• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

More Londonderry thievery

Started by KBCraig, October 20, 2005, 09:18 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

GT

Quote from: freedominnh on October 30, 2005, 07:39 AM NHFT
Except the only authority they have is under eminent domain RSA's.? Pull the damn stakes and state vocally that all tresspassing will be considered life endangering.? Let them think someone is wild enough to use some deadly force.

A similar situation happened in Londonderry not too long ago. While the landowner spent time in jail for a minor tresspassing charge the town finished the paper work and bull dozed his house.

NH property is considered open to the public unless officialy posted "No Tresspassing" post the property legally and use the current system to your benifit. Verbally warning someone is not enough.

LAT

There is one thing that seems to be lost in the conversations about the little cohas marsh and the airport access road mitigation plan.  The Town of Londonderry's role.  They have not interest in protecting their own citizens from the State's ridiculous offers. They are in it together with the state.  The prime example is the Airport Access Road Industrial Park that the Town of Londonderry will own and collect taxes off of.  The 400 acre industrial park is part of some behind the scenes agreement with DOT and DES.  When you look at the necessity issue you realize that if the access road is displacing 12 acres of wetlands then you realize that the normal ratio to conserve is 5:1.  Thus the mitigation plan should have included conserving 60 acres.  You then have to ask yourself why 750 acres?  Well, it is the industrial park!  You see the town of londnderry does not want to have to take lands through eminent domain from its citizens, as part of a industrial park mitigation plan, because it would cost way too much i.e. market value.  So, they struct some kind of deal with the state to conserve enough property in the access road mitigation project to cover the industrial park.  I think the real perpitraitors here are also the Town of Londonderry officials and conservation commission.

Pat McCotter

I read it was 700 acres of industrial zoned land http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9809577/.

I was wondering why that sounded so much like 750 acres of mitigation property for the access road.

Dreepa

Quote from: GT on October 30, 2005, 07:36 AM NHFT
Quote from: russellkanning on October 30, 2005, 01:07 AM NHFT
Giving new meaning to the term "pulling up stakes". ;)

I lnow lots of you will disagree and I do to since I still beleive it's the Landowners property, but in NH there is a law against pulling out a surveyors stake. I beleive it's a misdemeanor with a fine, just another way the state can turn the screws.

It would be best to prevent them from surveying or staking anything up front...
Even if it is your land?  That sucks.

Maybe a 'third party' could take the stakes out every night?   >:D

APB

Quote from: Dreepa on October 30, 2005, 08:17 PM NHFT
Quote from: GT on October 30, 2005, 07:36 AM NHFT
Quote from: russellkanning on October 30, 2005, 01:07 AM NHFT
Giving new meaning to the term "pulling up stakes". ;)

I lnow lots of you will disagree and I do to since I still beleive it's the Landowners property, but in NH there is a law against pulling out a surveyors stake. I beleive it's a misdemeanor with a fine, just another way the state can turn the screws.

It would be best to prevent them from surveying or staking anything up front...
I never oulled out any stakes, they are some type of pink ribbons that they hung on the trees and bush's.
Even if it is your land?? That sucks.

Maybe a 'third party' could take the stakes out every night?? ?>:D

Dreepa

Maybe we could just prune those bushes and trees?

APB

Quote from: freedominnh on October 30, 2005, 06:45 AM NHFT
Alright follow the thought process.? The landowners lease to themselves as a development entity to build say a campground with the stipulation that they get all local ZBA, local planning and local wetland approvals within 6 months (time being of the essence).? ?I do not believe a campground would require the area variance which in now NH Supreme Court law (Boccia Case).? APB? can you get a Londonderry zoning ordinance and determine what zone your lands are and if those zones have been modified in the past 50 years.? ?Consider this homework to save your land and some attorney fees. Let me know as this could happen quickly.

Next step would be to get a copy of the most recent boundary survies of the property.? Ideally, a campground requires the least amount of building and road infrastructure(road should be sufficient as a gravel pervious base).? ?Once the commercial business entity is established----sometime in the future the use could be changed (will delete this sentence after APB and fellow abutters read it).

Create the lease document for the newly created entity.? Then get on the municipality agendas as quickly as you can shake dead men walking (most boards I've seen lately).

If you are denied at any board you automatically file a Supreme Court Appeal and drag the State in as a co-defendant.? The press will hit them with hopefully some ethical questions that stop the State from proceeding with any adversarial action involving ED.

In the end you will have a piece of much more valuable land (this process creates the value) to do with as you see fit, run it as a commercial enterprise or sell it (thow in a restrictive covenant that it always has to be a campground (will delete)). Viola recipe for successful fight against the State and the Town.?I can recommend a damn good lawyer when the country club boys get too expensive.

The State could lease their wetland mitigation every five years for a fee and you have developed the property with a higher an better use that remains parklike.? Win--Win for all and take 'em to mat only if you? need to.?
My property is zoned AR-1. This sounds good but the state already acquired my land by Eminent Domain. I was told by my lawyer that everything should stop on my property, until we go to court. As a matter of fact, the GOVE Enviormental Services Rep are trying to cover their butt. They should of knock on my door and asked permision to go behind my house. The DOT was asked by my lawyer for a copy of the GOVE report and for some reason they have not provided one. As, far as posting of signs with my name on them, they are up on the trees.

GT

Quote from: LAT on October 30, 2005, 11:22 AM NHFT
There is one thing that seems to be lost in the conversations about the little cohas marsh and the airport access road mitigation plan.? The Town of Londonderry's role.? They have not interest in protecting their own citizens from the State's ridiculous offers. They are in it together with the state.? The prime example is the Airport Access Road Industrial Park that the Town of Londonderry will own and collect taxes off of.? The 400 acre industrial park is part of some behind the scenes agreement with DOT and DES.? When you look at the necessity issue you realize that if the access road is displacing 12 acres of wetlands then you realize that the normal ratio to conserve is 5:1.? Thus the mitigation plan should have included conserving 60 acres.? You then have to ask yourself why 750 acres?? Well, it is the industrial park!? You see the town of londnderry does not want to have to take lands through eminent domain from its citizens, as part of a industrial park mitigation plan, because it would cost way too much i.e. market value.? So, they struct some kind of deal with the state to conserve enough property in the access road mitigation project to cover the industrial park.? I think the real perpitraitors here are also the Town of Londonderry officials and conservation commission.

Interesting. Any way of getting some sort of map showing the area being taken? I was under the impression that the land was to be used for conservation not industrial zoned.

Dreepa

APB,

Any word back from the emails you sent?
The key is to get this in the press more.  A rally, some CD, something to get people to wake up that the gov is stealing people's houses.

APB

Quote from: LAT on October 30, 2005, 11:22 AM NHFT
Interesting. Any way of getting some sort of map showing the area being taken? I was under the impression that the land was to be used for conservation not industrial zoned.
I have a updated survey which I had done in the past 3 months. My land is supposed to be use for conservation. The appraisal that the DOT had done states that I have excessive land and that it's value for the 4.876 acres is only $10,000.00. The actual Industrial Zone that everyone is talking about is somewhere near the airport. I was told that I could hire a independent appraiser, which I will soon.

APB

Quote from: Dreepa on October 31, 2005, 07:21 AM NHFT
APB,

Any word back from the emails you sent?
The key is to get this in the press more.? A rally, some CD, something to get people to wake up that the gov is stealing people's houses.
The only one who answer me back was Sen Bob Clegg.

Quote from his e-mail:
What ever I can do to help I will.  the new law we propose will likely be too late for you however it is not too late to tell the people how most of the land they are taking for mitigation is senseless in that it likely replaces drainage ditches and is also likely to be used for "open space' to make the environmental groups happy with little concern for those who currently own and use the property.  Good luck, I hope the courts hear you.

Sen Bob Clegg

Dreepa

Quote from: APB on October 31, 2005, 07:32 AM NHFT
Quote from his e-mail:
What ever I can do to help I will.?
Hmmm sounds like an invitation.

The lease on the damn is gone!! What are these people missing?

APB

Quote from: freedominnh on October 31, 2005, 06:48 AM NHFT
Were you ever told in writing what the property was appraised for---what the State offered you for compensation---and that if you were not satisfied you had the right to hire an independent appraisal?

Lawyers should be proving the process was flawed.
Yes, 2 guys from DOT came to my house and sat wiyh my wife and I. That is went they brought me two offers. One for an easement for $5000,00 and the 2nd offer for the purchase of 4.876 acres for $10, 000.00. They also told me that I have the right to an independant appraiser. I have not done that yet as I have a son graduating from Parris Island Dec 2, and my monies have been spent on 4 plane tickets. When I come back then I will have it appraised. My lawyer already informed me to do it.

Dreepa

Time for a press release  if you are gone in early December... Dec 10th protest?  Nice and cold.

'APB, a former Marine just got back from Parris Island where is saw his own son inducted into the Marine Corp.
The govt that he served for 22 years is now shitting on him and stealing his land.'

Ok someone else will have to write it.. Dec 10th?

APB

Quote from: freedominnh on October 31, 2005, 07:27 AM NHFT
APB, I will email you the name of the best abutter's rights attorney in the State of NH.? You appear to have no time to waste in the hands of a big firm that wants to bill you for 1000's of hours of research.? Cut to the chaff? quickly before all of your financial resources are drained.
Wiggins & Nourie is the firm that is hndling my case (Atty Shiela Kaufold). I had asked right up front how much would this cost and she said that it would be about $3500.00 at the most. Keep in mind that I do not work as I am a disable VET, retired from the US Marine, So, I live on a budget.