you.

In any case, don't let job titles get in the way - feel free to set a time and place and do this at your convenience!  :)  I'm sure several Board members will oversee the event anyways.

I'm working on getting a more accessible website, like a Wiki perhaps, so you could literally organize and promote the event on our website.

Maybe Kat will allow us to host the LSF on her NH Underground wiki so we don't have to deal with creating and managing our own wiki.  Then we could pay our $100 per year to her instead of Web.com for hosting.

What do you say, Kat?  ;)

JonM

Maybe the NH underground should be on a server in the Free State!  Since he.net wasn't willing to do domain aliasing, getting lsfund.org on their server doesn't look good.

I can help organize this one, not sure how much impact I can have on other events until I get my butt up to NH.