• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

GREETED NEW PORC

Started by Lloyd Danforth, October 18, 2005, 05:53 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Danforth

I just greeted a new member who lives in New Haven, CT.  I turned him on to the NHUnderground.

davemincin

Hey Lloyd...Be sure to tell the new porc of the virtues of the Seacoast Region! ;D

KBCraig

Quote from: davemincin on October 18, 2005, 06:36 PM NHFT
Hey Lloyd...Be sure to tell the new porc of the virtues of the Seacoast Region! ;D

I hear all the good waterfront property is in Keene.  ;)

Kat Kanning

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: KBCraig on October 18, 2005, 07:30 PM NHFT
Quote from: davemincin on October 18, 2005, 06:36 PM NHFT

I hear all the good waterfront property is in Keene.? ;)

It might be after global warming!

Dreepa

Hell if you guys want good water.... come see my basement  :'(

Kat Kanning

Bummer.  Varrin's got flooded too.

davemincin

Perhaps it is time to invest in a sump-pump!  Must say way back when I lived in the country, it was
my best friend! :)

Kat Kanning

Yeah, we helped Edi clean up the water and helped her put in a sump pump.

Russell Kanning

Am I glad I didn't buy that basement now. :)

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: katdillon on October 19, 2005, 08:17 PM NHFT

Did you, actually,  cut a hole in the floor and sink a pump into it?

Kat Kanning

She already had holes in the basement floor....three of them :)  Russell helped her pick out a pump and set it all up for her.  It seemed like the water table had risen past the level of the storm drain they had down there, and it was backing up through the drain.

polyanarch

Everyone should own one of those "little giant" pumps that hooks up to a garden hose.  If you live in an area where there is more of a chance of flooding then you should get the larger model that hooks up to a 2" fire hose and have 100' of hose to go with it.  As long as you have power you can pump.

Don't get me started on generators....

Dreepa

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on October 20, 2005, 06:56 AM NHFT
Quote from: katdillon on October 19, 2005, 08:17 PM NHFT

Did you, actually,? cut a hole in the floor and sink a pump into it?

That is what I did on Monday... Pumped it out on Sunday and cut on Monday... except the water table is still so high  I can't mix cement  :'(  Ah give it another week.
But at least all the water is out. : )

Best part is that I drove to HomeDepot at 10pm Saturday night ( they only had 3 pumps left)..... then I found out that the previous owner had left one with the pool equipment....  ;D  OH well 2 sump pumps are better than 1.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on October 18, 2005, 05:53 PM NHFT
I just greeted a new member who lives in New Haven, CT. I turned him on to the NHUnderground.
Isn't that considered abuse in some jurisdictions?