• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Room in Marlborough in July

Started by dalebert, May 04, 2010, 12:46 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

dalebert

The master bedroom will become available in early July at Bunker Hill.  You'll need to be approved by existing roommates, i.e. Josh and I.

Features:
* Decent closet
* An off-road parking space
* Access to washer and dryer on site
* Dishwasher
* Crash space (see below)

Rent is $400 each and we split electric and oil.  You'll pay current rates for the oil in the tank when you arrive and get reimbursed for the remaining portion when you leave.  There is a crash space that we will occasionally sublet on a nightly basis, a portion of which goes to the owner(s) and a portion of which offsets utility cost for the roommates so it benefits us to rent it with discretion.

Hot water is via oil but it should be a trivial cost in the warmer months.

Wifi and water/sewer are included.  We do not bother with cable TV.  You can add it if you want to pay for it.  We just use Internet services to watch stuph.

dalebert

I've attempted to post this on Porcmanor.com and I've failed the CAPTCHA four times in a row.  Apparently I'm not really human.  I'm a bot.

Pat K

Ron Helwig

Quote from: dalebert on May 04, 2010, 12:47 PM NHFT
I've attempted to post this on Porcmanor.com and I've failed the CAPTCHA four times in a row.  Apparently I'm not really human.  I'm a bot.

Looks like you either persevered or it went through with errors. http://porcmanor.com/forum/room_marlborough_july

BTW, is this room "Upstairs 1" or "Upstairs 2"? You already have those rooms listed on the map, but as occupied.

Ron Helwig

And I have now changed stuff so that landlords don't have to fill in captchas to post.

Captchas are often flaky, for reasons I am unaware of.

dalebert

Quote from: Ron Helwig on May 04, 2010, 01:25 PM NHFT
BTW, is this room "Upstairs 1" or "Upstairs 2"? You already have those rooms listed on the map, but as occupied.

Neither.  I'm moving upstairs myself so this is the master bedroom.  I am completely lost about how to change the rooms on the website.  I'm also trying to add a new temporary crash space and can't see how.

Ron Helwig

Quote from: dalebert on May 07, 2010, 12:12 PM NHFT
I am completely lost about how to change the rooms on the website.  I'm also trying to add a new temporary crash space and can't see how.

You probably just need to re-read the handbook, and I need to make it more prominent  :)

dalebert

Okay.  Is that the only place you can do it from?  You can't add a room from the place where you edit the actual property?  That seems like an odd interface.  Also, I don't believe it tells you how to delete a room.  I started to do that but then decided to leave it and just show it occupied.

Ron Helwig

Quote from: dalebert on May 09, 2010, 07:42 AM NHFT
Okay.  Is that the only place you can do it from?  You can't add a room from the place where you edit the actual property?  That seems like an odd interface.
That's a good idea. I think I can figure out a good way to do it.

I've been wanting to upgrade the site for a while now. I tried upgrading a copy last week and ran into a bunch of issues. I've got some fixes and other changes I wanted to do after the upgrade, but I think I can add this before that.

Also, I don't believe it tells you how to delete a room.  I started to do that but then decided to leave it and just show it occupied.

Good. The idea is that you can totally spec out your properties and leave them on the site. The ones that are marked as available show up in the various lists. As people move out or in, you just check/uncheck the box. That makes it more worth you while to spend more time making the pages for each room/domicile better.

But, to delete a room or a house, just edit it and you should see a delete button. It will ask you to confirm the deletion. The button is at the bottom, next to the submit button.

Ron Helwig

Quote from: Ron Helwig on May 09, 2010, 08:19 AM NHFT
Okay.  Is that the only place you can do it from?  You can't add a room from the place where you edit the actual property?  That seems like an odd interface.
That's a good idea. I think I can figure out a good way to do it.

I've been wanting to upgrade the site for a while now. I tried upgrading a copy last week and ran into a bunch of issues. I've got some fixes and other changes I wanted to do after the upgrade, but I think I can add this before that.

OK, that's done. The link to create a new residence is on the bottom of the landlord page, and the link to create a new domicile is on the bottom of the residence page.

So Dale, if you go to your page http://porcmanor.com/landlord/dalebert you will see the link under the list of your residences [Bunker Hill]. On the residence pages, such as http://porcmanor.com/residence/bunker_hill, you will see the link to create a new domicile. Right now any landlord can see the links, but I'd like to have it so that on your page only you can see the link and when you click the link it should automatically fill in the parent link (Owner or Building).

These links are on the view page, not the edit page. It should actually be better on the view page because 1) you should be done editing the landlord/residence page, and 2) you can better see what the parent page is.

Russell Kanning

who knows what crazy Keeniac will be moving in during July :)

dalebert

Quote from: Russell Kanning on May 16, 2010, 07:03 AM NHFT
who knows what crazy Keeniac will be moving in during July :)

I do.  A new one!  The room is filled.