• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Introduction to Agorism

Started by jaqeboy, May 04, 2010, 01:31 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

jaqeboy

The Young Americans for Liberty group at UNH (Durham) has invited me to present an Introduction to Agorism to their group. It's on for tomorrow, 5 May at 6:30PM [actually 7].

Details from Alex Peterson:
It is open to public of course.
Our meeting is in the Memorial Union Building(MUB), room 330, which is on the third floor.
The MUB is located at 83 Main Street.
Parking in this area is tricky, if you are unfamiliar with the area.  I recommend parking in C-lot, which is on Mill Road.  To get to Mill Road is easy.  Once you are on Main street, in the one-way section of downtown, Mill Road will be on the right.  C-lot is not far ahead and also on the right.  It is a parking lot with a little booth in the front, can't miss it.  The MUB is just across from C-lot, it is the large three story building with the staircase in front.

We'll adjourn from there to the coffee shop/ food court area at 8PM [more like after 8:30].

jaqeboy

For intro. reading for the YAL'ers, I was suggesting Darian Worden's recent piece on Center for a Stateless Society, Building Liberty from the Ground Up.

Alex is printing up copies of An Agorist Manifesto in 95 Theses, by Kyle Bennett to hand out (which I'm not sure I like that much).

Then, in my digging, I found Sam Konkin's "The Last, Whole Introduction to Agorism", which was published in Vol. 1, No. 1 of the Agorist Quarterly from back in the 80's [correction: 1995].

For more discussion about the questions "What is Agorism?, How can i practice agorism?, etc.", I'm referring people to the FR33 Agents group Agora! for an international discussion. Also, there's the ALL FR33 Agents group or the ALL home page (Alliance of the Libertarian Left).

The YAL group's Facebook page is here.

jaqeboy

The talk at the YAL group at UNH went really well with ~12 students in attendance and about 6 or 7 libertarian non-students. I appealed to the employed adults to kick in donations to ensure all students got a copy of New Libertarian Manifesto and they rose to the occassion - all the students got copies. We adjourned to the coffee shop in the MUB and had a really exciting, creatiive after-meeting. The YAL group has an office in the MUB and will continue a presence there through the summer. Looks like we made some converts and some are going to join in the efforts of shire agorists.

All in all a great night in the agora!